Author Topic: Did they change the 2h right swing?  (Read 20378 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Did they change the 2h right swing?
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2012, 09:33:46 pm »
What is this hiltslash everyone talks about ? Anyone able to explain it so i could understand? Have not played 2her for long time, so no idea...

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2012, 09:34:08 pm »
+1
Why would you want to make hitslashing harder? Instead of people learning to block better? right then left, left then right. Either way if u can't block practice. Don't slow it down for the casual players. this game is 1 of the most skill based games ive ever played. Now it's being watered down to shit

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2012, 09:36:38 pm »
Because it's purpose is to make hiltslashing harder, not to slow down a specific weapon.

I think you're being unfair to people who does not even use hiltslashing. Hence that I never used hiltslashing as 2hander ever. I'm not having any difficulties hiltslashing with polearms btw so I think that needs more nerfing.
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 09:41:56 pm »
The thing is, I disagree with an across the board speed increase. Coincidentally, most of the people complaining about the slowness are 2h/polearm duelists
I have played several gens of 1h. I had no problem countering castors when I was paying attention (and when I wasn't, I deserved to get hit). Kicks and range-games are far deadlier for a decent 1h than castors.

As far as speed goes, people can counter castors perfectly well at fastest speed with the original animations in native. This means there is plenty of room to increase weapon speed without making weapons unblockably fast. Personally I feel that melee should be difficult, fast, and very unforgiving of mistakes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:45:40 pm by Vodner »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2012, 09:46:58 pm »
+1
Personally I feel that melee should be difficult, fast, and very unforgiving of mistakes.

And I respect that, but disagree. Skill-based is fine by me, elite player-only is not.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2012, 09:52:26 pm »
Cool!

I love this change!!!!!!!!!!   :mrgreen:

Thanks...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2012, 09:55:23 pm »
The 2h right swing was perfectly fine beforehand. It really didn't need a speed reduction.

Of course not, if you are playing a 2h.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2012, 09:59:59 pm »
I've played every class except crossbowman.
Killed many a valiant fighter with a throwing axe to face.
Shield turtled Rhade while he was riddled with arrows.
Lanced many from horseback.
Swashbuckled through archers.
Crushed shielders with an elegant poleaxe.

And 2h is the most rewarding.

I hate the lance nerf. It breeds 1hand bump cav, and you have now gimped my anti-1hand cav build.
Good job giving them the advantage back, I know, they were terrified of that flamberge - couldn't have that!

Flams were designed to cut the ends off of pikes in infantry encounters, not to duel or take down cav.  It's one of the more ridiculous weapons in the game.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2012, 10:00:15 pm »
+4
I don't agree that it is 'whining' to advocate for speed in the game. Some want more others want less. The majority will always want less.

I FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED

Any 'slowing down' of features in action games is bad (IMO) because it diminishes the skill aspect. Similar to stuns (Not that stuns cannot also be the equalizer as well depending on game style).
The only reason for doing so is to attract more people overall, to lessen the skill needed thus allowing more to participate at the now new "highest" level.

That is just my preference though and I am sure I'm in the minority here but confident that a game honoring these attributes would do immensely great if it were known globally, and it is not that I would consider these views elitist in any way either, I want a balanced game, always, but I do not want to make a game more accessible to people by reducing for example needed reflex time or other skill aspects. (No spam is not skill but it is an quick easy way to kill lesser skilled people, and a way for lesser skilled people to kill more skilled but in general unpredictability is a killer, everything good can be used for bad and vice versa).

I have to agree with Sonja that I too do not like how slow C-RPG is nowadays - I still hate Native ranged too much to say I would prefer that :P - but C-rpg is really a lot slower than what it used to be, a situation you'll run into in almost every game out there as it grows though. I don't recall playing any games where it wasn't slowed down across the board throughout its timeline.

Conclusion: We'll see how this works out in time, I still think it is too early to say if this will turn out to be balanced overall or not, but the changes throughout and this change is definitely felt.

I've been wanting to respec 1hand/shield for ages since 1handers seem lightning fast, and 1hand without shield can range almost just as good as a 2hander with some footwork, but I just can't get my self to do it due to the huge loss of time when being above level 32 (I'm close to 34 :P but with lvl 31 spec due to speccing wrong).
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2012, 10:13:10 pm »
Flams were designed to cut the ends off of pikes in infantry encounters, not to duel or take down cav.  It's one of the more ridiculous weapons in the game.
Way to paraphrase wikipedia nimrod. Find some more sources. Ask Shik.

Also, it is one of the more gimpy two handers, get a SoW for dueling, or a great axe if you really want to mess people up - oh nevermind.. get a fucking 1 hander.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2012, 10:14:40 pm »
Speedfreak cookies, get a kuntana

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2012, 10:14:48 pm »
And I respect that, but disagree. Skill-based is fine by me, elite player-only is not.

Elite player? You know how they got elite? Natural skill, some people at just better then others and all their work won't help them. Good gamers and bad gamers in ever game. And most get good by training practicing etc. Skill based is hard when u swing slow as shit.

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »
+1
I don't think making shit as fast as native would do people much better. Even though it's funnier and indeed, more skill dependant. I think it's good the way it is. And blocking hiltslashers is not as hard as people may think, really.

Doesen't make much sense either that swinging right would be slower than any other of the swings just to "make hiltslashing harder". It's not harder to hiltslash as a 2hander. It's impossible :)
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2012, 10:36:29 pm »
I hate this slow ass Gay shit now. Wtf am i suppose to do? Walk around doing left swings as the new right swing? Fuck that shit.

I'll wait till it's fixed and play another game

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2012, 10:37:05 pm »
+6
Reflexes are reflexes, some have good ones others don't. You CAN train that though but it is very hard if it doesn't come naturally to you.

IMO everyone can be good at Mount&Blade, just takes time and dedication since there's so many different aspects to combat in this game, if you're not the best raw skill player then there's loads of other equally deadly options, should be a proper fighting style for everyone here. I enjoyed my time learning to play Mount&Blade, it didn't come instant, was even beat up by bots in single player in the beginning, noobing it around online as well until I started spending time on the duel server to hone my blocking skills, after having my blocking somewhat in check I started watching how people moved, especially those who did best, then I copied that, made my own moves, figured out more things. I love(d) these aspects of M&B, you don't find many games today who honor the true nature of gaming, learning and problem solving, just as it used to be until mainstream (consoles) and money ruined gaming overall.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!