Author Topic: "English bill" build  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Bromagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
"English bill" build
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:20:46 pm »
Has anyone ever specialized in using a weapon such as the English bill that only stabs and hits from above? Very interested in a build since i usually always carry a pike for horses but also love stabbing people with it and hit them in the head ... hitting people in the head with a long stick felt right since my first stick fight in the sandbox..  :mrgreen:

-Brogg
"A pint of ale will make your nipples stale"- Brogg

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: "English bill" build
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:46:46 pm »
Its a great support weapon. I don't use it myself, but I've had players use it on me. Its a bit on the expensive side for its worth in my opinion, but you can definitely use it for great effect.

Just don't get caught solo with it!
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 12:05:43 am »
I made a Swiss Halbent build once. I think it was 15/21.
Anyway you just need as much agi as you can have, Maybe something like this:
(click to show/hide)

But I still think the swiss would be better, because it requires less str and then you can have more agi:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 12:28:40 am »
(click to show/hide)
I have exactly this build since 2 gen and I keep same.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I use mainly Balanced Glaive (91, 90 native spr)/Long Spear (81 spr) and sometimes Pike (68 spr) in plain map and Long Maul (70 spr) in street/siege

My previous gen2 : 1.2 K/D ratio (before patch 0.23x :wink:)

You need mainly to take 7 WM, 6 is not enough to use English Bill, 89 spr and without swing !

Offline 7000bc

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Vae Victus, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Roma
  • Game nicks: Varros
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 12:30:33 am »
ask beeper
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:35:49 am »
Strength: 27
Agility: 12
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 6
Power Strike: 9
Athletics: 4
Weapon Master: 4
Polearm: 139

Primary Weapon: Long Spear

its something similar and im doing fine for support...hard hitting and even in duel you can doing fine when you fight the average crpg 2hspammer :D
but dont go against 2 or more people on your own...

i would they use the swiss halberd this thing is superb..one of my clanmates have used it as primary weapon a long time and with only 15 str...this thing will be a big suprised for shielders too :D

i say the best advantage you get from these only stab/overhead weapons is that most spammers understimate you! when they dance around you prepare a overhead turn around hit him and after that a stab, with the stun you can overhead+stab again or kick him and stab...

try it a pikeman(or halberd, bill, etc. -man/-woman) is funnier to play than a normal 2h/pole spammer!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 12:39:07 am »
You need mainly to take 7 WM, 6 is not enough to use English Bill, 89 spr and without swing !

I'm going to disagree here. The difference between 163 and 155 in melee isn't much. You would probably do better with those points in IF. You might even be able to get away with 5 WM and have 5 IF
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 12:50:03 am »
My build is purely support build. I use the swiss halberd now and before I used pike (long spear). My build is 15 str and 30 agi. This was at lvl32. It was 5PS, 10ATH, 2WM. Main reason for the build is that you need the 10ATH for positioning yourself. Especially when following cav you need to move from one place to another really fast. You can provide zero support if you're not there to begin with. Fighting with 2-direction only weapons is bit tricky. Lots and lots of backpedalling and feinting. For english bill you need 16str thought so maybe 18/27.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Argos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: QuarkTheThird, ArgosTheSmelly, Bonk, GormTheSteady, Siro
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 12:52:52 am »
It functions like a military fork, in that it can't be swung side to side? Would be nice if that was written on the item. :p

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 01:10:28 am »
+1
Uumdi Does 27/12 and he does absurdly well with his. High damage so why not amplify that into a 1hitting machine?

18/21 is good though. It does good damage so the athletics is nice for positioning. if you have good teamwork with clan mates, you need less athletics to use it correctly since they won't run away from you. But public play makes athletics nicer.
I'd probably go 18/21 for you.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:11:41 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 01:11:48 am »
Even with clanmates when the shit hits the fan you might spot a friend who is being attacked 2vs.1 or worse. That's when the speed really comes in handy.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 02:21:16 am »
Has anyone ever specialized in using a weapon such as the English bill that only stabs and hits from above? Very interested in a build since i usually always carry a pike for horses but also love stabbing people with it and hit them in the head ... hitting people in the head with a long stick felt right since my first stick fight in the sandbox..  :mrgreen:

-Brogg
I actually undertand you. My favourite kills are those made with a pike in the head, but not a thrust but a long swing. seeing the edge of the pike/long spear, hitting the bastard in the head is priceless... btw im 1h but ive done that killing many many times.. XD
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Bromagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 01:27:34 pm »
I think I will try out both athletic and strength builds since I still have 8 weeks vacation.. thanks a lot for the help guys =)

Soon to be Billman,
-Brogg
"A pint of ale will make your nipples stale"- Brogg

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 02:48:06 pm »
If you are going to use a long weapon with only 2 attack directions ,more athletics = more footwork = more survival.English bill deals really good damage (Especially if you land your overhead swing on to your opponents head !) but on the other hand swiss halberd breaks shields !) Try both,use em as you like.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 04:25:34 pm »

-Brogg

i used it on a old build.. i loved the damage and reach but is not a so good 1vs1 weapon because is slow and have only overhead and thrust. but in a support situation, is really a good choice. is not worth any retirements imo tho.

EDIT:

the piercing overhead damage is really WAY better than swiss halberd overhead slash damage.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:26:43 pm by Corrado_Decimo »