Author Topic: Inventory issue in strat  (Read 134 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Inventory issue in strat
« on: May 03, 2013, 04:13:55 am »
One of the more annoying things is when an inventory for a fief is loaded with shit. We've all seen it, it's a pain in le butt!

I'm not sure if this is a lot of work or not. If it's not a lot of work then it's an easy work around until something better can be done.

Move construction mats and sites to the first position ahead of all 1h weapons so they are always select able. That way, worst comes to worse we can at least build a csite and start throwing gear on the ground like retards. Also move ladders/stakes to that first position as well considering how important they in the defense of a fief.

I'm trying to work on a better inventory system, I'm not getting very far but if I mange it I'll chuck it on the site. I still haven't worked out why exactly things aren't select able :|
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
Re: Inventory issue in strat
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 08:06:30 am »
Wont help much i think. Ppl will bomb u with daggers, rondels, sticks etc... I think it would have the same effect.
If devs would ever read this section the best way to deal with this problem would be selecting usable inventory for the battle. Like allow 10-15 of each group and u set it up b4 the battle starts, so if u have like 3053095830 thrown u only choose 10-15. And maybe in groups. When 1st group of 10-15 is wasted then next batch comes in. So u can sort out various items to ur needs.
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Inventory issue in strat
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 10:23:49 am »
There is a better solution than that dude. Create an effective interface and inventory mangement system and then allow any Faction Officer to deal with the inventory in any fief and not just the fief owner. On top of that fix the code up so you can have anunlimited number of items.

This is just a finger in the dyke solution... Simply change the item poisitons for siege gear to the first 5 items so they are always select able.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(