Characters should be restricted to STF only for Tournaments
91 (17.6%)
All characters should be able to participate
78 (15.1%)
No heirlooms should be allowed
85 (16.5%)
Only SOME heirlooms should be allowed
7 (1.4%)
Only SOME equipment should be allowed(regardless of loom level)
33 (6.4%)
All items should be allowed
66 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author Topic: Official NA & EU Events/Tournaments (This means unique rewards)  (Read 14227 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Official NA & EU Events/Tournaments (This means unique rewards)
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 11:18:51 pm »
Oh, as for team balancing...I think it's common sense not to allow 100% of the team be horse archers or whatever  :mrgreen:
Why not?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2014, 11:19:03 pm »
+3
All of that sounds great kafein, but it depends on whether or not we could even get 32 teams. Clearly we're not all in agreement over what restrictions, if any, there should be. 32 teams, one ruleset? Seems kind of hard to achieve, currently.

For this first tournament, I don't think we'll go with any heavy restrictions, and even if we make the decision to not have restrictions in the future, there's certainly room for occasional tournaments that are heavily restricted.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2014, 11:22:26 pm »
+1
Also, if you feel like I missed anything on the poll, feel free give suggestions while it's still early.
Change name to Tydouche in game and on the forums.

Oh and make the tourney for lvl 30 or lower without looms.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Knife

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fällen Brigäde
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2014, 11:34:08 pm »
+1
Why not?

Why's having all those participating horse archers bad idea...wait, it isn't!

Imagine, teams of 6(could be more, but arena ain't big enough, I think..) circling around, shooting at each other. Make it one team with crossbows, the other with bows and also make them use loomed donkeys to add some spice into it and make it a lot more fun to spectate! I would surely waste 10 minutes or more, depending how long it takes to hit. Y'know, that donkey ain't that large so the target is a bit too small to hit between those gaps, hehe.  :wink:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2014, 11:38:09 pm »
+5
Checking loomed weapons would be easy - heirloom package makes it easily visible. But you simply can't quick-check for armours, those should be w/o restrictions.
And since the grind is a huge part of crpg, it shouldn't be STF characters only or just make different tournaments: a STF-no_loom tournament and a full_crpg tournament.
Grinding up to high level and then not being able to use your main char is bound to frustrate.

For starters I wouldn't go with a full 5vs5 or even 8vs8. The more people the more exhausting it is to enforce/check the rules. Let's have a few test runs with 2v2 or 3v3 first, simply to see if the rules we have to agree on at some point make sense and are enforceable. The whole point of official events is a fixed rule set which can be checked and enforced, everyone plays by the same rules. Coming up with rules that simply don't work practically while being in an event may give bad impressions. That's why 2 or 3 test events make sense from my point of view.

And Nessaj said I should do 'dis:

Applying :

Character name: Ninja_Molly_the_Hooligan
Ban history: None, Nada, Niente, Nothing, Rien, Nix!
Why you're applying: Cooties said so :D
Your region(NA/EU/etc.):EU

Edit: Try to get in contact with Tuetensuppe. He already made a few nice event arenas. Maybe let them get looked over by those mapper gurus. Invisible balconies for the crowd/specs were kinda cool but not a must tho.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2014, 11:39:31 pm »
Best thing that could happen honestly. Will look foward if level 35 are allowed. Honestly, don't care about looms, just set a limit of 3 loomed items and that's it. Class restriction should apply like at the fallen tournament.

Offline Knife

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fällen Brigäde
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2014, 11:41:39 pm »
Oh, bad me...who uses the Native arena? That's so last century!  :lol:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2014, 11:42:06 pm »
Very cool, thanks for keeping the mod alive and trying to keep improve it. 

Really wish I could play more, I'd love to take part in any events or leagues for crpg :(  Guess I'll just have to sit on the sidelines and cheer.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2014, 11:46:03 pm »
+1
[...]Guess I'll just have to sit on the sidelines and cheer.
Why? If we get this thing running at a certain pace, there should be enough occasions for everyone to participate. We could have low population 2v2 tourneys, restricted to 8 teams, first one gets a slot, that are done in a timeframe of 3 hours. That would easily work on 1 evening.

Edit: just told Tuete to read the thread and he's bothering Tydeus with ideas now when he finds him on some ts :D Tuete for FUN EVENT MANAGER EU&NA!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:53:20 pm by Molly »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2014, 11:53:15 pm »
I would love to see tuetensuppe as event manager...

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2014, 11:53:47 pm »
+3
There is a very simple way to check for loomed items, but it requires a bit of tedious work. Seeing as the heirloom texture pack has different textures for each loom level, it should be possible to just put like a pink line on every loomed item and distribute this texture pack to referees for zero effort loom checking. Though of course the overlords could code more elegant solutions.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2014, 11:57:17 pm »
To get spectators involved and such, would it be possible to make betting kind of like betting on horse races? The only catch being "the house" doesn't walk away with money (unless the devs want another possible gold sink). What I mean is that we have a centralized betting system, it isn't something that players do between themselves, and also if 80% of players bet on Team 1 to win, then they make less money if Team 1 wins than those who bet on Team 2 do should Team 2 prevail. All about the odds and such. This would make it almost as fun to spectate as it would be to participate for those like Huseby (although I agree with Molly, there should be plenty of opportunities. If it is run anything like Panos' tourney you are given roughly half a week to a week to have your quick 10 minute match... and you set your own date/time.)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2014, 12:17:06 am »
If there is concern over one team being OP in terms of their levels (say 5 players level 33 or above), then place a maximum combined level cap for the team. For example, you have 5 players on each team and each team is allowed a combined total level of 155-165. This would encourage more thought being put into forming teams instead of just saying "who's got the highest levels?" because you can have a uber high level player or two, but you'll have to compensate with a lower level player.

Also, you could have the donkey head be like a boobie prize.
Other prizes could be current gear modified in interesting ways such as a red haired donkey that is a few speed points faster or throwing sickles.
Unique costume sets that fall under light, medium, and heavy categories (should be something believable, but maybe slightly out of the norm for cRPG. Enough so that we don't complain too much about it not being available to buy in store, but interesting enough that we want to win it. Maybe something based on movies or other media. Monty Python Holy Grail King Arthur comes to mind.)
(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2014, 12:17:16 am »
+2
For this first tournament, I don't think we'll go with any heavy restrictions, and even if we make the decision to not have restrictions in the future, there's certainly room for occasional tournaments that are heavily restricted.

I would love to see some very gear-restricted tournaments. Jousting is obvious, but you could do things like boxing/fisticuffs, some thrower variation of dodgeball, knife fights, target shooting, etc. Prove that you have the truest aim in all the land, and you get a title to let everyone know it. That would be fun.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2014, 12:26:07 am »
+1
To get spectators involved and such, would it be possible to make betting kind of like betting on horse races? The only catch being "the house" doesn't walk away with money (unless the devs want another possible gold sink). What I mean is that we have a centralized betting system, it isn't something that players do between themselves, and also if 80% of players bet on Team 1 to win, then they make less money if Team 1 wins than those who bet on Team 2 do should Team 2 prevail. All about the odds and such. This would make it almost as fun to spectate as it would be to participate for those like Huseby (although I agree with Molly, there should be plenty of opportunities. If it is run anything like Panos' tourney you are given roughly half a week to a week to have your quick 10 minute match... and you set your own date/time.)
Perhaps, yeah. It would be significantly more difficult than a raffle, of course, it also has the potential to be a lot more interesting and fun. I'm just not sure how we could set that up though. Perhaps just have the referee use the marketplace to take bets, idk. I don't think it's worth hoping for some in game betting system, because that would require communicating with the database, and that's not really something feasible atm. It's worth thinking about.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character