Author Topic: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?  (Read 23869 times)

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
Re: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?
« Reply #270 on: April 23, 2015, 05:39:09 pm »
I donated to cRPG, even if I hadn't I would still reserve the right to point out entitled childlike whining from the usual suspects. cRPG=/= M:BG. How many times must this be written before it gets through the thick sorry excuse you call a brain? And I donated to cRPG, after hundreds of hours of playing it, I didn't pay for a product. The dev team could close down cRPG today and I wouldn't have a leg to stand on if I complained. Much less about lack of "maintenance" for an almost decade old mod for an outdated and dying game. I still got hundreds of hours more gameplay and fun out of it than most AAA mainstream games. In closing, Leshma dumb, as usual.

''almost decade old mod'' but Warband was only released 5 years ago!!!  How can the mod precede it by nearly 5 years???!!!???!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1213
  • Infamy: 757
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 23, 2015, 05:39:47 pm »
His ping is messing with his brain :mrgreen:

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #272 on: April 23, 2015, 05:47:02 pm »
Uh, for some reason I thought Warband had already been out a few years before cRPG was made, guess I was wrong. 5 years in software might as well be a decade anyways. Point is, it's old and outdated engine. Idiots like Leshma and Harpag can pretend there's some sort of outraged majority of players who quit because they're disgruntled with dev's decisions, but that's just them projecting their incredibly ridiculous butthurt. Games have a life cycle, Warband and cRPG are nearing their end, no ammount of pandering to these idiots is going to "fix" it. 

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #273 on: April 23, 2015, 08:27:10 pm »
+1
I assume that when something is old, it doesn't have to be shitty. Often old is refined. For me in games, playability is more important than highlighted bells and whistles. Problem?
And you, my supersmart mate, what exactly are you doing here? From what I know this is forum of dead mod of decade years old game... lol & QQS

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 23, 2015, 11:02:33 pm »
+2
I assume that when something is old, it doesn't have to be shitty. Often old is refined. For me in games, playability is more important than highlighted bells and whistles. Problem?
And you, my supersmart mate, what exactly are you doing here? From what I know this is forum of dead mod of decade years old game... lol & QQS

Cause I still enjoy playing it? Better reason to stick around than to whine incessantly about the state of a mod you've already played for thousands of hours (for free).

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2015, 11:51:22 pm »
Yes, cause we still enjoy playing it and better reason to stick around something good than around damaged mod with reason to whine incessantly about the state of a mod we already played for thousands of hours (for free or not, who the hell started talking about money facepalm). Pity that majority don't enjoy playing it anymore, it killing my motivation to be around.
I would like to note that new game is already technologically backward relative to the biggest titles of the big studios, and it's not a reason to make it shitty.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2015, 03:32:31 am »
Did you read the title of your own thread? You're acting as if you were a customer when you play cRPG. You're not.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 24, 2015, 08:22:12 pm »
+3
"outraged majority of players who quit because they're disgruntled with dev's decisions"

i cannot think of one single person, not one , that left the game out of sheer boredem, we have people constantly coming back wanting to play, HOPING its good again. they all say the same thing

"game is still shit \ gay, im out" and they leave again, only to come back next month hoping for a fix.

old and boring? NOPE. broken? YUP.

i mean i see soo many crpg players now coming to Native...which has always been viewed as EXTREMELY boring vs crpg...and yet there they are. still playing that old Mount and Blade game...not even close to bored of it yet, not even close.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #278 on: April 24, 2015, 09:51:28 pm »
"outraged majority of players who quit because they're disgruntled with dev's decisions"

i cannot think of one single person, not one , that left the game out of sheer boredem, we have people constantly coming back wanting to play, HOPING its good again. they all say the same thing

"game is still shit \ gay, im out" and they leave again, only to come back next month hoping for a fix.

old and boring? NOPE. broken? YUP.

i mean i see soo many crpg players now coming to Native...which has always been viewed as EXTREMELY boring vs crpg...and yet there they are. still playing that old Mount and Blade game...not even close to bored of it yet, not even close.

Unplayably broken, not even close. As usual you think you have the magic recipe for saving the mod, none else knows it.

The mod rests on such a fine thread of buffing one class, which will make more people play it, while another class dies out. There is no magic solution, people just get bored and come back whenever they feel like it.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2015, 11:02:30 am »
+1
Can someone explain me in details where and how CRPG is broken.
Tell me your story about that game breaking shit, about that unbalanced classes and all mod killing shit.
Explain me why peoples leave the mod because of that.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2015, 12:32:55 pm »
+3
Can someone explain me in details where and how CRPG is broken.
Tell me your story about that game breaking shit, about that unbalanced classes and all mod killing shit.
Explain me why peoples leave the mod because of that.

