Poll

What do you think!?!?!?

Rainbow has the best ideas!!! Yay
6 (27.3%)
This idea sucks but I still love Rainbow!!!
5 (22.7%)
I like the concept; however, I would make a couple small changes.
9 (40.9%)
Rainbow.  :-)
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: The Game Changer  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The Game Changer
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:14:19 am »
Man I am full of ideas today.  How about something to shake everything up as we know it? 

Why are we limiting our minds to just two teams?  It is time to raise the bar ladies and gentlemen.  Three or Four teams all competing for fame!

I know what you are thinking.  What about the multipliers?  Last place gets reset to x1, then x1.25, then x1.5, then x2 for first place.  Obviously you guys can do the math and figure out if you are already x3, what would happen next.  Maybe we can throw a little monkey wrench in there stating if you are in the same place 3x in a row other then first place then you get reset back to x1.  This could be fun!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: The Game Changer
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 01:41:21 am »
problem with the x1.25 - x2 that doesn't make a lot of gold noir xp, this also doesn't help people who play strat since x2 (from what I last read) only gives 1 strat gold per a tick while a x5 can give 2 (or was it 3?)

Through if this was it own game mode sure go right ahead

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:48:09 am »
+1
problem with the x1.25 - x2 that doesn't make a lot of gold noir xp, this also doesn't help people who play strat since x2 (from what I last read) only gives 1 strat gold per a tick while a x5 can give 2 (or was it 3?)

Through if this was it own game mode sure go right ahead

Maybe first and second place get the next multiplier and the last 2 go back to 1.  The last 2 teams can team up and take one of the top two out of the equation fast .

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 03:55:47 am »
+2
If you can GAIN multi incrementally by going in 2nd place, and not face your entire multi resetting in 3rd, that's not a bad idea.

First place will gain a full multi like normal, obviously, and the 4th place LOSERS will face a full reset.

I DO like the idea of some multi team madness!!!
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 08:20:53 am »
I would rather see multiplier of that kind x1, x100, x1000...
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 12:17:54 pm »
+1
Multiplayer action games with more than two teams don't work... There's always teams that ally together, breaking the balance.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 12:20:15 pm »
I like this idea, as for alliances, i doubt they will hold.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 05:11:43 pm »
Multiplayer action games with more than two teams don't work... There's always teams that ally together, breaking the balance.

Tanarus had 4 teams, and it worked great. Of course they each had their own flag to guard, and their "ally" could easily backstab them and take it.

So it would need flags and bases that needed to be gaurded (especially from "allies")  :P

Of course the bases themselves had AI defense. So add some NPC Strength crutchers builds with shields inside them.

The game also didn't start until all 4 teams were full.

Bah, lots of coding  :(
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 07:21:34 pm »
If you can GAIN multi incrementally by going in 2nd place, and not face your entire multi resetting in 3rd, that's not a bad idea.

First place will gain a full multi like normal, obviously, and the 4th place LOSERS will face a full reset.

I DO like the idea of some multi team madness!!!

Would need a different game mode with specific maps.  Would be cool if it was kind of like Persistent World mod.  Make it so there's 4 starting points (not necessarily castles).

Hell just steal PWMod's idea and make a CRPG game version of PWMod (but less complexities to it, basically like the old version where you mine iron ore and chop down lumber which you can use to equip your castle's armory). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 07:27:35 pm »

Sadly this.  With 3 teams at least it will always be in the best interest of one team to gang up on another.  The "allied" teams will then always compete between 1st & 2nd place while the other one gets crushed.

I like the idea though.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 07:55:16 pm »
You could always add elements to winning teams like roaming guards that attack on sight.  Just make it very difficult to hold first place.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 10:02:08 pm »
I like this idea , but yea i was always one of those guys that conspires with one team:D
And also my clan Merciless could go into this gamemode with like Druzhina and then roll x5 al time.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 10:25:39 pm »
To prevent the teams working together, you could scramble team locations per round.  Obviously you would only see the banners of your team, and would have to guess based on the equipment people were wearing.  I.E. this is not like TFC where the classes are green or yellow or red.  :lol:

Also, have the places be based on some sort of score, rather than the Battle "last one alive wins" so that if two teams DO work together, there is still the chance that another team could get more points than they do.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 10:59:04 pm »
It would need a crazy balance system that just jumbled everything all to hell every round.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 11:04:46 pm »
I like this idea and suggest that discussion focus on team composition.  I suggest that team re-balance every round.  This frequent change would erode lasting team alliances, and maps would be 2-team rolled less.  This may require a weaker banner balance settings that we've got now but that's something for the Devs to work out.

Questions:  How should banner balance factor into 3-team games?  How would it affect my 're-balance' model?  Should 3-team maps be applied to Strategus?

EDIT: Additional suggestion:  Should NPC players be added to fill-out teams?  Perhaps there should be an NPC wild-card team when there are too few players on a map?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:07:25 pm by Diomedes »