Author Topic: Polls on Wooki, Lilith/Nuffen AND [ptx] - DISCUSSION  (Read 26062 times)

Offline Marblecake

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Marblecake_the_Motorized, Azincourt, The_Little_Hobbit, The_Crushing_Hobbit, Plumbers_Mario
Re: Polls on Wooki and Lilith/Nuffen - DISCUSSION
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2011, 09:48:52 pm »
Xant, did the guy say: "Go ahead and TK me?"

I guess he didn't. But even if he did, teamkilling is against the rules. And since admins are there to enforce the rules, the kick was justified.
TK'ing isn't only forbidden when it's harmful to the team but always. And: people get annoyed when they get TK'd. Swift justice avoids flamefests. Mostly...

I actually quite like Lilith's admin style. Strictness goes with the job, and I like the way he (really? not a she?) goes about it. The only decision I saw that I found myself incapable of agreeing with is when Lilith kicked someone for kicking another player out of the way while being chased by enemies. The guy was TK'ed before by the same team mate who he kicked, but the TK'er got to stay. Highly questionable. But all in all, I didn't see anything I found disagreeable. Hence voted no.

Wookie, however, is another matter. As stated above, admins are there to enforce the rules, nothing more. Using your powers to switch maps because you do not like the current one is power abuse. Hence, voted yes.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2011, 09:49:18 pm »
Some admins forget to give warnings before banning so I understand some of the +1s in the threads.

I behave peacefully and never got warned or kicked/banned but if I did something I would like to be warned first not instantly banned without a reason then you have to wait for them to reply on forum to know why.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2011, 09:53:17 pm »
But even if he did, teamkilling is against the rules. And since admins are there to enforce the rules, the kick was justified.
TK'ing isn't only forbidden when it's harmful to the team but always. And: people get annoyed when they get TK'd. Swift justice avoids flamefests. Mostly...

I love the circular logic. Teamkilling is forbidden because it's harmful oh wait if it's not harmful it's still forbidden. It's a server rule yes, so what? The #1 rule is Use Common Sense. No harm was done, bing. I've never had problems with any other admins, guess they must not be enforcing server rules.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 09:55:34 pm »
Xant, please. If you wanna remove all the rules on the servers, go make your own thread about it. This thread is not about you disagreeing with the rules. Its not about you disagreeing about admins enforcing the rules. Its about if wooki and Lilith/nuffen (me) is enforcing em right or not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 09:56:10 pm »
Indeed, and you're not enforcing them right.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Marblecake

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Marblecake_the_Motorized, Azincourt, The_Little_Hobbit, The_Crushing_Hobbit, Plumbers_Mario
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 09:59:21 pm »
Quote from: Xant
I love the circular logic. Teamkilling is forbidden because it's harmful oh wait if it's not harmful it's still forbidden. It's a server rule yes, so what? The #1 rule is Use Common Sense. No harm was done, bing. I've never had problems with any other admins, guess they must not be enforcing server rules.

I actually said that it's not forbidden only when it's harmful, but always. Plus, I forgot to add that it is intentional TK that is forbidden.  :wink:

I just can't see what you're upset about. You intentionally TK'ed, you got kicked, end of story. No admin abuse there, at all.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 10:00:42 pm »
Xant, I suggest you stop arguing with admins for enforcing a rule stopping you from intentionally team-killing. You're only digging your already rather deep hole even deeper.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 10:01:34 pm »
I actually said that it's not forbidden only when it's harmful, but always. Plus, I forgot to add that it is intentional TK that is forbidden.  :wink:

I just can't see what you're upset about. You intentionally TK'ed, you got kicked, end of story. No admin abuse there, at all.

Why is it forbidden? Search your soul for the answer and you'll find that it's not to prevent what I did. Good admins know that.

I'm not claiming admin abuse, I'm saying Lilith uses no common sense when enforcing the rules.

Xant, I suggest you stop arguing with admins for enforcing a rule stopping you from intentionally team-killing. You're only digging your already rather deep hole even deeper.

The hole of logic is deep indeed. I suggest you come take a look!
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 10:04:25 pm »
The hole of logic is deep indeed. I suggest you come take a look!

That's right, keep digging. =)

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 10:04:34 pm »
... Its about if wooki and Lilith/nuffen (me) is enforcing em right or not.

I think people want from you that you chill more, management by perception...
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Marblecake

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 10:17:46 pm »
Quote from: Xant

I'm not claiming admin abuse, I'm saying Lilith uses no common sense when enforcing the rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the polls about admins abusing their power?

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2011, 10:19:53 pm »
I think people want from you that you chill more, management by perception...

Im confused. Several people who have nominated me for the poll have complained, especially ingame, exactly because I only do management by perception and dont take em on their word..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 10:23:07 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the polls about admins abusing their power?

No, they're about admins abusing your MOTHER.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2011, 10:26:46 pm »
Voted no on both cases. While there might have been some misjudgements (I can't tell, I don't have that much insight), the community did all in all show what they consider good admining, so I think it would turn out good with both.

Also, intentional TKs will definately get you trouble in the game, might be fun for you, but I'd rageban your sorry ass if I see that - or if you do it to me.

(never said I was a good admin, that's why I usually log in without admin rights)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2011, 10:30:20 pm »
Also, intentional TKs will definately get you trouble in the game, might be fun for you, but I'd rageban your sorry ass if I see that - or if you do it to me.

(never said I was a good admin, that's why I usually log in without admin rights)
If I did it to you and you'd rageban me for it, then you wouldn't be OK with it would you? That's the point - if the one getting TKd is okay with it, why is there a problem? It's a completely different case if the teamkilled guy demands a punishment.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.