Author Topic: Hack abooze  (Read 81678 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Hack abooze
« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2011, 07:35:31 pm »
I wasn't serious, obviously.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2011, 07:38:36 pm »
Paul = redneck in disguise

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2011, 07:55:47 pm »
DUN DUN DUNNNNN

I never guessed it!
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2011, 08:05:39 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2011, 08:18:58 pm »
I think most players like the American approach: roast the criminal on the electric chair(best with "forgetting" to wet the sponge) while the relatives of the victim watch. Too bad the majority of the cRPG devs are EU though.

Somebody has been watching too much of "The Green Mile" and assuming thats how modern americans are, just like watching how in England 100 years ago, public hangings were a festival event doesn't mean the modern English are barbaric creatons.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2011, 08:20:20 pm »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2011, 08:29:01 pm »
wtf??? i was tried to logging in and it was saying my character did net exist and kicked me((

The sad thing is, if you had used one less question mark, twenty people would've already posted "OMG LOL HAAHHA STUPID YOU ARE HACK!"
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2011, 08:38:01 pm »
Was that, at least, Texas approach? Or am I stereotyping the Great Free State of Texas?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:43:14 pm by Corwinus »
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2011, 08:42:15 pm »
That casual cRPG gaming girl from Texas will become pissed with all the bad things that have been said about Texas.

Mark my words! She will unleash her fury upon ye!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:12:10 pm by CountBerenger »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2011, 08:55:54 pm »
That casual cRPG gaming girl from Texas will all that have said about Texas offensive.

Mark my words! She will unleash her fury upon ye!

No she won't....Vicky is a country lady and Corwin is an outlaw.......you know what they say: ladies love outlaws.  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYTSwGNLPsE
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2011, 08:58:08 pm »
I'll tell you a short story.

Yo know the code of Hammurabi? It's considered one of  the firsts full legal text found in history (in tablets). It introduced (amongst many other things) one simple concept, it is the "Eye for an eye".

By today standards, "eye for an eye" is a barbaric idea. In fact it could be. It stated, for example, that someone who robbed something (p.e. grain and food to eat) must have his hands cut. But the thing is that the code of Hammurabi is revolutionary itself and indeed a really good legal test if we take circumstances ant timebeing into account. Why? Before it existed, the legimate owner of the grain could punish the robber in the way he wanted , which often ended in public judgement and public death. The code just established what they considered -at that time- fair punishement for concrete faults.

So the question is: are we punishing cheaters hard enough??? I mean, they're banned for life with their account (we cut their hands). Do we want them to have the "cheater flag" forever because they made an error (some of them probably just "tested" the cheat")? Do we want to KILL them, like it was done before the Code oF Hammurabi existed (and that was around 1700 a.C)

I don't support cheaters, in fact i haven´t tried a single one in my life (gaming since the beggining of the 90's), but I'd say cheaters have had their punishement. Some of them will buy another key and will continue playing. In my opinion, most of them won't cheat anymore (at least in this game), some of them are just assholes and will go on (and they will eventually get caught again). But to the first group, those who made an error and just want to go on playing without cheating and have taken responsibility on their actions (they paid with the ban), if would be really unfair to have that "Cheater Flag" forever in our little community.
This said, please dev's retain their ip's. If they ban for a second time, I would agree to make them public and thus receive hard mob punishement.

But please, do we want to be harder than "pre 1700 a.C" citizens?

1. Actually it's cutting their finger nails. They can grow a new tool for their crime any time by purchasing another really cheap copy.

2. They're banned anyway. So they won't suffer from the cheater flag. And the community has a right to know that this guy who owned them so many times did this by hacking.

3.If they buy a new copy they will probably use a new nickname. If they don't, it's a sign they try to improve, and that they learn out of their mistakes.

And I am pretty sure the anti hack program can see whether somebody uses a hack once on a duel server or over several days on a battle server. So a ban announcement could give the hint that it was a one time usage of a hack, and thus the ban shouldn't be permanent. I don't think the community will be too rude to him afterwards, especially as it's obvious he will be under surveillance.

Btw. "eye for an eye" isn't THAT barbaric. To me it sounds RELATIVELY fair. You know, if you do good things, you get rewarded accordingly. You go for work - you get your wage. You present a nice hand bag to your girl friend, and you get a blowjob.

Now what would be the adequate punishment for breaking someone's leg? The easiest and probably most obvious way to "reward" such a deed in exactly the same extent would be, to do the same to him. As you sow, so you shall reap. This counts for both good and bad things.

Of course there are a lot of other things to be taken into concern, so I don't really support the "eye for an eye" idea. Btw. "eye for an eye" in itself is no system for punishment/judgement, it's rather a simple rule ony for estimating the extent of the punishment.

Btw. I find you argumentation is simply wide-eyed.

By banning them you take away any further playing from them. But they already HAD a lot of fun they didn't deserve, by killing other players, owning them and feeling like being something "better" than they are. As they have acquired this illegaly, it needs to be taken away from them, again. And the only way to do this is to inform the other players, that the hacker actually was NOT better than them, and thus all the "glory" was false.

A good part of your - and especially of the hackers' - motivation of playing a multiplayer game is the good feeling of defeating someone and being better. This only works if the chances were equal or oven against you. (Except of hackers, who are willing to be happy about every win to compensate for their tiny little penises). This way players, who even managed once to kill the hacker can feel more proud of it, as soon as they get to know about the cheating. And the other way round, players who got killed by the hacker don't feel that bad any more, as they knew the fight wasn't even.

This way it's not only punishment for the hacker, but also care for the victims, which you appearantly totally forget. And in my eyes, this is far more than just "eye for an eye".
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:02:12 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2011, 09:10:49 pm »
I got banned for cheating :oops: Shogunates are great experts.

PS. Hardsteppa still thinks that i'm a cheater  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:14:43 pm by DaveUKR »

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2011, 09:19:45 pm »
This way it's not only punishment for the hacker, but also care for the victims, which you appearantly totally forget. And in my eyes, this is far more than just "eye for an eye".
The care for the victims is done. You have no way to repay damage done when talking about a videogame cheat (do you intend to make the banned cheaters pay a fine???). I forget the victims because there's no way to repay that, other than having a cheat-free game. If you want to know who cheated is not because of a repaying matter, but more likely just a revenge desire ... which is what pre-Hammurabi had (maybe not your case, but likely a lot people one).

By the way, eye for an eye is not a simple rule. It takes its name directly from a particular article in the Code of Hammurabbi. "If a man puts out the eye of a patrician, his eye shall be put out". The "eye for an eye" punishments were clearly defined, not thought upon a rule.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2011, 09:34:11 pm »
All I am saying this is the following thing:

- By killing someone with the help of a hack, you harm someone

- This - already happened - harm CAN be undone, at least partially, by telling the victim that it was defeated by a cheat, not by a really skilled player

- If I have to evaluate the positive and negative effects of a) protecting the hacker and b) telling the victim about the cheat, I prefer latter, for a LOT of good reasons. The only reason to keep the hacker names secretely contains a favour for those hackers. Which is highly perverted, in my eyes.

As I already said: either the game died for this hacker, so he doesn't care for his reputation any more, or he will buy a new key and keep on playing under a new name, with or (more likely) without hack.

Either way the reputation of his old nick is of no interest for the hacker. So the only remaining effect of publishing the names would be the positive feelings of the victims.

If I knew of any case where a (well known) player was banned for hacking without making it public, and he buys another key and keeps on playing under a new nickname and totally sucking in the game, and he reads only once in the forum "remember [inser hacker name]? He really owned the on the servers. Too bad he stopped playing." and the hacker things "Heh! Cool! They're talking about me! Yeah!" the entire punishment system has failed in my eyes, due to a lot of reasons!
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline CpTKiL

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2011, 09:56:49 pm »
Hello

I feel guilty about cheating in this game...What kind of cheat you say of course "auto block hack" I used it because of rumors and thought of people using same hacks and that when I began to used it. Now I'm happy that I'm banned from this game.Why? because to me this game is like addicted and like a devil grab and will never release me no matter what I do but now I'm free!!!. YES IM FREE. Now I can focus on studying the tests, education, enjoy the outside life and nature. I'm very happy that I'm dumb enough to use the "auto block hack". I want to say sorry to all of those victim that I killed with help of this "auto block hack" but now I must face the consequent. Please accept my apology by giving away my money and items within 5-10 minutes.

chadz please leave me permanent Ban. Thank You

CPTKiller