Author Topic: Tennenoth's Worthless Archery Tutorial (Highly outdated)  (Read 8045 times)

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
Re: Tennenoth's Worthless Archery Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 10:18:51 pm »
I have to disagree with mostt of your stuff, sorry Tenne. But you guide is about numbers and calculations. Archery is about feeling cheating

Prolly needs a new update as well. With jumpshot removal, and bow changes my homing arrows.

PM me if you need any help. :P

Thats why jambi never misses :twisted:

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 10:22:39 pm »
Thats why jambi never misses :twisted:

Ooh noes ive been unfold!  :wink:
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 03:00:19 pm »
I have to disagree with mostt of your stuff, sorry Tenne. But you guide is about numbers and calculations. Archery is about feeling.

Prolly needs a new update as well. With jumpshot removal, and bow changes.

PM me if you need any help. :P

Firstly I would like to say that this is a Guide, that's fairly self explanatory and basically, not everyone will agree with what I am saying, I am merely trying to give out my experiences, some facts and figures to help the newer people in the community find a footing in archery.

"Archery is about feeling", I have to disagree, that's an opinion, there are people who prefer to work things out like myself, and those that just go for the "what feels right". Everyone plays differently, for example, I play with one stack of arrows and a reasonable melee weapon, if I remember correctly, you do not, you use two stacks and a hammer.
This guide follows through simple ways of dealing with scenarios, simple ways of trying to increase your life-span and some experienced views on the different equipment that's available. Simplifying things heavily in order to get people that foothold onto the archery ladder as it were.

Finally on the subject of the guide, it's based heavily on my level 30 build because that's what I know best. If the guide helps someone have a decent couple of rounds as an archer then it's hit the target, it's supposed to help people who are new to the class, not people who already know what they're doing. Of course, there are always people who are new and don't need help, Stulle was a prime example and still, despite his long absense, in my opinion, the best all round archer from his accuracy, adaptation, melee and even his general manner on the servers and forums. (Come back Stulle!)

I will state again, the guide is to help people find a good starting point off the back off an experienced player, i'm not the best archer by far and I don't want to be but I have built up enough experience that I would like to help others.

Yes, the guide needs an update but I haven't found too much time of late, my last coursework deadline for uni is the 2nd of December, so once that is over, I will be looking to finish some sections and to have it fully up-to-date, so don't worry about that one.

Thanks for the offer of help but as I have already said, these are my opinions, and as you dislike numbers and calculations I think we'd find it rather difficult to collaborate because i'd want to work out the reasoning behind your methods. Solid facts with evidence is how I work and I wouldn't be able to cope with "because it is" if you understand. I'd drive you mad.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 05:01:45 pm »
Hmm I think you could add to the 1h list both Iberian Mace and Military Pick for the obvious reasons.

cheerio!

Offline ibigfire

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Tennenoth's Worthless Archery Tutorial (Highly outdated)
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 10:53:36 am »
+1
I don't see a newer pure archery guide posted anywhere or else I'd go to that.  Which parts of this are outdated and should be ignored?

Offline Waricck

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 05:26:48 pm »
I don't see a newer pure archery guide posted anywhere or else I'd go to that.  Which parts of this are outdated and should be ignored?

I think some of the stats are off.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 03:26:09 am »
+2

For starters they've increased the weight limit (before you get wpf penalty) to 10.

Head x2 weight
Body x1 weight
Feet x1 weight
Gloves x4 weight

For you newbies I'd recommend the 18/21 build as Tenne posted, but instead of the 3 PS, put em into 3 IF and skip the melee WPF. Since you will probably suck ass melee anyway. Get a Rus Bow + Bodkin Arrows like everyone else and a 0-slot Hammer/Pickaxe/Hand Axe
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 01:59:28 am »
For starters they've increased the weight limit (before you get wpf penalty) to 10.

Head x2 weight
Body x1 weight
Feet x1 weight
Gloves x4 weight

For you newbies I'd recommend the 18/21 build as Tenne posted, but instead of the 3 PS, put em into 3 IF and skip the melee WPF. Since you will probably suck ass melee anyway. Get a Rus Bow + Bodkin Arrows like everyone else and a 0-slot Hammer/Pickaxe/Hand Axe

This man speaks the truth. Survivability for being hit and more arrows than the ability to melee back! :)

I do apologise for the state of this guide. I'll update it soon... (He says!) It certainly is fairly worthless at the moment! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are