Poll

What do you think?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Economic problem, possible solution?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
Economic problem, possible solution?
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:27:03 am »
Hello just wondering if you think this will help solve the problem of our upkeep issues, and market heirloom inflation.

Make a player gold cap of 100k.

Small reduce to match earnings.

Severly reduce upkeep.

Maintain the current flat gold cost of items.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: Economic problem, possible solution?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:35:51 am »
I like it. It would bring gold back to the 2010 levels. Only problem is that it would favor those who already have equipment over those who are starting new
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 12:41:18 am »
I like it. It would bring gold back to the 2010 levels. Only problem is that it would favor those who already have equipment over those who are starting new
Unless a big wipe hapens the old money players will always have the advanage over ppl just starting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 520
  • Infamy: 1034
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:42:54 am »
Heirloom wipe and problem solved. Everyone would be able to use everything they like and there would be no my old friends who stockpiled gold and items over past year. But they won't do it. Free market is perfect, haven't you heard :D

We have a cap on lvl, why there is no cap on gold? Both serve the same purpose, to allow new players to compete against old based just on skill.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:46:41 am by Leshma »

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 12:46:18 am »

To an extent yes, but a player whom is used to using the full heirloomed gear while being on an armored horse (even though upkeep will be severly reduced), will be at risk of losing a much larger portion of income. Quite a few players have loads of cash, therefor the upkeep is nominal as there is not necesarilly a "spending cap". When the cap is brought to 100k, 8k repairs for all heirloomed equipment and an heirloomed warhorse would be an total of 8% of their entire wealth consumed. (whereas even 30k for repairs is still nothing in scale to millions) It would support more "well equipped" players, but most definately oppose "more then well equipped" players.

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 12:47:44 am »
reducing upkeep in a system that is flooded with gold and heirlooms is more like a bandage for a broken leg cure IMO.  I believe the point of upkeep was to create a playing field based on how well you are doing, allowing you to equip better gear.  It is game balance around money.  From my 2 weeks of playing here, I think, that it helps to make the game a little more fun and fair across the board.

However, I believe the issue here is the hand-me-down's.  You've got a lot of folks that are not beholden to the upkeep system and can simply laugh at it while they where their full plate bec and throwing spears every single round.  Reducing the upkeep allows us lowly folks to gain more money and compete on a higher level with the aristocrats BUT, just creates a game environment where a few months later we'll have a similar problem just with more people.

But while we're talking about gold you might as well reference exp.  ~2 weeks for level 31 and a loom point?  It's no wonder they are selling at newborn prices.

Upkeep should be tweaked on various items and optimized, agreed, Probably more import is the way that repair happens in this game.  Auto-repair rapes your gold supply and ought to be fixed first and foremost.  but upkeep does serve a function towards game balance, otherwise there might as well be a couple of each item category. (and well, in many cases it already feels like that).  Another problem with the money/exp/upkeep is that the market is a joke.  Gear is all <20,000, and the marketplace (looms) is for 200k+ items, and trading your friends for straw hats.

How you going to play that game?  Your going to get 31, and sell your soul for +1 damage or a few hundred thousand.  Seems like the game went from one end of the spectrum to the other. 

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 12:50:34 am »
This will never happen because this is unfair.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2903
  • Infamy: 2245
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 12:54:58 am »
Of course is fair. Many cried when lvls got capped, threatened they'll quit the mod, some even did that. But guess what, mod lives and it's better than before. We have to ask them to make it even better. Balance is the key.

In order to tweak it gold cap must be implemented and heirlooms must be wiped.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 01:36:54 am »
I dont think an heirloom wipe would be necessary for this. Heirlooms won't be the major problem (the change would not affect them at all,) its people with all the ideal gear already.

I'm one of said players. This system might favor people like me already. Almost all of my characters have their Churbergs/Gothic plate with bevor/Black armor/desterier, arabian horses, etc and there is not much left to grind for. In 2010, it was MUCH harder to get a set of full plate. Now, its easy to get, but hard to maintain.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1587
  • Infamy: 1684
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 02:02:47 am »
Heirloom wipe will happen. Maybe not now or in very near future but once they connect Strategus and regular c-rpg battles (which I think is their goal) then there will be wipe. So it's just a matter of time.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 03:14:32 am »
Of course is fair. Many cried when lvls got capped, threatened they'll quit the mod, some even did that. But guess what, mod lives and it's better than before. We have to ask them to make it even better. Balance is the key.

In order to tweak it gold cap must be implemented and heirlooms must be wiped.

Yeah, it's totally fair for everybody who's put more effort into the game as everybody else to have everything they've obtained be taken away. Equality by everybody having the same thing regardless of work put in! Sorry, I'm probly biased cause I'm capitalist instead of communist

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 03:38:57 am »
Upkeep's fine. With 65k gear I can still make money.. and I basically wear plate, so yeah.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 04:03:05 am »
Upkeep's fine. With 65k gear I can still make money.. and I basically wear plate, so yeah.

x5 gets you 250 per round, your total costs for all equipment breaking is 3250. I think you are lying, unless you live in x5 world. I would say within 7 rounds all of my equipment has broken atleast once by then, if you have x5 THE ENTIRE TIME you can almost break even with a 3250 cost.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 04:08:18 am »
x5 gets you 250 per round, your total costs for all equipment breaking is 3250. I think you are lying, unless you live in x5 world. I would say within 7 rounds all of my equipment has broken atleast once by then, if you have x5 THE ENTIRE TIME you can almost break even with a 3250 cost.

your math is flawed. keep in mind that breaking chance is lower when winning.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 04:11:00 am »
It's not necessarily that his math is flawed. It's more likely that he's counting heirloomed prices instead of basic prices. Heirlooms may claim to cost more, but price wise, they work in the same fashion as their non-heirloomed counterparts