Author Topic: chadz, we want the classic version of CRPG  (Read 15557 times)

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Re: chadz, we want the classic version of CRPG
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2011, 09:07:04 pm »
+4
FIREBOMBS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2011, 09:07:57 pm »
+2
C-RPG's current speed doesn't even match that of a native medium speed server.[/b] So much for your "skill based gameplay".

The slower speed allows for more tactical thinking in combat, and chambering for all. The faster speed meant sub-25 ping was an instant win button. It really does punish our west coasters, and people with shitty internet. Even though I personally had more fun in high speed duels (you may recall my whine about the current speed) and such, I believe cRPG's current version is far more balanced than anything it used to be- even if we're talking about the sub-35 levels of the old version.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2011, 09:13:26 pm »
Actually, I might give this one a try. See how long it works out until it crumbles from plated knights on elephants.

Not saying we're doing it, but if we do, understand that:
- support will be almost nonexistant,
- same for updates,
- strategus obviously won't work with it either,
- website will be the old, horrible one

and some other things. We'll discuss it and see if it could hurt the cRPG we actually like to continue improving.

Gameplay mechanics have seem a huge improvement in strat from update to update, IMO.  I think the problem has become trying to balance items and skills too much that it creates other imbalances.  For example I think the turn radius on lancing from horseback is a good gameplay mechanic.  Constantly tweaking and changing the skills needed to ride horses, how fast horses ride, etc...is not a good thing to focus on.

Tweaking slots of longer/bigger weapons from 1 slot for everything (like in native) to 2 slots for some items like Pikes and Long spears was good, I think making items not-sheathable if they are very large was good too.  Making them 3 slots went overboard however (but would still fit into gameplay mechanic tweaks).  If you were to start changing the variables for damage and swing speed then I'd think it would fall under trying to balance skills/items.

To me, that is the big problem a lot of people have with the c-rpg updates.  Not the part about tweaking gameplay mechanics for what you developers see as "in the best interest of the game".  But trying to tweak all the equipment and skills (and stats for both) to keep all the classes "balanced" has just created more problems and is a constant adjustment to "re-balance" the classes. 

The classes will never be "balanced".  They will always have strengths and weaknesses...and as far as I can tell, there has never been an "overpowered" class to the point of needed to tweak skills and equipment to nerf them.

The slower speed allows for more tactical thinking in combat, and chambering for all. The faster speed meant sub-25 ping was an instant win button. It really does punish our west coasters, and people with shitty internet. Even though I personally had more fun in high speed duels (you may recall my whine about the current speed) and such, I believe cRPG's current version is far more balanced than anything it used to be- even if we're talking about the sub-35 levels of the old version.

You really only notice blocking problems due to ping if you're over 120'ish.  150 makes it really hard to block on medium speed you have to basically block immediately as the enemy is pulling back, any delay and you won't get your block up in time.

Good manual blockers have a really easy time on medium speed for c-rpg, especially if they have under 40'ish ping.  So you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.  I'd rather keep it medium and give people who are connecting from the far coasts a chance to still be somewhat competitive.  And if people from other continents connect they still have a small chance of blocking, on fast combat speed I don't think they'd have any chance (even considering that block speed would also be faster). 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:17:40 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xtrah

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Xtrah
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2011, 09:13:49 pm »
The thing is, back then you could enjoy grinding up to a level, now its lvl 31 and after that u need weeks after weeks with playing to even get a level... Neh, its not the cRPG i enjoyed.
And the tincan heroes back then, well most people SUCKED at blocking back then, so that explains it...
Sure it was unfair for peasants to play cuz they got raped by high lvl people, same shit now... And archery back then was cool because people could use heavy armor and even put some into shield skill without fucking up ur build.
Now you have to sacrifices a lvl to get 3 shield skill...
And strat exp now is fucked up, in old times strat was fun and the best way to level up = Makes more action i would say...
If we could get back old cRPG with slots I would be happy, cuz i can remember people with 2 sniper xbows + a big flamberge in their ass.
And pay to play, no problem...

PAY FOR YOUR SLOT, 1 DORRA EVERYONE

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2011, 09:16:17 pm »
+1

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2011, 09:17:05 pm »
In my opinion being one of the people that joined in said old crpg could work with some of the current balances but that is me.

