Poll

Put weapons back before this patch screwed them

Change the weapons back to the way they were. Weapon speeds same, The right swing back to normal when everything was fine. Hitslash isn't an issue if you can block
88 (54.7%)
Keep it the same slow ass pathetic speed, So it lowers the amount of skill needed to play. Slower speed=Less skill? I think So
73 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Author Topic: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons  (Read 6707 times)

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
Re: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2012, 10:45:30 pm »
i enjoy native duels but i find crpg ones far tougher. on crpg your slower and you do less damage so it takes more then just one slip up to kill someone :P that and crpg doesnt have uber lolstab but i find both enjoyable but i cant play native for hours i get bored (for chamber training i use nditions) (for battle training i use crpg because im heavier, people are harder to kill and i wont think im fast :D)

I find cRPG duels much harder too, but it's mainly because I have to do some incredibly risky stuff to get past their block, I just don't like them. A lot of people will just backpedal all the time and I get bored following and start to spam, or even worse I can't even keep up because I am a low level. If people don't backwalk the duel is much more fun however, since I can kickslash and feint a lot more. However native is more fun because my manual blocking is actually tested and the fights are much more furious, the native stab is not too bad once you get used to it either.

Maybe since they slowed "things" down a bit, we can address the wpf curve and make WM a more valuable asset?

This I would like,
do it noaw!
do it noaw!
do it noaw!
Thanks Phase for telling me how to do magic! :)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2012, 10:49:48 pm »
+9
Maybe since they slowed "things" down a bit, we can address the wpf curve and make WM a more valuable asset?

This is something that I'd like to do. Ideally it would result in STR oriented builds getting slower, balanced build getting slightly faster, and AGI oriented builds getting faster.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 11:08:05 pm »
This is something that I'd like to do. Ideally it would result in STR oriented builds getting slower, balanced build getting slightly faster, and AGI oriented builds getting faster.

+1 !

Got spammed to death today by lots of damn strengthwhores with big heavy poleaxes... :rolleyes:

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 11:11:43 pm »

Great news.

So, we will have possibility to redistribute our wpf points? Or how this will work?

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2012, 11:19:21 pm »
yea i like to see it
but if still agi whores will make biger damange than my str bulid i will rage like crazy mutherducker(anyway no ones care)
its really annoying, they can spame you and still make big damage coz of fucking speed bonus
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:20:42 pm by Rebelyell »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 11:22:56 pm »
yea i like to see it
but if still agi whores will make biger damange than my str bulid i will rage like crazy mutherducker(anyway no ones care)
its really annoying, they can spame you and still make big damage coz of fucking speed bonus

I reckon they would somehow balance it that maybe the damage done by ps is reduced or whatever.

Btw Cmp, don't forget to balance that strength/agi stuff also for archers, otherwise the community will rage and whine again^^

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 11:25:51 pm »
+1 !

Got spammed to death today by lots of damn strengthwhores with big heavy poleaxes... :rolleyes:

l2p

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 11:41:05 pm »
Two handed players.....whining?

How...I....what?!! But that NEVER happens.  :rolleyes:
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 11:45:20 pm »
Gash finally, I have been screaming for this for ages. Flatten the wpf curve (and increase overall wpf) already.

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 11:49:03 pm »

remove polestun and try to fix that thrust through objects glitch as well then I would be excited to play again.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2012, 12:50:43 am »

do it cmpx!  i wouldnt mind being faster  !   175 in 1h with 8 weaponmaster is awful :\

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2012, 01:02:14 am »
+1

yes!!! Strength builds whining about people with high agi is something I just don't understand. Sure, high agi means faster and possibly can get more hits in, but compare how many times an agi build will need to hit a strength build. I'm 15-24 generally using lamellar and most strength based players can 2 shot me, while I have to hit them 4-5 times. Now, I've got no problem with that since I can dance around them, but it would be nice to see high level weaponmaster actually do something. I seem to strike only very marginally faster than a strength build even with 8 weaponmaster.

A buff to really balanced builds would also be nice to see. As far as I can tell people who really go balanced (18-18/21-18/18-21) tend to not do as well do to the lack of any specific strength (not really faster than a high strength build, and not significantly more damage than an agi build)

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2012, 01:04:05 am »
remove polestun and try to fix that thrust through objects glitch as well then I would be excited to play again.

Also when you do that, fix two hander reach so that the longsword thrust isn't the same reach as the ashwood pike still, or just make polearm animations not suck. Perfect solution would be to give halfsworded thrusts to all two handers.

That wouldn't address the inferiority of the other polearm animations, but it'd fix the biggest one.

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2012, 02:33:53 am »
Perfect solution would be to give halfsworded thrusts to all two handers.

lolstab is silly, this

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2012, 02:46:01 am »
Also when you do that, fix two hander reach so that the longsword thrust isn't the same reach as the ashwood pike still, or just make polearm animations not suck. Perfect solution would be to give halfsworded thrusts to all two handers.

That wouldn't address the inferiority of the other polearm animations, but it'd fix the biggest one.

yeah that 2h thrust as well as polearm thrust is still confusing when clearly it shouldn't poke you for full damage when the point of the weapon passed by a mile. 2h thrust is annoying as hell to counter because sometimes the thrust hits the air and they move towards you and the thrust can still damage you.