Poll

Budget?

No budget
9 (45%)
NTC assigned budget
4 (20%)
Budget agreed before hand by the two clans.(Third party will be witness and ensure both clans follow it)
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: April 10, 2011, 09:12:12 pm

Author Topic: NA Tourny Poll 3  (Read 1920 times)

Offline joshko

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Tsar Joshko
NA Tourny Poll 3
« on: April 09, 2011, 09:12:12 pm »
Poll 3 VOTE!
Hu?

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
Re: NA Tourny Poll 3
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:14:59 pm »
How about we don't worry who has more money?

This tournament obviously will be going on for some time. If we play the tournaments on cRPG servers, you, in essence, have two choices:

1) Stay at level 30 to ensure you're not at a disadvantage, therefore being forced to not retire and advance your character.
2) Retire and advance your character but run the risk of being forced to play in a competitive tournament at a disadvantage due to not being level 30.

This doesn't seem to make much sense or be very fair if you guys want a tournament that's actually going to be somewhat competitive. I offer up the BkS_Central server to be used for this tournament -- Yes, it's Native, but Native is simply cRPG without being forced into one role. The only real difference is firing speed of range and being able to switch classes easily, and then everyone is free from having to stick at level 30 for the remainder of the tournament. A lot of people will say "whhaaaa nooo I don't play native," but I encourage you guys to remember that cRPG IS native, just with extra items and character customization. A tournament is for gameplay purposes, and seeing which clan is superior -- let's have the only variables to determine the results be skill and tactics, not whether or not certain people are rich, heirloomed, willing to hamstring advancement, have the correct number of ranged/inf/cav (preset limitations, unable to adjust on-the-fly) etc etc.

It's a lot easier, cleaner and more efficient. Play cRPG, have fun, level up freely, don't have to worry about budgets etc etc and when it's time for your scrim you can just go and play the game without having to worry about all these extraneous factors that are not only a large pain to "balance", but could easily end up in giving large advantages to certain groups. Let's compete fairly.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:21:36 pm by Rhade »

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:18:39 pm »
Other.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:11:38 pm »
Rhade...if you want to recruit people for native tournaments, I suggest you try the native forums.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:20:06 pm »
The guy sacrificing athletic to have more wpf or more power strike , against the guy who is sacrificing power for speed , on a "native" server IS different than cRPG...

I'd say no budget , fearing for Black Armor ATS vs Lance Throwers vs Peasants ..

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 11:58:04 pm »
Any budget inherently biases certain kinds of clans/builds.  I'd prefer to have non-budget restrictions or team captains agreeing on things ahead of time.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 03:47:27 am »
Rhade...if you want to recruit people for native tournaments, I suggest you try the native forums.

I was just under the impression that people may want to prove who's the most skilled, not who's the fattest nerd in the basement with the best lewts.

My mistake.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 03:55:26 am »
I was just under the impression that people may want to prove who's the most skilled, not who's the fattest nerd in the basement with the best lewts.

My mistake.

We are here because we like playing Crpg. I understand that you want to prove without a doubt that you are the best, but nobody gives a damn. It's pretty obvious that if BKS does compete and lose, it will be because they are not fat or nerds, but fit outgoing party guys who just do this for one hour a day.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 03:55:59 am »

Psht. It takes more skill to play with handicaps, last I checked.

Anyway, without a budget, it does threaten ridiculous fights. I'm personally a fan of the Fallen Tournament setup.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 04:33:02 pm »
Why not do No Budget, BUT

Ban certain items like throwing lances and black armor and stuff along those lines
Just a soldier

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 04:35:39 pm »
I'm personally a fan of the Fallen Tournament setup.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 04:44:19 pm »
This doesn't concern me cause I'm not NA, but native clan tournaments are more about pew pew than anything. The biggest difference imo between native and cRPG in a competitive setting (nonwithstanding the fat nerd in basement grinding clause, as pointed out) is the speed/accuracy of ranged. Bows and xbows have ridiculous fast reload time and accuracy.

Oh I just reread Rhade's comment and he does point out the diff in ranged speed, but not accuracy. In any case it changes the game a lot, and he seems to just gloss over it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:47:03 pm by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 02:21:02 am »
This doesn't concern me cause I'm not NA, but native clan tournaments are more about pew pew than anything. The biggest difference imo between native and cRPG in a competitive setting (nonwithstanding the fat nerd in basement grinding clause, as pointed out) is the speed/accuracy of ranged. Bows and xbows have ridiculous fast reload time and accuracy.

Oh I just reread Rhade's comment and he does point out the diff in ranged speed, but not accuracy. In any case it changes the game a lot, and he seems to just gloss over it.

Im playing in the Nation's Cup tournament and winning an NA tournament currently, and my clan has never, ever in it's history lost a single scrim. I think it's fair to say that I understand the differences between the two modes, and I'd say the fact that range is a bit more buffed is much more agreeable than all the other things I've been listing out in multiple threads that would plague a cRPG. On top of that, if someone gets too many archers you can simply get more cav, something a cRPG tournament will not let you do, as you're forced to play your character's build no matter what. It's silly.

The NA tournament I'm in has a cRPG team and they seem to be doing just fine, but they're pretty skilled and don't rely on gear so it makes sense why they have no problem playing in a fair setting.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:22:12 am by Rhade »

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 03:36:52 am »
Im playing in the Nation's Cup tournament and winning an NA tournament currently, and my clan has never, ever in it's history lost a single scrim. I think it's fair to say that I understand the differences between the two modes, and I'd say the fact that range is a bit more buffed is much more agreeable than all the other things I've been listing out in multiple threads that would plague a cRPG. On top of that, if someone gets too many archers you can simply get more cav, something a cRPG tournament will not let you do, as you're forced to play your character's build no matter what. It's silly.

The NA tournament I'm in has a cRPG team and they seem to be doing just fine, but they're pretty skilled and don't rely on gear so it makes sense why they have no problem playing in a fair setting.

Rhade, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are native tournaments, right? I believe you mentioned being in one right now?

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 04:18:04 am »

As someone who played Native for quite a bit before coming to crpg, I see what you're saying, but personally, That's what I like about CRPG. The fact that You pretty much choose what your character's strengths are, rather than have the game choose them for you by assigning classes. I also think it's cool that clans as such can choose which dynamics they can specialize in and can adjust accordingly or take it from there. I mean, look at how BRD and the Cavaliers work. If you don't bring a well rounded group of players to a fight in a CRPG tourny,then it's on you (the same can be said for someone who levels up right before a tourny, as ample notice is given in advance to prepare) and i'm perfectly fine with that. I personally like the challenge of fighting a person who is more experienced than I have and as such, has earned better equipment, even though there are certain guys in the community that i'm sure I could crush were this under native rules. Native is a bit more balanced when it comes to gear and attack speed  and I don't think anyone would argue against that, I also think a  player that started in Native in general translates over to CRPG better to than someone who starts in CRPG and translates to Native. All that said, A CRPG tournament in a native server is just a native tournament with CRPG players in it, and we already have plenty of native tournies(i'm pretty sure a good number of CHAOS players are active native tournament players in addition to being CRPG players.) When it comes right down to it, I Would personally be fine with the tournies being done in either format, but then again, my ranged playstyle isn't really negatively effected in either mod.

A bit TL;DR, but yeah.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:30:19 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.