Author Topic: Spam build  (Read 3883 times)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: Spam build
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 06:00:35 pm »
Good more spammers to 1hit while running by. I was missing this scenario. Now let me level up to 31 again (damn i really hate chadz).

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »
I love chars which get one-hit killed.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 07:32:28 am »
i love squishy ninja

Offline Garrus

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Imperial Potato Peeler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Vakarian, GK_Garrus, Puncinella, GK_DrZoidberg
  • IRC nick: Garrus
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 06:09:59 pm »
if you really want to spam like hell, and you don't want duel much but killing ppl in a short way, try to get a damage which kills ppl in 1 hit, which is -based on my experiences- 7 ps and above. I had a 27str/15agi/9ps build in my previous generation, that was a tank, but as you get less agility and less athletics, your dodging abilities go lower, but that is important if you want step into your opponent's face and kill him, so if your athletics is too low, then your movement is easier to track and you can get trapped. You can have even 9001 damage.

For example:
one of my "spammer" tactic is to try to predict when my opponent swings, then I start moving into the range of my weapon right after his swings went by.
It needs a bit of skill, you have to have a feel about weapons' length, have to know your speed well to know what distance can you reach in a short duration, need some experience how the common player plays the game, trying to be unpredictable, etc. So, if you enter attack range right after he could not cancel his attack, you have a free hit. If you can't move fast enough to do this, then I say you can barely play an offensive role (spammer, as you call charging, offensive ppl). Its not the same case killing a piker or a turtle or throwers, etc. You are simultaniously watching multiple targets, and if you would start bothering with one of them in a battle for a long time, what do you think, the other x target will leave you "with honor:)" ? Learn to not waste time.

I have now a 21str/18agi/7ps, that fits my need cause I would like to duel as well, so I have to hit back multiple times to the same enemy in some cases, advantage is that I cause a bit chaos among opponents, who thinks his teammate will disappear when he swings (this causes a lot of TeamKills, ppl wanna hit through mates). Imho its harder to play in the "spammer" way. But if you call "spammer", who is continously swinging.., then thats gay. You see what is he doing, you lift your block, and walk into his face keeping your block, in a generic case the second guy stops that noob. Peasants with masterwork hatchet are more dangerous:)

That is the two opinion what spammer means afaik, but what matters is that what is the "spammer" doing exactly, not what you see as an observing beginner, therefore I wouldn't use the word in this game, missleading for beginners. Anyway, I don't suggest this playstyle for first, cause you need some things to be in your fingers, or it will be only random swing-swing, and you end up in the noob-spammer category :)

only thing that matters is to have fun, enjoy what you do, use the game for what is for, entertain, or it will only push you down. (also continously random swinging can be fun, when you are drunken, you can also write a macro for your mouse driver to keep swinging left-right-left-right-up-up-left-...). If you buy warband once more, you can even risk cheating.. its your decision.. but then I would cut your throat:P And I like watching blood.. mmm

[ofcoz I didn't write here all things you need, especially I tried to give you as less information as possible. Maybe tomorrow I will think that this post of mine is absolutely wrong. Would be silly to use my time to improve others, because meanwhile I could improve myself, and I don't thing that I'm near my goal... Like when you wanna tell somebody what are your driving experiences: you try to tell him everything, but he won't get a big part of that things until he doesn't experience it on his own, and he goes into ugly situations. Im sure more than 62.3% of ppl would find a reason why is my playstyle wrong, what I can't or what am I able to do, what are my limits, etc. But I'm enjoying it, and on the day when everybody start behaving in the way that I like, then will I change my behavior :P, not before ]

I hope your eyes flew out during reading this whole post. sorry for accidental and intentional missleadings.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 06:19:26 pm by Garrus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Garrus

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Imperial Potato Peeler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Vakarian, GK_Garrus, Puncinella, GK_DrZoidberg
  • IRC nick: Garrus
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 06:15:39 pm »
oom, I really typed so phucking much, and everybody else wrote only those bunny-penises ?  :? When will admins implement to let thread starters be able to mark replies "Hidden", so those ones appear in one line with an expand button and only with a "hidden post" string in title to easily get rid of trolls and boring-posts ? Both makes not much sense, but you can read them if you want. You should be able to enable or disable "auto expand hidden replies" in your forum setup. That would be cool, and I should have write this to suggestion thread but I'm lazy and hope sy else does it. peace

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 06:42:40 pm »
Awesome post, Garrus!  :)  Thanks!

