Author Topic: Agi the super skill  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Agi the super skill
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:20:28 am »
+11
So in the last 2 weeks i respeced about  10 times lost about 20 million of xp (maybe is even more than that) lost a couple of looms (more than that.Dont ask why) . And all of that to just figure out agi dmg vs str dmg.

So what i have realized is that agi is really the super skill.

1)With Agi you can hit harder.Yes you can espicially vs  low armor.  really doesnt make any sense .why someone that has 6 ps and 9 athl 9 wm will do more dmg from someone that has 13 ps vs 20 armor?

2)With Agi you can run faster.No athletics just Agi. I tried to create a build with 0 athletics and 30 agi.well i was running like i was having 7 athl! No sense at all the game is forcing me to run. i dint want to run that much i just wanted the wp. Well with agi you run more.

3)With Agi you gain more wp. Yes the more agi the more wp.No sense at all. So now you get wp bonus while you dont even have wm.So the more agi the better if you are goin for a hybrid build

4)Wth Agi you can ride the best horse.So now you run faster but not only that you ride faster. No sense at all. Not just ride faster but to have the best armored horse in the battlefield

5)With Agi you can have the best shield.Your shield breaking depends from how high your shield skill is which requires agi!! Sounds crazy ?well it is. The more agi you got the more difficult is for someone to break  your shield.

So with Agi you run faster ,(run faster=more dmg.Why ?well this is something called speed bonus).you have more wp which means that you can be proficient with more weapons you can ride the best armored horses and you can have the best shield that cant break because of your shield skill . You are a little God running or riding in the battlefield. The only bad thing about Agi is that it dosent give you health . Well thats what str is for.

So lets talk about Str.
1)With str you can have more health.how much? One point per level .so if an agi build has 18 str and a str build has 36 the difference is 18 health points . 18 health points is one hit from an agi build. An agi build can get easier that one hit (we can all understand why.).So the 18 points of health difference is not that much.is just one hit.

2)With Str you can have more health .Well the only real benefit of having a high Str build. Ironflesh!With Ironflesh you have more health as everybody that isnt a peasant knows. Which is huge. Well kind of huge .Because it dosent really matter if you are getting ganged .With an agi build you have a chance to escape because you can run away. With an Str build you just cant. You have to stand your ground and fight. So to be able to absorb 3 hits more becomes useless.Dont get me wrong Ironflesh is huge for a pure str build.Well is the only thing that really matters. Archers cant touch you. you just laugh at them. You cant hunt them. But you can scare them off.

So now lets talk what is happening if you dont have agility.
1)With no agi you have some problems. You get dmg penalty. Crazy?yes! you need agi so you wont get dmg penalty. anything  less from 100 wp you get dmg penalty.so an agi build can really do more damage now because it has more wp and a speed bonus. The str build has nothing of that.

2)With no agi its also harder to stop. eh...what? yes. because you cant run you cant stop.eh...what??Yes!you cant stop.You may think that the faster  you run the more difficult it would be to stop.Well thats not the case in Crpg. The faster you run the better you stop. If you dont run you cant stop.Crazy ? well it is.

So Agi is really the super skill.But after all those respecs i felt bad for having a high agi build with a katana. The peasants(newbies) had no chance at all. i could spam anyone to death hunt down archers and backstab the enemies like i am a ghost. 18/30 was my build. But as i said i felt bad. I guy start calling me names of how bad i was because i spam him to death.  The newbies tried to run away had no chance at all.They really dint even have a chance to block my swings (210 wp on 2h with katana insane). So i just kept this build for a 2 days or so. i felt guilt in my gut. What have i become?

So i respeced to a pure str build. Now people just ask me how much Ironeflesh i got. They cant really qq on me because the can outspam me (well they cant they just think they can) and they can gang me with ease. I can live with that. Its ok . I am just a walking tincan on the battlefield . I offer free hits.

Love and kisses to all

sorry for my English. I hope you can understand me
Ps:If they ever bring B back i will start repsecing again every 2 hours,something is wrong with me no joke

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
Re: Agi the super skill
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 07:56:53 am »
Agi always op
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:17:03 am »
+4
Tydeus is a man to blame.

Because it dosent really matter if you are getting ganged .With an agi build you have a chance to escape because you can run away. With an Str build you just cant. You have to stand your ground and fight.

This is where we hold them, this is where we fight, this is where they die !!! So I will stand and fight for fuck's sake  :!:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 10:59:08 am »
dude stop loosing xp!  use the free respecc for godssake!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 12:20:45 pm »
+2
dude stop loosing xp!  use the free respecc for godssake!

Even the free respec cant save me. I use the free respec then after 1 day i respec again.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 12:21:54 pm »
+3
STFs.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 12:36:45 pm »
+5
You felt bad for being so overpowered and went back to your old build. That is what sets players like you apart from abuse addicts, whores that can't enjoy shit without exploiting every little opportunity they get. Wish more people tried adding only a tiny pinch of dignity in their shit soup.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 01:03:12 pm »
why dont you use a stf.
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 01:23:18 pm »
why dont you use a stf.

I hate stf's

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 03:24:36 pm »
Welcome to the club, I ve been arguing for more than a year that AGI is OP compared to STR, because of the retarded speed bonus damage that the high agility builds receive.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 498
  • Infamy: 2953
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 04:25:06 pm »
Only way to deal with it is to revert levels back to old systems or this time, for real, raise the weapon reqs. Not by point or two, but by 6 or 9. It will kill agi builds but I won't be the one to mourn.

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 05:47:36 pm »
Only way to deal with it is to revert levels back to old systems or this time, for real, raise the weapon reqs. Not by point or two, but by 6 or 9. It will kill agi builds but I won't be the one to mourn.

Sounds nice but I doubt it'll happen since the mod is on its way out.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 08:36:32 pm »
So are you comparing a 18/30 build to a max strength build? Or are you comparing 18/30 to 30/18?

Also why dont you use a STF?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 05:43:26 am »
So are you comparing a 18/30 build to a max strength build? Or are you comparing 18/30 to 30/18?

Also why dont you use a STF?

i compare nothing just stating my experience

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 05:38:07 pm »
+1
i compare nothing just stating my experience

but your OP is implying that agi is stronger than STR, shouldnt you need to do comparisons to say that? ah nvm its in Chamber of Tears, i guess its not needed.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA