Author Topic: Official Item Survey Result Data & More (OISRDM)  (Read 24910 times)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: Official Item Survey Result Data & More (OISRDM)
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2011, 02:05:16 pm »
If I was you developers I would throw this data in the bin. There is no way in hell you can balance this game through this poll. You can't get around the bias no matter what you do. By trying to remove the bias you will also remove objective data. Best to stick with what you have been doing and tweak until you are happy.

I'm a 1hander/shielder and guess what; I voted to buff 1hander/shielder, that makes me human and wanting to gain an advantage. I did this believing that 1handers especially are pretty much balanced.

In fact I think you have done a good job balancing this game except for throwing. You killed throwing. Logically if you buff throwing, then horses should get a buff also.

Maybe what others have suggested. Look at the individual weapons in a class instead of the class. Some weapons are just OP. Others just crap.

So fuck this data, no good can come from it.

Not everyone is so greedy as to be unable to look beyond themselves in the name of actual balance. You are an ass. You openly and proudly admit to doing something that is seen as wrong here, and then expect civility? To be human is to be imperfect, and you're certainly that. Fuck you, sir.

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2011, 02:13:10 pm »
I guess one interesting statistic (apart from the obvious LOL EVERYONE BUFFS HIMSELF) is counting the buffs for items that are not being used by the person itself, and counting nerfs to items that are used by the person itself.
Code: [Select]
horseschange armorchange 1hchange 2hchange polechange shieldchange thrownchange bowchange xbowchange
46 -8 74 13 -15 31 187 51 43

(counting any non-ranged as armoured)
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Electro

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • when death smiles at us all we can do is smileback
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Electro
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2011, 02:13:27 pm »
Not everyone is so greedy as to be unable to look beyond themselves in the name of actual balance. You are an ass. You openly and proudly admit to doing something that is seen as wrong here, and then expect civility? To be human is to be imperfect, and you're certainly that. Fuck you, sir.

But what he is trying to say is that the human race Will take advantages for himself and that it would be very hard to stop it
tom here is being open and is just pointing out his views on this so please do not critisize him for his views.....

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2011, 02:21:55 pm »
I will criticize what I disagree with. Proudly admitting selfishness and then demanding civility? I don't believe it's deserved.

Offline TomFoolery

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: TomFoolery
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2011, 02:28:49 pm »
When did I say I was proud of voting for my class? You show me where I said that.

Why don't you find everyone else  who voted for their class and attack them also. I'm just using what I did to show the fallacy of posting a poll like this.

Offline Electro

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • when death smiles at us all we can do is smileback
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Electro
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2011, 02:29:59 pm »
I will criticize what I disagree with. Proudly admitting selfishness and then demanding civility? I don't believe it's deserved.

That may be but there was no reason to call him a " ass" and say "Fuck you" i mean there really isnt any reason to do that
and that is what i think he meant by civility.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2011, 02:38:56 pm »
I consider his opinion and attitude on this subject insulting and I responded in kind. The "fuck you" was a direct response to

So fuck this data, no good can come from it.

That's all I'll say on this.

Offline InqWiper

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: InqWiper, Sir_Lancealittle, Ukuppes, Samuelsson
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2011, 02:45:05 pm »
My main is 1h/shield/xbow/cav, oh yes a retard indeed but thats besides the point :lol:

I think the only thing I voted for was buff throwing. I think throwing was OP the way it was before and I made a thrower alt but after the triple nerf (price, ammo amount, damage) they totally killed the class. I dont think I voted for anything else because most things seem not so bad and can be argued both ways IMO but throwing is  just silly. My main is gen 4 but I also have level 30 in archer, thrower and 2h. My main was pure pole/cav first gen.

I think selfishness is weak and immature and your defense is crap. It sounds like people claiming its not theire fault they are fat, its in theire genetics. Or men cheating on theire wives claiming its theire genetics telling them to fuck everything they can. You are responsible for your own actions and you can not blame it on some bullshit. I am only human too but obviously I am not that selfish and there are many way better people than me out there. Do you want to look at the shit thats fucked up in he world and think that you live in this because of people like yourself or do you want to think that you may be contributing a very small piece but yet a piece to improve it? You have some balls admitting how selfish you are. Now use those balls to admit it is your own fault and you have the ability to change yourself. When you admit to yourself that you can change, why would you want to stay the same? Lets all try to pull in the same direction ?  :wink:
It´s not about the size of your sword, but the ferocity with which you thrust!

