Author Topic: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?  (Read 24211 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2015, 07:38:26 pm »
+6
I had 340 members in my clan

Yeah but like 200 of them were your own keys harpag :p
Turtles

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2015, 07:42:48 pm »
+4
Yeah but like 200 of them were your own keys harpag :p

nah, only 100 :p
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2015, 07:51:17 pm »
+2
Welp, ya guys can bash me personally all ya want on the interwebs, I could really care less. It is your human right to do so thanks to the Murcians that pulled Europe's ass out of the einstein fire. Otherwise you all would be wearin' lederhosen and chompin on a braut instead of internet tough guying and avoiding the OPs topic.

Other than heskey, who has tried to argue that bad PR is actually good PR (confusing I know), none of you have been able to make a legitimate argument for your cases.

Regardless of the trash talk a few facts remain that no one can dispute (has yet to form a rebuttal):

#1) cRPG is a reflection of this development team. For good or bad its a fact, and at this point in time its a bad reflection.
#2) From the horses mouth they do not care about you, even if you are defending them as singing their praises. Look back at the first page of this post. This is a great strategy for big business who are in the openly traded market. Only one thing matters and it is the stockholders. Problem here boys is this company is private, and their gaming community are their investors, but yet they only see you as a dollar bill.

That being said, why would someone who is able to think for themselves want to be a party of the crowd-funding program? Or for that matter purchase the game?

-edit-
Whoa didn't realize they replaced the chocolate chip cookie leader's name with einstein. Are they trying to say this man who sent millions of Jews to their deaths was a genius? Einstein and genius are pretty synonymous.

Ahaha nice post and priceless edit Einstein :P

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2015, 08:30:00 pm »
+5
But as to what CMP has said, they owe this community NOTHING, even though WE have donated to their crowd funding program.

Do I really have to explain that? :rolleyes:
It means we don't owe you anything in regards to cRPG. Of course we owe (to make a good game - M:BG) the guys who invested and/or supported us.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2015, 09:16:23 pm »
+4
I had 340 members in my clan, I remember everyone of them. Each of them said the same.

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline kooktar

• Java2EE Senior Software Architect
  • Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2015, 09:23:08 pm »
+1
In short it means that if people look at this forum and read your posts and then see that you will not be playing M:BG, it makes M:BG extra appealing. The fact that you don't like the dev team or the way they work, makes you a walking advertisement for M:BG.

Regardless of the trash talk a few facts remain that no one can dispute (has yet to form a rebuttal):

1. Noone outside of this insular self-important community knows or cares enough about cRPG in 2015 to judge a new game by this standard.
2. From the horses mouth they want to make a good game, not come back to cater to the vocal and needy 0.1% of an old project who won't let them move on with their career. If they fix what you as an individual consider to be the *only* current issues with the mod you think everyone else in the forum will suddenly decide mod is perfect and let Donkey Crew work on their game? Of course not. Someone else will have a complaint, or suddenly realize that the mod isn't perfect even with all the changes they could possibly want implemented.

Oh I will be playing, and never once did I say I didn't like the dev team, I disagree with how they are handling things, so please don't put words in my mouth.

Anyone who isn't a freemium child on their parents iPhones buying coins will investigate the history of the dev team, and someone mentioned steam, pretty sure everyone on steam checks the reviews before purchasing.

I also agree that the cRPG for the most part will be hindrance to M:BGs growth as the community as a whole sucks. Even you are part of that know-it-all elitist group of forum posters, hence why you were attempting to speak for me. So you can pretend that you are better somehow, or know more than others, but the fact remains that you don't.

As for the cRPG fixes, im not talking about balancing. Literally is there engine work going on? I saw a new polearm animation created. Im sorry but changing values in a database to 'balance' items I can't really see being difficult. I'm talking about this team handed off their baby to a select few people, who then proceeded to run it into the ground. Shitty deliveries are unexcusable. Bugs that come up are expected, but to not even be able to launch a game without seeing a billion errors literally says they never even tested it once. And who picked these guys to be incharge of this stuff? The donkeys, so they are ultimately at fault.

The other reason is they plugged cRPG in their kickstarter for hype. I have a problem with out of one side of their mouths they are saying look at our past work, this is why M:BG will be great. And out of the other side of their mouth they say, this shitified mod isn't our problem deal with it. You can't have it both ways.
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2015, 09:30:47 pm »
+1
look at our past work, this is why M:BG will be great.

key word: past

Offline kooktar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2015, 09:34:19 pm »
key word: past

Hah, well Dooz, if in their kickstarter they said the cRPG they were refering to was some ancient build when they gave a fuck, and the build that people would find if they google'd cRPG mod was to be disregarded, I would retract my statement.
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2015, 09:35:55 pm »
it doesn't matter

Offline kooktar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2015, 09:46:28 pm »
+1
it doesn't matter

Im sorry but it pretty much does matter. When you have something which you are comparing your new game to as 'the spiritual successor to cRPG mod' it matters what that thing is. Potential new investor watches video. 'Wow so cool! Let me google this cRPG they reference.' Maybe even get the game to test it out and get face smashed with a ton of errors and broken gameplay. Animations/flags/team balancer. Then they are like is this what M:BG is gonna be like? Eugh.

