Author Topic: The best music for CRPG that gives you goose bumps playing any medieval game  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46tS09yBc9I

It really starts picking up about 0:50, goosebumps start around 1:55, but please listen to the whole thing. I digital paint/sculpt while listening to this and it makes any hobby like you're doing it in front of gods haha

Brings a level of seriousness to the game that cannot be beaten with crappy trumpets and weak drum sounds. Although that is more realistic its not like its an ACTUAL medieval song. So you can't compare it to our realistically based armor content in terms of quality and accuracy.

Not sure about the copyright deal since CRPG is a nonprofit mod, but its 9 minutes of ever changing epicness (it isn't a loop)

Of course if this by all means isn't possible please move this thread to general discussion. Id love to see what people listen to while they play  :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:46:08 pm by frell »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
You should sue hollywood for linking medieval times with such music in your head. Music in medieval times was nothing like that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I never said it was. I actually said it wasn't.  The music in CRPG hardly sounds like war music. It sounds like fast paced ambiance music.

Medieval II total war has more realistic war pounding medieval-like music.

Its still a very heroic/epic sounding song that makes everything youre doing seem super important lol

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Not too impressed.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Yeah, this whole "epic" stuff just isn't my cup of tea.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The music in M&B is too weak. We don't know what Medieval pre-war pump music sounded like. Ill admit the new music pack some of them do sound alright, but the rest don't have enough bass

You won't feel the full effect until you play with the music in the background ;) I heard it on a speedpainting medieval battle scene video and it was awesome

this is probably the best medieval song ive ever heard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfbuP40bpiU But its definitely not for M&B

Yes I know "epic" is not actual medieval music. Actual medieval also didn't have floating ladders, infinite energy, spammers who didn't fall over, war hammers that could be pulled back over your head instantly after an overhead smash etc

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:12:17 pm by frell »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
meh.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Watisdis

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Probably means that he has been recruited, even though he previously stated his aversion to space games, which gives me hope.

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Probably means that he has been recruited, even though he previously stated his aversion to space games, which gives me hope.
LIES, do not listen to me ever  :rolleyes:

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
You should sue hollywood for linking medieval times with such music in your head. Music in medieval times was nothing like that.

This.

Bro i don't want to sound like i know what i'm talking bout, but i think we can work with this... In time, might take a few decades but i do believe we can win.

here is some true medieval music for you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fMHms5Cvsw

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
Space games are crap, unless it's NON galaxy jumping.

I mean, humans running SHIPS in space? what kind of fucking stupid idea is that?

Not to say ships cannot be in space, but humans are way too... well... i guess it would be helpful to have all systems be interfaced with human input, but humans are way to weak and frail to rely on in space.

And also, eve... fucking they got the economy and crafting down, and the control systems are pretty nice, but the giant void / shitting interface makes it hard to feel like anything is going on, unless your in a bad ass corp. So you want to out do eve? look at all the lame free to place space fighter games.

Space ship war? using "human skill" to shoot space ship guns, fucking RETARDED, talk about realism buzz kill..

Human vs Human "space ship raiding", meh.. could be alright, i always love crew / squad games and such...

Fucking say no to space god damn... Might have to rope someone's nuts in a noose and hang them until they speak the truth.

Man on Man, man on machine, man and machine on man, man and machine on man on machine..

Pick your fucking battle shits about to get real.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
-1 for above, cause that's clearly not the topic.

Don't really appreciate the music, i prefer listening to my normal playlist, wich has nothing to do with medieval or epicness. I don't need music to get goose bumps while playing cRPG.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Two Steps from Hell, probably has the best Epic battle type music

Epic Score, Immediate Music, Audiomachine have some good stuff too

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
This.

Bro i don't want to sound like i know what i'm talking bout, but i think we can work with this... In time, might take a few decades but i do believe we can win.

here is some true medieval music for you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fMHms5Cvsw

That's cool.  Thanks for totally reading my post where I said I know it's not medieval music. And I even linked to real medieval music.