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 08:51:47 pm »
If by "spam" you mean your goal is to make an extreme AGI build, don't bother with IF at all.  Someone else mentioned it and they're right.  IF isn't worth the points unless you're going to wear heavy armor.  I have an alt that is:

10/30
3 PS
10 Ath
10 WM
1 Shield

With this I can use several different 2hands that are interesting: katana, spiked mace, bardiche, etc.  The shield point is a better dump than IF to get something useful against archers/throwers.
The speed is downright absurd and in chain armor I can withstand a hit or two.  There is a LOT of parrying involved though.  Spiked mace has proven my favorite for it's great speed, good blunt damage, and knockdown to boot.  Parry to get in close and then use your massive Athletics to footwork like mad and swing faster than they can see what's coming.  Fairly entertaining.

Also, someone said more AGI isn't worth it since wpf costs increase so much now.  Don't forgot that AGI alone is .5% weapon speed per point.  That's enough for extra AGI even without the skills tied to it.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 10:03:43 pm »
wpf is virtually capped at 150 so more than 5 wpf is useless unless you are hybriding.  high althletics is also pretty useless, unlike high powerstrike which owns.

one of my chars:

(click to show/hide)
if I ever make it to retirement I wont be stacking agility that high again its pretty useless.

Offline IRunUDie

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Freestyler
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 09:00:37 pm »
wpf is virtually capped at 150 so more than 5 wpf is useless unless you are hybriding.  high althletics is also pretty useless, unlike high powerstrike which owns.

one of my chars:

(click to show/hide)
if I ever make it to retirement I wont be stacking agility that high again its pretty useless.

I dissagree as I my build now is 12/27 with 4ps/4if/9wm/9ath using nodachi i really do make alot of kills, I was using my temepered katana with that build and i didnt really do anything at all. I think that WPF being so high helps alot.
if you really want to spam like hell, and you don't want duel much but killing ppl in a short way, try to get a damage which kills ppl in 1 hit, which is -based on my experiences- 7 ps and above. I had a 27str/15agi/9ps build in my previous generation, that was a tank, but as you get less agility and less athletics, your dodging abilities go lower, but that is important if you want step into your opponent's face and kill him, so if your athletics is too low, then your movement is easier to track and you can get trapped. You can have even 9001 damage.

For example:
one of my "spammer" tactic is to try to predict when my opponent swings, then I start moving into the range of my weapon right after his swings went by.
It needs a bit of skill, you have to have a feel about weapons' length, have to know your speed well to know what distance can you reach in a short duration, need some experience how the common player plays the game, trying to be unpredictable, etc. So, if you enter attack range right after he could not cancel his attack, you have a free hit. If you can't move fast enough to do this, then I say you can barely play an offensive role (spammer, as you call charging, offensive ppl). Its not the same case killing a piker or a turtle or throwers, etc. You are simultaniously watching multiple targets, and if you would start bothering with one of them in a battle for a long time, what do you think, the other x target will leave you "with honor:)" ? Learn to not waste time.

I have now a 21str/18agi/7ps, that fits my need cause I would like to duel as well, so I have to hit back multiple times to the same enemy in some cases, advantage is that I cause a bit chaos among opponents, who thinks his teammate will disappear when he swings (this causes a lot of TeamKills, ppl wanna hit through mates). Imho its harder to play in the "spammer" way. But if you call "spammer", who is continously swinging.., then thats gay. You see what is he doing, you lift your block, and walk into his face keeping your block, in a generic case the second guy stops that noob. Peasants with masterwork hatchet are more dangerous:)

That is the two opinion what spammer means afaik, but what matters is that what is the "spammer" doing exactly, not what you see as an observing beginner, therefore I wouldn't use the word in this game, missleading for beginners. Anyway, I don't suggest this playstyle for first, cause you need some things to be in your fingers, or it will be only random swing-swing, and you end up in the noob-spammer category :)

only thing that matters is to have fun, enjoy what you do, use the game for what is for, entertain, or it will only push you down. (also continously random swinging can be fun, when you are drunken, you can also write a macro for your mouse driver to keep swinging left-right-left-right-up-up-left-...). If you buy warband once more, you can even risk cheating.. its your decision.. but then I would cut your throat:P And I like watching blood.. mmm

[ofcoz I didn't write here all things you need, especially I tried to give you as less information as possible. Maybe tomorrow I will think that this post of mine is absolutely wrong. Would be silly to use my time to improve others, because meanwhile I could improve myself, and I don't thing that I'm near my goal... Like when you wanna tell somebody what are your driving experiences: you try to tell him everything, but he won't get a big part of that things until he doesn't experience it on his own, and he goes into ugly situations. Im sure more than 62.3% of ppl would find a reason why is my playstyle wrong, what I can't or what am I able to do, what are my limits, etc. But I'm enjoying it, and on the day when everybody start behaving in the way that I like, then will I change my behavior :P, not before ]

I hope your eyes flew out during reading this whole post. sorry for accidental and intentional missleadings.
Yes thanks alot for your massive book it has helped me to decide on my build :P