Do you guys remember when the kickstarter launched cRPG mod got this sweet new cRPG/M:BG hybrid loading screen? Which was then quickly reverted back to the old loading screen? Wonder why they took their name off the first thing you see when you load the game up? Did it have anything to do with the state of the game? If it didn't matter why would they remove their M:BG plug from the cRPG launcher?

Oh thats right... it matters.

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ImSofaKingInKweddable
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2015, 09:51:24 pm »
+1
The problem with the new development team of cRPG is this: they want their "two cents" in the game.  This is slowly going from Armed Assault to Call of Duty. At this rate we're all going to be swinging around diamond swords and ride unicorns into battle.

Treat it like an old game, abandon it and leave it on good terms, for example: Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Don't hand it to people who just want to have their name stamped on the next patch.

Now lastly, I can finally slaughter Senni Ti

Define broken?

A stab that is terribly animated and most likely won't be improved.

Please do not reference that it was in books or part of training because the default is as well. (heavy influence from posta di falcone). Do a martial arts class. You will learn plenty of useless shit you will never use or are entirely situational.

Ironically however, both your stab and the default are situational techniques with low penetration power.

If we need a realistic stab with exceptional penetration power and flexibility as a technique. Convert it to the half sword animation which is actually animated VERY well.

From my point of view, any animation with clipping or weird unrealistic movements are broken.

Thank you for understanding. We all read it, revert it until you figure out what the hell you're doing.

There are other animations like this, and plenty of other cool stuff we can do with more animations.

Please don't, you're awful.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2015, 09:51:50 pm »
you misunderstand. you retracting or not your statement doesn't matter. your statements in general, don't matter. nobody that's going to or not going to buy mbg when the time comes is going to know what you said or why or who you even are. as far as mbg goes at the very least, you don't matter. whether or not you buy it, doesn't matter. whether or not you keep playing crpg? you guessed it.

Offline kooktar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2015, 10:00:54 pm »
you misunderstand. you retracting or not your statement doesn't matter. your statements in general, don't matter. nobody that's going to or not going to buy mbg when the time comes is going to know what you said or why or who you even are. as far as mbg goes at the very least, you don't matter. whether or not you buy it, doesn't matter. whether or not you keep playing crpg? you guessed it.

So if one key point in their pitch doesn't matter, then one could assume the rest of the points they make as to why M:BG will be a need to have game also do not matter. While I agree that you, others, this thread, this forum, this whatever, does not matter with respect to M:BGs success. I whole heartly disagree that it does not matter what the state of the game is.

They are basically saying, go download this game and play, see how awesome (or in this case not awesome) it is. This is what M:BG will be like, only way fucking better.

If they never plugged cRPG in their kickstarter this wouldn't even be an issue, but they did. And thus it does matter breh.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2015, 10:02:26 pm »
+1
The problem with the new development team of cRPG is this: they want their "two cents" in the game.  This is slowly going from Armed Assault to Call of Duty. At this rate we're all going to be swinging around diamond swords and ride unicorns into battle.

Treat it like an old game, abandon it and leave it on good terms, for example: Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Don't hand it to people who just want to have their name stamped on the next patch.

Now lastly, I can finally slaughter Senni Ti

A stab that is terribly animated and most likely won't be improved.

Please do not reference that it was in books or part of training because the default is as well. (heavy influence from posta di falcone). Do a martial arts class. You will learn plenty of useless shit you will never use or are entirely situational.

Ironically however, both your stab and the default are situational techniques with low penetration power.

If we need a realistic stab with exceptional penetration power and flexibility as a technique. Convert it to the half sword animation which is actually animated VERY well.

Thank you for understanding. We all read it, revert it until you figure out what the hell you're doing.

Please don't, you're awful.

Harsh, but truth.

Visuals should never come before balance/gameplay.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2015, 10:12:58 pm »
So if one key point in their pitch doesn't matter, then one could assume the rest of the points they make as to why M:BG will be a need to have game also do not matter. While I agree that you, others, this thread, this forum, this whatever, does not matter with respect to M:BGs success. I whole heartly disagree that it does not matter what the state of the game is.

They are basically saying, go download this game and play, see how awesome (or in this case not awesome) it is. This is what M:BG will be like, only way fucking better.

If they never plugged cRPG in their kickstarter this wouldn't even be an issue, but they did. And thus it does matter breh.

nah