The quick and simple answer is that the warband engine simply wasn't created with builds much higher than level 30 in mind. With the old leveling system you only had a few of the long-time vets who were level 34+ while nowadays everyone and each of their multiaccounts has got characters running around with at least level 35 builds. Everyone swings faster, runs faster, and hits harder than this game ever intended. This provides for the worst hit detection seen to date. It was a longstanding issue with the netcode or something where you would occasionally see people swing through solid blocks*, hit at awkward angles, and yet now it is more rare to ever hop online and not once think "wait, wtf just happened?" That, coupled with people's continued issues with server lag/high ping which seems to also be more common than in the past.

The high level patch allowed for swing animations to be faster, and therefore jankier than ever before. It allowed for people to run around at faster speeds. Recent patches have also added hi-res textures (and maybe higher-poly meshes) for many items, which provides more of a strain on everyone's gpu, as well as the server itself, perhaps. None of this could have possibly helped to lessen the server load. Coincidence that once we get all this new stuff, we also get server lag worse than ever before seen?

I still have a relatively good time whenever I play crpg, mostly when among friends and perhaps slightly intoxicated. Although I was never a "rager" type of player, even I can only put up with so much bullshit before I just get tired of playing a game. My playsessions have continually shortened in recent months, and I will often skip numerous days before playing again, hoping that the conditions are better, only to return disappointed.

*I'm not just talking about the different blocks that you might see client-side vs. server-side, but ones that everyone sees fail. All-too-often I will notice a swing go through my block, assume there was just some communication issue with my pc and the server, only to read in chat "You really got robbed on that one, Jona" or something similar. In the past it used to just be that you blocked up, your pc shows that, but everyone else on the server saw you block left. Okay, whatever, bad netcode/packet loss/etc. Now on top of that, you also have these instances where blocks simply fail for all.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:37:10 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2015, 06:41:17 pm »
+1
I was wondering who we can pester about patches now. Seems all the cRPG devs are gone :(

Please come back Tydeus and San! Or someone else can take their place? Auto team balance needs reverting
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2015, 08:24:41 pm »
+3
I was wondering who we can pester about patches now. Seems all the cRPG devs are gone :(

Please come back Tydeus and San! Or someone else can take their place? Auto team balance needs reverting

It's being worked on.  :mrgreen:
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2015, 09:43:18 pm »
+1
The quick and simple answer is that the warband engine simply wasn't created with builds much higher than level 30 in mind. With the old leveling system you only had a few of the long-time vets who were level 34+ while nowadays everyone and each of their multiaccounts has got characters running around with at least level 35 builds. Everyone swings faster, runs faster, and hits harder than this game ever intended. This provides for the worst hit detection seen to date. It was a longstanding issue with the netcode or something where you would occasionally see people swing through solid blocks*, hit at awkward angles, and yet now it is more rare to ever hop online and not once think "wait, wtf just happened?" That, coupled with people's continued issues with server lag/high ping which seems to also be more common than in the past.

The high level patch allowed for swing animations to be faster, and therefore jankier than ever before. It allowed for people to run around at faster speeds. Recent patches have also added hi-res textures (and maybe higher-poly meshes) for many items, which provides more of a strain on everyone's gpu, as well as the server itself, perhaps. None of this could have possibly helped to lessen the server load. Coincidence that once we get all this new stuff, we also get server lag worse than ever before seen?

I still have a relatively good time whenever I play crpg, mostly when among friends and perhaps slightly intoxicated. Although I was never a "rager" type of player, even I can only put up with so much bullshit before I just get tired of playing a game. My playsessions have continually shortened in recent months, and I will often skip numerous days before playing again, hoping that the conditions are better, only to return disappointed.

*I'm not just talking about the different blocks that you might see client-side vs. server-side, but ones that everyone sees fail. All-too-often I will notice a swing go through my block, assume there was just some communication issue with my pc and the server, only to read in chat "You really got robbed on that one, Jona" or something similar. In the past it used to just be that you blocked up, your pc shows that, but everyone else on the server saw you block left. Okay, whatever, bad netcode/packet loss/etc. Now on top of that, you also have these instances where blocks simply fail for all.

I remember the game having its wonky times before the high level patch just as much as after, not counting the current toaster overheating and servers being laggy as all hell.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2015, 10:08:28 pm »
+8
When people actual give their time to patch an old mod dieing of terminal cancer expecting nothing, they only get hatred and insults in return, a complete shitstorm. But when they stop giving a fuck anymore, people  wish they'd come back.

Top notch autism, dear community, spot on.