Author Topic: I started playing M&B and cRPG 4 years ago - Looking back at the past and now  (Read 12625 times)

Offline Blade

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UltimaOnline
  • Game nicks: Blade_The_Berserk
  • IRC nick: StrengthAbusersAnonymous
Re: I started playing M&B and cRPG 4 years ago - Looking back at the past and now
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2014, 04:47:22 am »
I started in 2010 with no friends.
Well shit, I still have no friends.
I'm a socially awkward dude and that's okay.
Did I mention that I have connections with Satan? -Scratch that, don't let the news know about that one.-
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:50:30 am by Blade »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blade

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UltimaOnline
  • Game nicks: Blade_The_Berserk
  • IRC nick: StrengthAbusersAnonymous
Re: I started playing M&B and cRPG 4 years ago - Looking back at the past and now
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2014, 04:48:06 am »
i cried

Gave you an up vote to make you feel better    :oops:

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2014, 10:01:30 am »
+1
I died so fast back then and celebrated every kill

hm, maybe because I played with keyboard-block and keyboard-attack for the first year; blocking thrusts is superhard that way  :lol:

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2014, 10:06:34 am »
I started in 2010 with no friends.
Well shit, I still have no friends.
I'm a socially awkward dude and that's okay.
Did I mention that I have connections with Satan? -Scratch that, don't let the news now about that one.-

A life well lived, regret nothing.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2014, 11:42:19 pm »
+1
I still had another key, long time I didn’t play warband. But then I came back as female char, the great leader mao restored my looms... from all previous chars on that key, ofc. not that one that TurmoilTom has stolen. I joined The Grey faction in strategus, not crpg, because greys were alliances on 22nd in previous strategus rounds. But then I saw that I have to be their robot, I came back to rtest new strategus and not just stay in a town to give grey my troops... Lamhban recruited me for his faction, he told me that I to find together in strat than be harpags robots, so I left greys and joined his faction. At that time PTX lost everything on items in strat and stopped be active there but still had a fief. Lamhban didn’t organized anything, I was disappointed from him, because he was leader of mercs in 1st strategus, a very good player in the past (and hated because of the character), I thought he would organized our faction to make us strong, but such lazy fat ass do nothing mates like Lamhban and PTX you will hardly meet again, if you compare their skills in that strat with druzhina leaders skills. But anyways I had my village and to defend it I started recruit people from DTV (clanless players) to our faction and ofc for my village. I recruited some russian noob, she/he was good at DTV but had no skill vs human players. He hated Druzhina. I tshowed him/her how to play and trade in strategus, gave him trade routes, money. He helped me to recruit other DTV noobs. I teached them too, gave them trade routes. We recruited Grandmom, she hated UIF the most, always nerfed me with ideas how to go to war vs UIF, while on the side Lamhban and PTX didn’t do anything to prepare for a defence. Ofc. we had not a chance if UIF would attack us. I gave my russian friend money horses and trade goods to sell it and come back with money but the traitor decided to give my money to Lamhban (our general in other fief who didn’t do anything for the faction). The Russian traitor has just stolen days and weeks of work i put to organized the money (started with nothing) and people. Lamhban could defend one time his fief with my money, UIF/DRZ took my defenceless village. I saw it coming, and wanted be prepared for UIF attack, ofc I would not be able to win vs UIF in the long run, but I could contact Druzhina and STR /T for a deal, that they let my DTV Village live but for that I need to be able defend it. The Russian traitor destroyed all my plans. I thought about to join the mercs faction just to help them with troops and gold vs UIF but for that you need to sit in their TS, play with them, UIF wiped them I guess, I dunno I left crpg/strategus again.

So im more player who played crpg in periods to test it and then leave, not a big hero but on my crpg life you can see crpg bugs through the time

Btw before throwing and side sword nerf I had fun on siege server vs 2h heros like gtx (eu) or spookisland (na) with war darts and 1h no shield it was fun too.

Cheers =)

Wow, what a memory.
About that Olwen part in the end. People might not know why Olwen ended up like that. He was actually trying to mess with Mercs, we sold him a castle for troops and I knew that he didn't have enough gear for the castle. So I suggested him some of our extragear just for free so he has something to defend the castle with. We had a deal that he gives the 2nd part of troops a couple of days later but he started bragging with shit like UIF was going to help him to wipe our asses just when he asks so. I didn't like that and also the deadline for bringing us troops has passed so I just took army from my city and sent it to eliminate Olwen and his entire army. Well, he didn't even show up and lost more than 1k of tickets without a fight being afraid of facing defeat on the battlefield. After a while I gave my city to Gingerpussy and left crpg but as I know Mercs got wiped from the map by the UIF crowd later.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2014, 12:00:17 am »
But we were still here at the end, with a huge ammount of troops into Dhirim, our true home !

(click to show/hide)

Offline CptMike_TheBasque

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • To serve with Dignity, Honor & Respect
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: CptMikeDaVask bla bla bla
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2014, 11:31:41 am »
+1
Hey Bjord :)
You can now purchase Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest
http://store.steampowered.com/app/321300/
From an infamous egocentric kido since 2012 to a Honorable gentleman in 2018 :3

Offline Apostata

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_John_Applebottom
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2014, 12:17:50 pm »
Go back to death you bastard, like all of us.

#old my old friend

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2014, 01:02:08 pm »
Harpag's robot? No way, for sure it was fukin Hetman, not me. I'm nice guy  :)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2014, 04:11:46 pm »
Haven't read it.  At work, so too long to read now.  Hopefully will go back and read it.

But +1 for that Dylan video!  Damn, I love those early Dylan folk ballads!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2014, 12:48:15 pm »
Sheesh nostalgia.

My best single experience in cRPG will still be this tournament:
http://forum.melee.org/events/huge-multi-clan-team-tournament-schedule-tournament-completed/

Biggest and most organised battles I've played in.

Team 1: Fallen 20, SoA 15, Bandits 10, Guards 10, Nordmen 10, Inglorious 5, GK 5

Team 2: Risen 20, Wolves 15, Acre 15, Legio 10, Bashi 10, Wolper 5

Team 3: Pillagers 20, Kapikulu 15, Templars 10, Shogunate 10, Pecores 10, VRN 5, Ninjas 5

Team 4: Teutonic 20, 22nd 15, STR 15, HRE 10, Warpigs 5, Ruconquista 5, BIA 5

Some of those battles were pretty epic. Will never tire of those mass cavalry charges.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:40:44 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2014, 12:58:20 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Aaahhhh, we gave 'em some hell back than, when GK's knew how to ride their abusive horses, when SoA had a combined IQ of their members higher then the average November temperatures in Siberia, when Guards could still walk instead of limp due to bad knees & barrel-roll due to their glutton-bellies, when Northmen had Tor! instead of a dozen useless shield-throwers who couldn't hit a Hannibal's Elephant if it was stomping them and back when the Fallen actually had some spine. Good ol' days ! :twisted:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2014, 02:27:46 pm »

Only video I could find so far  :)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2014, 07:48:55 pm »
There are more archers in this video than archers playing the game in the current state.

:cry: