Author Topic: Been away for a month  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Been away for a month
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:36:06 am »
So I moved to a new city and started a new job about 4 weeks ago now.  Haven't played since then.  This is kind lazy of me... but what's new?  Just the major points.  The last major change I was here for, was the new interface that allowed you to trade gold Alts.

See there's new banners to choose from.  See that custom banners now show up.

And I see something about "Faction Banners" and "Clan Banners"... which brings me to the question... what's up with that?  What's the difference between factions and clans?

What else major is new (especially in-game)?

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
Re: Been away for a month
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 08:43:06 am »
Mod is the same as before, friend.

Gameplay is balanced, community is loving and friendly.

:mrgreen:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 08:52:42 am »
Mod is the same as before, friend.

Gameplay is balanced, community is loving and friendly.

:mrgreen:

QFT.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:03:41 am »
Welcome back my acquaintance, I think I am happy to see you again :)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 12:40:12 pm »
+5
There is now a pimp factor applied to gear, and you can actually GAIN gold if you wear the right combination of items, because all female players must pay a share of their income to the top pimp.

Horses have an own personality, so you never know what happens, when you mount a horse that's not your own. It may just lie down and stop moving, or do a wild rodeo jumping session. It's also possible to get a suicidal horse that steers into all spears and tries to jump off cliffs. And some bite you in the monads.

You can now carry around other players on a shield. It needs at least two carriers, but like this, you can scale walls without ladders and make small archer towers with nothing but players and shields. It's kind of hilarious when a lancer kills one of the bottommost "supporting" shielders...the whole pyramid topples down.

The last major change is fatigue, thirst and hunger. If you run around constantly and swing your weapons, you get thirsty and hungry. If you don't eat and drink, you get slower and slower, and your vision starts to fade out, until you collapse and everything goes dark. Fatigue is similar, but you can't prevent it. You have to sleep for 10 seconds every 2 minutes. Your character will simply fall down where he stands. Not a good idea in the middle of an enemy formation.
To get food, you can hunt wildlife, which is now running around on every map. Be careful, though, boars and badgers can overpower an unprepared hunter! Always carry a boar spear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 12:43:22 pm »
Remember to spam QQY when you join a server.
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 04:33:20 pm »
Welcome back my acquaintance, I think I am happy to see you again :)

:P   Yeah... looking forward to to still sucking it up!

There is now a pimp factor applied to gear, and you can actually GAIN gold if you wear the right combination of items, because all female players must pay a share of their income to the top pimp.

Horses have an own personality, so you never know what happens, when you mount a horse that's not your own. It may just lie down and stop moving, or do a wild rodeo jumping session. It's also possible to get a suicidal horse that steers into all spears and tries to jump off cliffs. And some bite you in the monads.

You can now carry around other players on a shield. It needs at least two carriers, but like this, you can scale walls without ladders and make small archer towers with nothing but players and shields. It's kind of hilarious when a lancer kills one of the bottommost "supporting" shielders...the whole pyramid topples down.

The last major change is fatigue, thirst and hunger. If you run around constantly and swing your weapons, you get thirsty and hungry. If you don't eat and drink, you get slower and slower, and your vision starts to fade out, until you collapse and everything goes dark. Fatigue is similar, but you can't prevent it. You have to sleep for 10 seconds every 2 minutes. Your character will simply fall down where he stands. Not a good idea in the middle of an enemy formation.
To get food, you can hunt wildlife, which is now running around on every map. Be careful, though, boars and badgers can overpower an unprepared hunter! Always carry a boar spear.

Nice!  I think I voted for that to be implemented!

To get food, you can hunt wildlife, which is now running around on every map.

You mean Chucky_Tosser... right?!

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 04:46:05 pm »
I do have one serious question.  What's up with the "Ladder" tab on the Character interface.  I see that it allows you to join or start clans.  Is this just to make it more simple to join up with folks?  I take it that clans leaders still have to approve and such?

And does it cost anything to start a clan?

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 05:55:19 pm »
I do have one serious question.  What's up with the "Ladder" tab on the Character interface.  I see that it allows you to join or start clans.  Is this just to make it more simple to join up with folks?  I take it that clans leaders still have to approve and such?

And does it cost anything to start a clan?
I dont think it costs money but you have to be in a clan to use the clans custom banner. They buy the rights to use that banner on a banner auction on the auctions tab under marketplace