Author Topic: Maintenance Update - cRPG 0.223  (Read 7292 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Maintenance Update - cRPG 0.223
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 10:27:51 pm »
Is it possible for you to create a formula out of this data with variables like average multiplier, rounds played, money earned and equipment cost?

I'm trying to figure out how long I will have to play with 6.5k gear to earn 100k with a average multiplier of 2.

A formula like that might be useful.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 12:03:24 am »
+1
average gold gain per tick = 50 gold * average multiplier

average gold lost per tick = chance for breakage per tick * percent of cost payed per breakage * equipment cost

average net gold gain per tick = average gold gain per tick - average gold lost per tick

With the most recent patches:
chance for breakage per tick = 0.03 (though low weapon proficiency now increase the chance for weapon breakage)
percent of cost payed per breakage = 0.07

so

average net gold gain per tick = 50 gold * average multiplier - 0.0021 *  equipment cost

Using your example,

average net gold gain per tick = 50 gold * 2 - 0.0021 *  6500 gold
average net gold gain per tick = 86.35 gold

It would take you on average 1158 tick to earn 100K gold with 6.5K gold worth of equipment and an average multiplier of 2x.

How many rounds it take to make 1158 tick depends on the game mode. Last time I was recording such values, the average round on the the NA battle servers was 3.25 ticks long, so 1158 ticks would be 356 rounds.

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 08:40:46 am »

Ahh Walt, you inspire me...now if only you could explain to me how, in the awesome world of cRPG, that our young adult stages in life passes by so quickly while our mid-life crisis lasts so long...(ages 30-47 or 48) So painful. So painful.

Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong