Author Topic: C-Rpg Classic  (Read 14965 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: C-Rpg Classic
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2014, 07:02:34 pm »
+4

EDIT: I just launched cRPG for a few rounds, two people are on EU1. Guys? Mod is flourishing right g-guys?

I was playing earlier but one can only stand so many rounds with 5 krems on your team doing jack shit in spawn while the rest of your team gets stomped by barabe. Was around 30 players then.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2014, 07:59:17 pm »
+4
"YE SORRY WE CANT HAVE FUN GRAVOTH iii SORRY YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN HAVE FUN [N]EGRO"

actual possible quote from a krems member
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2014, 11:54:56 pm »
I was playing earlier but one can only stand so many rounds with 5 krems on your team doing jack shit in spawn while the rest of your team gets stomped by barabe. Was around 30 players then.

Sorry dude, barabe seems to be the clan with just little member problems :)

Also, it can already ruin the fun if you have 2 or 3 trolls in your team when the server is so low on players. In the "old great times" nobody cared for trolls, they become even more annoying now due to the higher percentage of them on public.
The question is the following: How can we organise events effectively?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:59:16 pm by Akronus97 »
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2015, 05:20:23 pm »
+3
Melee only is awful because both ranged and cavalry are required to deny movement and give a larger variety of classes a purpose, no doubt about that.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2015, 10:38:05 pm »
I personally stopped playing cRPG due to the low population and becuase too many skilled players stopped playing, making it a lot less interesting. No patch and no recent change made me leave the mod.

If you play native and you consistently want to face good players, your only options are IG battlegrounds and the ludus duel server as far as I know. Been playing there myself a tiny bit recently to satisfy my Warband needs. Still, not everyone playing there is a good player of course. You will enjoy your time there if you like a competitive playground, though I think most people who try their luck on IG GTXs after a few rounds

The reason native is alive and kicking is obviously beucase it's the default module for the game and the most balanced playground for veterans and newer players. There's also a lot more server options for new players who might not want to end every map at the bottom of the scoreboard. Native is basically a medieval counter part of Counter Strikes in a sense, and we all know how timeless CS is.

not to mention native has had a live and kicking competetive scene for donkey's years now .. something cRPG never had.

2 main reasons i stopped playing cRPG

1) Server is unplayably laggy - i play low armour agi builds, and even with the current lower playerbase, i am constantly seeing warping through people, animation cancelling, animations being speeded up, hits ghosting through people, all whilst i have a stable 25 ping. This lag made the entire experience unenjoyable.

2) Most of the good players left. It's no fun at all facing the same 5 good players on a server and repeatedly murdering the same 30 bad players. It was nicer when there were 20, 30 good players and 100 bad players.

3) (not a major reason but linked to 1 and 2) - I alt F4 every time rain comes on now ... it's no fun at all playing a 12/33 build with 8 weight armour, and when rain comes your class is completely nerfed into the ground, whilst some 33/12 tincan suffers no penalty because of it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:44:01 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2015, 10:47:40 pm »
I've stopped playing because everybody else has. Its not fun for me to play when there's only 20 people on a server and I believe this to be the same for most people.

So I have a suggestion, Vanguard was most active when we did a clan event. Which was basically, we just set a time for everybody to be on and we all played. Why not just do the same here but on a bigger scale. For example we set a time, like Sunday at 6 and try to get as many people as possible to turn up to eu 1. Tell all your clannies all your friends, people that have quit etc. I'm sure we could get at least 80 people for a few hours. You never know it might even re-ignite some peoples passion for the game, to play again on a full server.

Tell me what you think, could try and get devs to give some incentive for people to turn up, like double xp/gold or no upkeep etc. Anything to bring a bit of life back into the game.

Triple XP Sundays between 1400-2200CET

They could add "Legendary" items in that take about 10 loom points to make without making it play to win. Like a unique Katana with slightly different stats (some + some -) and a unique look. I know a lot of people used to play cRPG just to level up and retire, but there is no point to do that anymore when people already have tonnes of looms and the armoury. With the STF level at 35 (higher than retirement I believe) there is also a deterrent to retiring since the servers are filled with high level guys. Free respec every 7 days also reduces the need to level up alts when you're bored. There are good sides to high stf and free respecs, like balance and fun gameplay but it does take something from the mod at the same time imo. Maybe just adding the legendary items would be enough

i always thought that would be a good idea - 4th level loom adds no stat bonus, but your weapon gets a unique name -- "Corsair's Red Tassel Spear", etc etc. Would have been a good XP/Gold sink if they'd done it. Can honestly imagine a lot of people retiring just to name their weapons.

You don't need to counter shields with weapons because blocking in the first place shouldn't be the reason you died. Why do you need to break the shield? Why not simply outplay them, if they turtle behind their shield for a minute they're not even playing the game but rather being useless and they're making you useless. Shield is only bought for focusing on combat deeper by ignoring manual blocking, blocking arrows + panic blocks in emergency. That's why shields are better with better players, but still amazing for the newer ones. Either way, shield has never been a problem.

actually fully agreed with something shema said here, very well said :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:57:21 pm by Corsair831 »

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2015, 10:49:55 pm »
(accidental 3rd post, i dont know how to delete this sry)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1302
  • Infamy: 2287
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2015, 10:52:51 pm »
+1
As I previously said (and got massive amount of downvotes, per usual), they should implement new loom level and rebalance levels again so that higher levels than average become thing of the past. Everybody should be around the same level and people should retire their chars because that way things stay fresh and exciting.

Mod should again become about retiring, not reaching highest possible level.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2015, 10:59:21 pm »
As I previously said (and got massive amount of downvotes, per usual), they should implement new loom level and rebalance levels again so that higher levels than average become thing of the past. Everybody should be around the same level and people should retire their chars because that way things stay fresh and exciting.

Mod should again become about retiring, not reaching highest possible level.

at this point, the m0d is dead, no clever changes will bring it back to life. perhaps a new group of talented young coders will come along and mod a crpg 2 when bannerlord finally arrives (of course it would probably require the blessing of the donkey crew first)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2015, 11:21:35 pm »
at this point, the m0d is dead, no clever changes will bring it back to life. perhaps a new group of talented young coders will come along and mod a crpg 2 when bannerlord finally arrives (of course it would probably require the blessing of the donkey crew first)
Yeah, put your hopes on a hypothetical mod team to create a hypothetical mod for a multiplayer you literally know nothing about yet, instead of on the spiritual successor that is being developed by the cRPG team.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2015, 11:29:26 pm »
+7
Yeah, put your hopes on a hypothetical mod team to create a hypothetical mod for a multiplayer you literally know nothing about yet, instead of on the spiritual successor that is being developed by the cRPG team.

You're being defensive here. I don't have a lot of hope that, with their failed kickstarter, they will produce a particularly good game.
I think the mount and blade team, will produce a good game; their track record - i've liked mount and blade, and i've liked warband.
I think that a mod building upon (presumably) a good product (which hopefully bannerlord will be), will probably be more fun than a "spiritual successor".

Planetary Annihilation was a spiritual successor. Lord of the Rings War in the North was a spiritual successor. Elite: Dangerous, was a spiritual succesor. A lot of the time, spiritual succesors, are not as good as their original mods/games. A mod, however, is a lot easier to make than a game, and thus, a better chance of being good.

Although, of course I hope the spiritual successor game will be good.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1384
  • Infamy: 1843
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2015, 11:39:10 pm »
+1
of course it would probably require the blessing of the donkey crew first

Of course not, crpg stands for computer role playing game. They don't own an IP, only IP that matters here is Mount&Blade. Mods cannot be protected as intellectual property, not a single part of it. Anyone can take cRPG system and freely implement it as a mod for any game.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2015, 12:17:20 am »
Of course not, crpg stands for computer role playing game. They don't own an IP, only IP that matters here is Mount&Blade. Mods cannot be protected as intellectual property, not a single part of it. Anyone can take cRPG system and freely implement it as a mod for any game.

ok, well cool, if indeed there are any talented modders in the upcoming bannerlord community, i look forwards to patronising their mod with my playtime! :)

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2015, 04:44:58 am »
+3
I do miss old crpg, but I don't want it instead of current.

I've stopped playing as I have imminent exams, will probably resume crpg'n afterwords. (need/want to finish that bloody 2h stab)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2847
  • Infamy: 1395
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2015, 04:01:20 pm »
You're being defensive here. I don't have a lot of hope that, with their failed kickstarter, they will produce a particularly good game.

I think they are capable of making a good game, but don't think they'll finish it in reasonable time frame. When they finally release the game, many things could change on the market.