Author Topic: Polls on Wooki, Lilith/Nuffen AND [ptx] - DISCUSSION  (Read 26206 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Polls on Wooki and Lilith/Nuffen - DISCUSSION
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2011, 10:37:06 pm »
I would suggest that eu admins play a bit on NA siege server and watch how Nindurr_ATS moderate.

Oh nindurr got admin now?

He didn't have it a month ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2011, 10:51:36 pm »
I support both. I have only ever seen them ban people for legit reasons or people that have been just generally annoying  :wink:

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2011, 11:03:49 pm »
To be honest, after ppl got admin rights ingame, this game was starting to get boring.!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2011, 11:05:40 pm »
To be honest, after ppl got admin rights ingame, this game was starting to get boring.!
TBH, not many people have somewhat accurate memories of what the game was like before that.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:46 pm »
the problem is how this mod chose theyr admin :a fucking forum with ppl, ME ME ME ME ME ME ME.

so we end with admin like wooki   ,       raise your standard, and we will have less whine about bad  administrators 

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2011, 11:16:55 pm »
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME.

Vicious for admin!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2011, 11:23:25 pm »
Just make Balton admin and justice will be served i'm sure.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2011, 11:30:22 pm »
Vicious for admin!

no thx.

i am not a good administrator becouse even if i am pretty fair and logic,     i am a flamer.          :) , and i like to flame and troll

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2011, 11:35:37 pm »
Oh nindurr got admin now?

He didn't have it a month ago.
Now yes, earlier I don’t know.
I only was on NA because EU siege had problems last days. I saw NA admin Nindurr acting, I was so WoW, that is what people want. Then I remembered that Lilith (?!) wanted help me and suggested to buy a shield and I thought that I can now give a good suggestion back. Thats all.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:37:38 pm by Karmazyn »
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2011, 07:20:38 am »
They both seem like cool guys to me so nothing personal, but the very small experience I have with their admin-ing was not positive.

the argument in wooki's thread that admins shouldn't troll the forums is a good one, but unfortunately invalidated by the chadz:

(click to show/hide)

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2011, 08:18:44 am »
The problem is, how does this process of nomination + vote differentiate between:

1) Players who resent admins exercising authority over them (justified or not)

2) Players who want to see if the process will work, out of curiosity (cats)

3) Players who have no personal experience of bad-adminship, but want to side with their friends (tribalism)

4) Players who vote based on personal feelings toward an admin, not on the quality of their admin decisions

6) Players who are affected by rhetoric or persuasive posts from people with a vested interest in the results (political campaigning)

7) Players who don't have any experience of the admin's decisions and actions, but will vote in a poll if one is put up

8) Players who have actual experience of poor decisions made by an admin, and believe for good reasons that those decisions were not a momentary error, but will continue due to the nature of the particular admin.

I have a feeling that groups 1-7 are quite large, but group 8 is very small. Maybe I'm wrong :)
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:45 am »
I've been meaning to ask liltih something: Why do you kick spectators that are afk? Just the other day I had to go afk for +/- 15 minutes, so I joined spectators to preserve my x5. I come back and find I'd been kicked by lilith. The server at the time had less than 30 people on. I'd done nothing wrong, I wasn't bothering anyone, I wasn't blocking people from joining the server. It was just a completely meaningless kick. It doesn't really matter obviously, lost a x5, who cares, but maybe not the best choice for a admin that's already facing losing his admin right.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2011, 10:45:46 am »
The problem is, how does this process of nomination + vote differentiate between:

1) Players who resent admins exercising authority over them (justified or not)

2) Players who want to see if the process will work, out of curiosity (cats)

3) Players who have no personal experience of bad-adminship, but want to side with their friends (tribalism)

4) Players who vote based on personal feelings toward an admin, not on the quality of their admin decisions

6) Players who are affected by rhetoric or persuasive posts from people with a vested interest in the results (political campaigning)

7) Players who don't have any experience of the admin's decisions and actions, but will vote in a poll if one is put up

8) Players who have actual experience of poor decisions made by an admin, and believe for good reasons that those decisions were not a momentary error, but will continue due to the nature of the particular admin.

I have a feeling that groups 1-7 are quite large, but group 8 is very small. Maybe I'm wrong :)

Those are the problems with democracy, before this change we had a different method in choosing admins, neither is perfect but we know for sure the old method had some questionable results.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2011, 11:08:14 am »
Those are the problems with democracy, before this change we had a different method in choosing admins, neither is perfect but we know for sure the old method had some questionable results.

What new method for choosing admins? All we got was the ability to get rid of a bad admin. As far as I remember the admins were all chosen by chadz and the other admins. Not a perfect method, but alot beter than a popularity vote. And tbh I can't think of a beter way, unless you go for an IG style admin selection, where you monitor the prospective admins for a couple of months, to make sure he can handle the responsibilty, before giving them the rights.

And let's face it, chadz has more important things to do than making sure every admin is perfect (like giving us back xp/gold on the duel server :D)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2011, 12:00:09 pm »
I've been meaning to ask liltih something: Why do you kick spectators that are afk? Just the other day I had to go afk for +/- 15 minutes, so I joined spectators to preserve my x5. I come back and find I'd been kicked by lilith. The server at the time had less than 30 people on. I'd done nothing wrong, I wasn't bothering anyone, I wasn't blocking people from joining the server. It was just a completely meaningless kick. It doesn't really matter obviously, lost a x5, who cares, but maybe not the best choice for a admin that's already facing losing his admin right.

Well, beat being kicked out for having high ping at round start, by Lilith of course. Random and silly, and has nothing to do with any rules.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".