Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 110950 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #690 on: February 17, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »
FPS module confirmed by CR today to come end of next month. Leshma is wrong for the 100th time.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1582
  • Infamy: 2351
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 17, 2015, 04:55:41 pm »
End of February?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #692 on: February 17, 2015, 05:36:21 pm »
+1
End of February?
FPS module confirmed by CR today to come end of next month. Leshma is wrong for the 100th time.
Reading is hard.

Still Xant, link?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 158
  • Infamy: 488
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 17, 2015, 06:14:59 pm »
For some reason I completely ignored word next.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #694 on: February 17, 2015, 06:59:39 pm »
For some reason I completely ignored word next.
Humans ability to not notice what's right in front of them is pretty impressive. It really is weird how we manage to evolve this far.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 17, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »
+1
Reading is hard.

Still Xant, link?
It was in the newest 10 for the Chairman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2K1CH22SF8#t=1510
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2486
  • Infamy: 2579
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 17, 2015, 07:53:17 pm »
Stopped watching 10FTC videos, usually wait a few hours for transcript: http://imperialnews.network/2015/02/10-chairman-episode-53/

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #697 on: February 17, 2015, 08:04:06 pm »
Avenger's an awesome ship, too bad it's currently broken in a couple of ways, and the next patch fixes those things.. and breaks some others. Will be great when it's working properly, though.
Oh yes! I really like it ... i love the crawling space they added back then :D  i can even ignore the gimped main thruster section at times :s Yet, I hope they wont tune it down much more ... now, after shrinking the main canon size quite a bit :s
 In my paranoid brain section, I sometimes think that they believe to have "sold it to cheap" at the start and want to nerf it down to hell now :S ... because it was simply perfect - in terms of balance for a cheap starter ship ... it has(had) firepower to deal with higher level threads, enhanced armor, is capable of going high speed (with an "greater than expected main thruster") and even has a huge room ... usable for anything .. from a med bay, a prisoner transport, explorer living space up to a cargo space, for trading a nice amount of goods ... and not to forget the funny, rugged space-planeshape ... srsly, design-wise im all Aegis Dynamics fanboy  :mrgreen:

What i hope for is, that they really add modules for all kinds of functionalities ... for as many as possible ships ...

On the other hand, i cant really play the game right now anyways :[ not before i built up my new PC rig ... which i have to get piece by piece and pray to find some good parts on the scrap yard ... so, its okay with me, that the Avenger is broken atm ;3
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:31:57 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #698 on: February 17, 2015, 11:36:38 pm »
On the other hand, i cant really play the game right now anyways :[ not before i built up my new PC rig ... which i have to get piece by piece and pray to find some good parts on the scrap yard ... so, its okay with me, that the Avenger is broken atm ;3

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/141332/performance-tweaks-for-arena-commander

There are some console commands and stuff you can do to improve performance.

If you wanna go super ultra shitty graphics here is a copy of my user.cfg:

(click to show/hide)

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #699 on: February 18, 2015, 02:50:29 am »
Thanks mate, much appreciated =)
Yet, i really need to get a new rig in any case... which i am actually trying to do this week or so, so im fine with waiting for this short time with playing ;)
Still, good to know where i can find some performance tweaks now^^
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 18, 2015, 07:00:08 am »
+1
Oh yes! I really like it ... i love the crawling space they added back then :D  i can even ignore the gimped main thruster section at times :s Yet, I hope they wont tune it down much more ... now, after shrinking the main canon size quite a bit :s
 In my paranoid brain section, I sometimes think that they believe to have "sold it to cheap" at the start and want to nerf it down to hell now :S ... because it was simply perfect - in terms of balance for a cheap starter ship ... it has(had) firepower to deal with higher level threads, enhanced armor, is capable of going high speed (with an "greater than expected main thruster") and even has a huge room ... usable for anything .. from a med bay, a prisoner transport, explorer living space up to a cargo space, for trading a nice amount of goods ... and not to forget the funny, rugged space-planeshape ... srsly, design-wise im all Aegis Dynamics fanboy  :mrgreen:

What i hope for is, that they really add modules for all kinds of functionalities ... for as many as possible ships ...

1.0.3 buffs Tigerstreik with 150% damage, so the nose gun becomes really, really good. I think that's just a temporary solution while they make a unique nose gun for Avenger, though.

1.0.3 also breaks its handling, though, and apparently it can't really go up/down in that patch.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #701 on: February 18, 2015, 02:11:59 pm »
when this game was first announced i was really hyped as a dedicated Freelancer player. But then I stopped checking updates and I didnt even realise that it was released. Is it as good as expected? :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 18, 2015, 02:17:27 pm »
+1
when this game was first announced i was really hyped as a dedicated Freelancer player. But then I stopped checking updates and I didnt even realise that it was released. Is it as good as expected? :D

Kratos has discovered a time machine

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 18, 2015, 02:18:24 pm »
Damnit kratos, how to timetravel?

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden