Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 158771 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #2745 on: June 27, 2016, 11:32:46 pm »
+2
so my take on what happens next season:

sansa and jon sex it down,  cersei and jamie get a boner for them cause incest is awesome so ofc orgy alliance.

daenarys spontaneously combusts, her burning corpse setting fire to her fleet.  the dragons therefore roaming free and doing what ever the fuck they want (starting off by eating those sandsnake bitches)

then the walkers breach the wall and shit gets interesting again.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 2482
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: June 27, 2016, 11:40:59 pm »
+3
Fuck Game of Thrones.

Bud Spencer died today :cry:

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #2747 on: June 27, 2016, 11:49:50 pm »
+2
Fuck Game of Thrones.

I know right : /
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: June 27, 2016, 11:59:54 pm »
+2
Fuck Game of Thrones.

(click to show/hide)
woops sry forgot I already posted this here.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:29:42 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #2749 on: June 28, 2016, 12:55:31 am »
Haha, all the complaints about the travel per time "paradoxes", oh well.
People assuming that every episode covers the same amount of time for every plot line is really funny.

Arya is suddenly teleporting across the map
Suddenly teleporting? How do you know how much time it took her to sail there? Like, really?

Wait, wait.. what? How is Varys with Daenerys on the ship? I'd speculate that he actually has legit teleport magic at his disposal if it weren't for every other character teleporting as well.
Hey, let me explain that to you, no problem. Varys sailed to Dorne and then sailed back to Dany. Then they all together sailed to Westeros. See now?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: June 28, 2016, 01:07:55 am »
"George R.R. Martin
Book Three: A Song of Ice and Fire
A NOTE ON CHRONOLOGY
A Song of Ice and Fire is told through the eyes of characters who are sometimes hundreds or even thousands of miles apart from one another. Some chapters cover a day, some only an hour; others might span a fortnight, a month, half a year. With such a structure, the narrative cannot be strictly sequential; sometimes important things are happening simultaneously, a thousand leagues apart.
In the case of the volume now in hand, the reader should realize that the opening chapters of A Storm of Swords do not follow the closing chapters of A Clash of Kings so much as overlap them. I open with a look at some of the things that were happening on the Fist of the First Men, at Riverrun, Harrenhal, and on the Trident while the Battle of the Blackwater was being fought at King’s Landing, and during its aftermath...
GEORGE R. R. MARTIN"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #2751 on: June 28, 2016, 01:14:55 am »
Haha, all the complaints about the travel per time "paradoxes", oh well.
People assuming that every episode covers the same amount of time for every plot line is really funny.
Suddenly teleporting? How do you know how much time it took her to sail there? Like, really?
Hey, let me explain that to you, no problem. Varys sailed to Dorne and then sailed back to Dany. Then they all together sailed to Westeros. See now?

Alright, let's look it over: Mr. Stealyosword's son or whatever has grew nothing since the third season. Cersei's hair hasn't grown an inch all season (I guess they can't really control her hair growth irl, but still) there's a lot of fucking things more that point to the exact same shit, but I can't think of them right now. Let's face it, it's fucked up, it's not part of the 'lore' or the 'show' or whatever, they just want to hurry the show up so they can move on to another project. So they decide to do a lot of stupid shit like Varys dropping in for one 'cool' scene where he can say Fire and Blood, then they want him for another scene so they don't actually give a fuck about how he got there. Stop defending it, it's stupid and could be done much better.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #2752 on: June 28, 2016, 01:33:09 am »
Wtf was that music in the beginning all about. For one moment i thought i'd be watching the pianist.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #2753 on: June 28, 2016, 01:37:10 am »
Let's face it, it's fucked up, it's not part of the 'lore' or the 'show' or whatever, they just want to hurry the show up so they can move on to another project. So they decide to do a lot of stupid shit like Varys dropping in for one 'cool' scene where he can say Fire and Blood, then they want him for another scene so they don't actually give a fuck about how he got there. Stop defending it, it's stupid and could be done much better.
No it's not, what's wrong with you?
Varys was shown in Dorne to let us know he's bargaining an alliance with Dorne and the Tyrells, he could've said absolutely nothing and the scene would still be valuable plot-wise. And do you really need a scene of Varys travelling all the way to Dorne and then another one showing him sailing back to actually know he travelled there?

Wtf was that music in the beginning all about. For one moment i thought i'd be watching the pianist.
IMO the music was fucking great and it added a lot to the scene.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2754 on: June 28, 2016, 01:52:20 am »
Cersei's hair hasn't grown an inch all season

Or maybe she get's her hair cut off-screen like every other character? Just because her hair used to be long doesn't mean she didn't decide to just keep it short for now. Of all the poor writing to complain about, quick travel times is just nit-picking. It's obvious that they want to wrap up the story as quickly as possible at this point, so they aren't showing people sitting on a boat for an entire episode if not two. It's quite silly that Varys goes from Essos to Dorne and back, only to sail back to Westeros all in one episode, but it doesn't mean he's magically teleporting. Is it sloppy writing? Maybe, if only because it all happens within an hour, but I think it is safe to say we can all use our imagination for a change and fill in the blanks. And here people are complaining about too much filler as-is... if they showed every character sitting on a horse or boat for multiple episodes in a row we'd need 10 more seasons instead of 1.5-2.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:56:12 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: June 28, 2016, 01:59:42 am »
+1

This epic piece:

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: June 28, 2016, 02:07:16 am »
Frey pie in the book is Lord Manderly serving it to all the lords during the siege of Winterfell. They recycled it to give Arya a bit more to do I guess.
Which he took his inspiration from " The Rat Cook" http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Rat_Cook 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:15:44 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #2757 on: June 28, 2016, 02:10:29 am »
No it's not, what's wrong with you?
Varys was shown in Dorne to let us know he's bargaining an alliance with Dorne and the Tyrells, he could've said absolutely nothing and the scene would still be valuable plot-wise. And do you really need a scene of Varys travelling all the way to Dorne and then another one showing him sailing back to actually know he travelled there?

What's wrong with me? Is it too much to ask for a show with a budget of a 100 million dollars to put some effort into the writing? The scene in Dorne was necessary, even if it was poorly written in my opinion. But they wanted a cool scene on a ship where Daenerys looked over the ocean with all her companions behind her. It was so necessary they just put him there. They didn't give a single fuck. Logically, why the fuck would he even return?

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #2758 on: June 28, 2016, 03:06:57 am »
+4
What's wrong with me? Is it too much to ask for a show with a budget of a 100 million dollars to put some effort into the writing? The scene in Dorne was necessary, even if it was poorly written in my opinion. But they wanted a cool scene on a ship where Daenerys looked over the ocean with all her companions behind her. It was so necessary they just put him there. They didn't give a single fuck. Logically, why the fuck would he even return?

He actually didn't ever leave the guy in Dorne was just a random bald brothel keeper

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: June 28, 2016, 03:33:52 am »
He actually didn't ever leave the guy in Dorne was just a random bald brothel keeper
who had a fire and blood fetish  :P
PENDULUM