Author Topic: Possible solution to future whine  (Read 38302 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: Possible solution to future whine
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 03:34:49 pm »
Well if you add funny animations to stab...
If you edit cav fight and only allow them to poke forward...
If you buff archery accuracy ...
If you increase all upkeeps...
If you ruin all the bonus that gen 30 had and didn't add anything to stop grindfest...
If you don't allow people to grab thrown weapons...
If you add only russian items...
If you don't even announce that items will be added with the patch...
Yes,people whine chadz...

Offline Lefu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lefu, X, lxxl, o_0
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 03:36:23 pm »
Let the peasant wars begin!  :D

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 03:41:57 pm »
I'm not really sure what balance or advantage has to do with wiping the database. It seems to me that nothing would ever get balanced by wiping the database. So why do it? People will lose their gen bonus and for what? It won't make people whine less, it won't make weapons any bit more balanced. It won't stop people from crying about what kills them the most. The only thing I see this doing, is pushing people away from crpg.

Honestly, it sounds like the dev team needs a better way to filter through all the nonsensical posts on these forums.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Daergar

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daergar_the_Tank
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 03:42:17 pm »
I am definately not looking for any advantage aside from my own skill increasing. What I would be glad for is the option to use an item that suits my playstyle, which is offered by having so many weapon options, so; solved.

The problem is that when weapon A, which suited me and I ground my ass off to get masterworked, gets changed and weapon B becomes the logical choice for me personally. It would be nice to being able to "re-loom" an item and use those heirloom points on a new weapon. If that's what meant by a database reset, I'm all for it. If it means removing loomed items and not getting them "back", not so much.

Or, as Phyrex says, remove everything that makes crpg special and we can all play native, where at least I get more gold and better gear based on the amount of nublets I kill.  :)

Offline ChuckNorris

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 03:43:58 pm »
Complete wipe would be epic, peasant wars again :D

Offline Razzen

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razzen
  • IRC nick: Razzen
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 03:46:03 pm »
I'm not really sure what balance or advantage has to do with wiping the database. It seems to me that nothing would ever get balanced by wiping the database. So why do it? People will lose their gen bonus and for what? It won't make people whine less, it won't make weapons any bit more balanced. It won't stop people from crying about what kills them the most. The only thing I see this doing, is pushing people away from crpg.

Honestly, it sounds like the dev team needs a better way to filter through all the nonsensical posts on these forums.
Its giving everybody a fresh start to pick what they want and be what they want, if they get looms back then its even better and still keep their gen.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cutsomecheesewithmybow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Hangover everyday.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dew
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 03:46:50 pm »
You can take everything away all day everyday sure but please leave the generation exp bonus alone :(.

Offline Thick

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Thick1988/Thief_Armand
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 03:48:11 pm »
NO WAY. People would whine no matter what happens. It's not that their weapons aren't OP it's that they just suck. Leave it as is. They can always create new characters if they are THAT unhappy about it.

Offline Garrus

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Imperial Potato Peeler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Vakarian, GK_Garrus, Puncinella, GK_DrZoidberg
  • IRC nick: Garrus
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 03:48:21 pm »
My only request it that if such marginal changes come (slowered leveling),
then announce it as soon as possible. If I know it will be coming,
I retire and make a final build. I had this character for experimenting, and I've stucked at lvl30 :P
Now I've solved, retired at lvl30 and now going for my final build for this character.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 03:48:32 pm »
there is not more whinning than after any previous patch. and people mostly want to respec heirlooms and not anything else (which is quite understandable, except for a few sidesworders)

still i'd not mind you to do it, but i think there will be more tweakings until this patch is balanced so if to wipe everything completely you should wait, otherwise you'll have to do it in a short time again.

also reseting everybody to lvl1 with no gold will hurt the casual players that waited for high lvls a long time the most and not those grinders that permacomplain. the best decisions are however made with cold head, so i think you should take your time before making any. than i'm sure you will know what is the best for the mod as you always knew it until now :o)

OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 03:49:54 pm »
nice idea, but you had to wipe out the play style of every player as well.

chadz, I don't remember, where you in the Warband beta? It was exactly the same there only with less people, after every freaking patch whine and contra-whine were unbearable. And there was no database and noone was disadvanted, but none the less the whine was exactly like this.

btw they tried something very similar back then with cav lancing. the angle was a bit wider than now but the idea was the same. but it really took out the fun of being cav just like now so they reverted that.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 03:52:42 pm »
I guess with a simple heirloom-reset most people would be satisfied...

And i think contemplating the massve changes it actually is kinda justfied...

i agree. i don't have the time to grind back to level 30 again.. so i'm up for heirlooms reset even if my main is gen11.

Offline Ottomans_Guard

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The_Turks
  • Game nicks: agzini yüzünü sevdimin ..ötlemeleri......oglum nekadar gerzeksin sen ya üfff
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 03:54:13 pm »
new patch pls

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 03:57:56 pm »
You can take everything away all day everyday sure but please leave the generation exp bonus alone :(.

No way dude, actualy the majority of ppl that whine are poeple with creazy 20-30 generation chars. The gen bonus have been fixed. Do u rly enjoy so much 4 times bigger advantage over new players or ppl that actualy have  a life? dont make a second WOW of this game.

Few fixes and everything will be fine. Wipe is a good idea, some fresh air finally and I say so depiste the fact im 1/4 to 31 and depsite the fact I have 3 weeks of exams now and won't be able to play from the begining, but this is good for the mod.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:04:42 pm by Radix »

Offline cutsomecheesewithmybow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Hangover everyday.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dew
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 04:06:03 pm »
No way dude, actualy the majority of ppl than whine are poeple with creazy 20-30 generation chars. The gen bonus have been fixed. Do u rly enjoy so much 4 times bigger advantage over new players or ppl that actualy have  a life?
Of course i do! I have always been humble and took my share of abuse because I knew one day retiering will pay off in a way of huge exp bonus, even before janurary when there was an alternative to retirement.