Offline Vex.

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Fancy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Vex_TheWeakling
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2011, 09:19:50 pm »
In my opinion being one of the people that joined in said old crpg could work with some of the current balances but that is me.
yeah. Hate the slots but they are necessary to have a balance in the game.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2011, 09:20:18 pm »
+1
I bet nobody would really believe me but... I like this cRPG more than the old one.
In the old one everybody walked around with black armor riding on these elephants etc.
It wouldn't be fun to see ''Old cRPG'' and for Archers (when the bows would stay like they're now)
It would be terrible. Remeber those 100 p Sniper 1-hit Tincans in Black Armor xbow?
U want it really back?
Dunno If I understood it right but the when you bring back Old cRPG you probably need to bring back the OP weapons.

But If you mean that we should bring back the gold/xp gain back... I could say yes combine it with the multiplier now and it should be fine.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2011, 09:21:28 pm »

that is one cute puppie Oberyn ! :)

i would shell 20$ a month to play an updated "old crpg" system !   do eet!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:22:29 pm by hippy_with_a_scimi »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2011, 09:23:30 pm »
I bet nobody would really believe me but... I like this cRPG more than the old one.
In the old one everybody walked around with black armor riding on these elephants etc.
It wouldn't be fun to see ''Old cRPG'' and for Archers (when the bows would stay like they're now)
It would be terrible. Remeber those 100 p Sniper 1-hit Tincans in Black Armor xbow?
U want it really back?
Dunno If I understood it right but the when you bring back Old cRPG you probably need to bring back the OP weapons.

But If you mean that we should bring back the gold/xp gain back... I could say yes combine it with the multiplier now and it should be fine.

I'm not positive but I assume Vinny didn't want to bring back 1 slot for every piece of equipment.  I think he was more referring to the stats for equipment and skills, as well as how XP and gold were distributed.

Things like the lance radius being reduced on horseback are a good thing, as well as things like increasing some weapons to 2 slots (i think 3 slots may be overboard).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vex.

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Fancy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Vex_TheWeakling
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2011, 09:24:47 pm »
U want it really back?

We want the old cRPG back, but the balance on weapons etc can stay as it is.
xbows is not OP with the dmg when you think about how long it takes to reload it...
U still see plated chargers every singel day now so it dosnt matter really. I hate coursers & arabian more than plated chargers.

Offline Nurax

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Blah...
  • Game nicks: Hiragano
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2011, 09:25:46 pm »
I'd love to see the real old cRPG and if it doesn't work we can do diffrent anyway. Maybe we should vote for it? Only if chadz allows of course.
For example I loved that feeling that I needed like 3 hours or more for a normals cost weapon and I liked how the gold gain increased and you hoped, please, kill another ones and finally in the end of the round: Yes 200 Gold! :)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2011, 09:26:09 pm »

You guys keep making the mistake - that was the tail end of old cRPG, if its fully reset, months of gameplay goes on before this happens.  Gold was much harder to make and it was a big talked about thing when the first person bought a plated charger 5 months into that cRPG version.  GOLD was REALLY REALLY hard to make.  you average 200 gold a minute now, back then with peasant wars at beginning you made 1-2 gold per kill you were near if your team won the round, 25% of that if you lost, which came out to about averaging to 7 gold a minute.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2011, 09:27:22 pm »
We want the old cRPG back, but the balance on weapons etc can stay as it is.
xbows is not OP with the dmg when you think about how long it takes to reload it...
U still see plated chargers every singel day now so it dosnt matter really. I hate coursers & arabian more than plated chargers.
I mean those old 100 p sniper  xbows cause I tought that when we'll bring the old cRPG back that we'll bring the old xbows, bows etc.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2011, 09:28:00 pm »
Stop with your goofy derailing whatif bring it back altered this post is about CLASSIC! you don't order a cheeseburger then alter the order so much it is a double swiss and lettuce burger! SHIT. This Post is about CLASSIC! 100 percent oldschool I wouldn't play super mario bro's if it was 3d. Shit I gave up mario because it sucked dick as a 3d plat former. I like my mario 2d I like my Zelda 2d I like my crpg CLASSIC and I like my fighters like guilty gears and soul calibur/Tekken