Author Topic: Game-play and General Mod Improvements  (Read 471 times)

Offline FallenHeart

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • GF!
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
  • Game nicks: FallenHeart
Game-play and General Mod Improvements
« on: August 11, 2013, 05:00:19 am »
Development Team chadz,
Originally posted in another section of forum as reply before I realized the date on the Topic was older. That being said, it is a good idea to take care of your audience but if you do not expand you will never achieve anything better than what we are playing currently; however I would like to say, thank you for what you have done so far, and we look forward to future improvements.

1. Problem : A fully realized Stategus/Crpg joined experience. You are sitting on a gold mine sir. I say this being one of the many ready to give you my money for the experience I believe you can provide. The level of persistence current in the mod is passable, but in the end the battles are meaningless. Scrap the current Strategus. I hear too often players stating how pointless and horrible Strategus is . I can confess I have only recently attempted to use it because the interface lends nothing to desire playing that aspect. Answer: World Map with Controllable Territories, this can be hex based or territory lines, think PlanetSide 2. These territories would be determined by battle superiority much like current Strategus but on rotating 24 hour schedules. Clans would be the controlling entities, Clans with the highest member count on the Siege/Battle map would determine Territory control, alliances or mercenary entities could be given Gold/Xp per Map "Tile" Taken. Obviously Garrisoning would need to take place here to make for a minimum amount of players controlled attackers to be able to initiate and contest the "tile". Siege/Battle would be determined by "Tile" type Siege for an important structure "tile" etc.   What would winning do for the members of said clan? This takes us to #2.

2. Problem : Experience/Gold Gain : The current system was a fantastic change for the mod, the old XP boxes were insanity :P As much as I loved running to the center of the arena map and soaking up kills from other players it was unrewarding to say the least. Now that we have evolved in our play styles and gotten better due to the Match based System, it can be said that losing the bonus due to no direct fault of your own can be extremely frustrating or being a weirdo like me I do not like feeling rewarded for doing nothing when those 5 ladies or gentleman at the top carry the whole team map after map. Answers : There would be 2 "Multipliers" if you will . A : I do not believe the match based system is a bad one for the one off fights and day to day, keep it if another way is too complicated to implement. B : That clan tag is no longer just a _Word next to your name. See #1. Those "Tiles" you helped take? Well enjoy your clan/player based multiplier as well. Now we are not talking x1 or x5 mind you. We are talking X.10-.25 per tile you assisted in taking, which of course will be cumulative. This would carry with you to any battle you are in even post lost matches. You would lose this multiplier as your Clan loses said tiles and structures. The Mercenaries and Alliances members would get a one time pop of Gold and XP per "Tile" they helped take. Overall you would see an increase in Clan/Player interaction giving meaning to action and structure to your community.

3. Problem : Narrow "Classes" and "Play Styles" : The development team has done an amazing job balancing the game over time, this considering I am sure your limited time and resources (At the moment. GOLD MINE.). The real issue is the only persistence we have (Your edge over "Competition") are the stats and weapon choices. Weapon choices I would say is Fairly fantastic. Statistics and Character Builds to use these weapons.. not so much. Part 1 : You have  1 of 3 options, the minor tweaks outside of this are meaningless and for those that have been playing many years. A. STR Build. B. AGIL Build. C. Hybrid. This has served well in the past as a young mod. Today it is safe to say adding another statistic or two would be greatly beneficial. Even one statistic such as Stamina adds the Rock/Paper/Scissors effect so many profitable and popular games utilize. Stamina could be utilized as a balancing factor for your game play as well, cries over spamming.. solved. Not enough endurance to swing that 15 lbs. Long sword around? Add more Stamina. Thrower/Archery Spam - Want to sustain your level of fire rate? Add more Stamina. Part 2 : Dual Wielding 1-Hand weapons. I do not know the limitations of M&B Coding wise, however I believe DW would be an amazing addition to this mod. With so many ways this could be implemented I will outline just one Idea : Right and Left Weapons, Right and Left Mouse. No blocking possible but Chamber blocking (Parry) should be possible by Attacking Left or Right only VS. Appropriate incoming attack. Counter attack with the other unused attack possible post Chamber. Being so labor intensive I do not intend to actually see this but I wanted to add my 50 cents.

4. Other Items for consideration : A. Consider some small perks for donating. We do not want to see Pay to Win of course. But you deserve reward for your effort as well. Aesthetics are an easy place to start. B. Easy way to balance Cavalry besides the repair cost (No one likes feeding their damn horses) : %based destruction chance on impact for lances/spears etc. Shields take damage from impact, why not lances which in reality broke on first impact. Heir-looming lowers that chance obviously or hits to lower mass targets such as heads/arms. C. Shield bashing (Would require endurance obviously) Having training with period weaponry (Yea I am a nerd what?) Shields are heavy... but they were also a weapon in their own right, we do not see this represented in the mod to date. Nudge was a nice addition but Shield bashing would be a realistic way of adding much needed freshness to the game play. D. Better Usernames and Chat compliance. As of late the a large portion of the community has de-evolved into grade school humor at best and and downright offensive/bigoted at worst. Though you have admins on your servers. The usual response is: "Do not get offended you'll be better off." I know they do their best to police and stay neutral but at the same time, I believe the ties they hold to the community keeps them from wanting to appear "School-marm" like. I bring this up for one reason : Your community can make or break your success for a game/mod. I honestly see you/this being picked up by Tale-worlds someday with the right direction. Your community will stifle that by running off or just simply offending any new comers. Do what you will with this one. :) E. Come play some Crpg with us when you get the time :) I would love the chance to lock swords with chadz or anyone on the Development team.

Thank you for the time it took to read this, and thank you for CRPG,

FallenHeart

http://steamcommunity.com/id/FallenHeart
- FallenHeart -

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
Re: Game-play and General Mod Improvements
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 05:51:34 am »
Tl;dr

Gf scrub

:lol:
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 06:18:35 am »
3. Problem : Narrow "Classes" and "Play Styles" : The development team has done an amazing job balancing the game over time, this considering I am sure your limited time and resources (At the moment. GOLD MINE.). The real issue is the only persistence we have (Your edge over "Competition") are the stats and weapon choices. Weapon choices I would say is Fairly fantastic. Statistics and Character Builds to use these weapons.. not so much. Part 1 : You have  1 of 3 options, the minor tweaks outside of this are meaningless and for those that have been playing many years. A. STR Build. B. AGIL Build. C. Hybrid. This has served well in the past as a young mod. Today it is safe to say adding another statistic or two would be greatly beneficial. Even one statistic such as Stamina adds the Rock/Paper/Scissors effect so many profitable and popular games utilize. Stamina could be utilized as a balancing factor for your game play as well, cries over spamming.. solved. Not enough endurance to swing that 15 lbs. Long sword around? Add more Stamina. Thrower/Archery Spam - Want to sustain your level of fire rate? Add more Stamina. Part 2 : Dual Wielding 1-Hand weapons. I do not know the limitations of M&B Coding wise, however I believe DW would be an amazing addition to this mod. With so many ways this could be implemented I will outline just one Idea : Right and Left Weapons, Right and Left Mouse. No blocking possible but Chamber blocking (Parry) should be possible by Attacking Left or Right only VS. Appropriate incoming attack. Counter attack with the other unused attack possible post Chamber. Being so labor intensive I do not intend to actually see this but I wanted to add my 50 cents.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/FallenHeart

Good God, everything in this paragraph is shit. Stamina is among the most over-suggested ideas we see here and the community does not want it.The devs will not add it. Will it promote balance? Probably. Will it be annoying as fuck and piss everyone off? Definitely. A fifteen pound longsword? Where did you get that statistic? A sword of that size would weigh four pounds, if not less. Then dual-wielding? Let's just take the idea of an authentic medieval warfare game, throw it out the window, and jam-pack it with fantasy conceptualizations that never actually existed.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 08:58:45 am »
I think you're a bit out of the news.
Sorry to disappoint you, but noone is working on the mod right now, and your suggestions requires a huge amount of work.

Though you can click here http://meleegaming.com/ to see nothing but believe in development of the new awesome game.