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2011, 03:03:43 pm »
This data is kinda iffy at best, most folks will vote to buff themselves and nerf anything they have trouble with, all non sheilders want archers nerfed  but want there own weapons and armour buffed so on..

You can't really even count on the fact some people might have voted for other classes as they could be there main but not at the same time, my main is an archer but i rarely ever use him now, but i don't wanna delete him :D so these other results could come from people using there main to vote for there alt.

The only way i think you can use this data is to remove all votes for own classes and look at the data without them, if theres a wide enough margin then that might be somthing to think about but you really need to be careful here maybe a better way would be server stats, getting k/d ratios of classes rather then what people want, just an idea.

I do know 1 nerf everyone will want, that damn firestick :D

InqWiper you're very naive you want to better the world by making c-rpg more fair? people don't want fair they want to win in games, games are for entertainment people are generally not entertained being pwned.

Offline TomFoolery

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2011, 03:18:27 pm »
I think selfishness is weak and immature and your defense is crap. It sounds like people claiming its not theire fault they are fat, its in theire genetics. Or men cheating on theire wives claiming its theire genetics telling them to fuck everything they can. You are responsible for your own actions and you can not blame it on some bullshit. I am only human too but obviously I am not that selfish and there are many way better people than me out there. Do you want to look at the shit thats fucked up in he world and think that you live in this because of people like yourself or do you want to think that you may be contributing a very small piece but yet a piece to improve it? You have some balls admitting how selfish you are. Now use those balls to admit it is your own fault and you have the ability to change yourself. When you admit to yourself that you can change, why would you want to stay the same? Lets all try to pull in the same direction ?  :wink:

OK we could get into the whole intrinsic nature of humanity. But that would be pointless in this context. Attributing my selfishness in my post to the ills of the world is frankly crazy. For all you know I am a philanthropist who gives money to charity. But when I saw an opportunity to boost my class I took it. Albeit I felt a bit guilty. Those of who think I said all people would vote this way are wrong, good for you who tried to be objective. All was needed was a quarter of selfish ass-holes like me to skew the results. Maybe someone like me needed to point this obvious fact out. You can not get any accurate data this way. I appreciate the developers trying their best to balance the game, but there would need to be a different method.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2011, 03:19:30 pm »
Also nice job on the results so far Kafein, keep it coming!

No love for me? Durn EU's are discriminatory! :wink:

Offline InqWiper

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: InqWiper, Sir_Lancealittle, Ukuppes, Samuelsson
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2011, 03:26:03 pm »
]
InqWiper you're very naive you want to better the world by making c-rpg more fair? people don't want fair they want to win in games, games are for entertainment people are generally not entertained being pwned.
Lol  :lol:
I dont want to better the world by making c-rpg more fair. Im claiming the attitude is a problem both when it comes to c-rpg and also the world as a whole. I dont give a shit about c-rpg on a larger scale if you pardon my french  :wink:

If you want a game where you win all the time go play against bots. A PvP game needs to be balanced.
OK we could get into the whole intrinsic nature of humanity. But that would be pointless in this context. Attributing my selfishness in my post to the ills of the world is frankly crazy. For all you know I am a philanthropist who gives money to charity. But when I saw an opportunity to boost my class I took it. Albeit I felt a bit guilty. Those of who think I said all people would vote this way are wrong, good for you who tried to be objective. All was needed was a quarter of selfish ass-holes like me to skew the results. Maybe someone like me needed to point this obvious fact out. You can not get any accurate data this way. I appreciate the developers trying their best to balance the game, but there would need to be a different method.
I dont think Im crazy but thats what all crazies say right? The sane realise they are absolutely mad.

I think the data can still be useful if its interpreted in a  non naive way. There ware still things that can be extracted from it even with some deliberately casting shit votes to gain advantage and those casting shit votes due to poor grasp of the bigger picture. For example I think that the data shows that throwing needs to be buffed as I think it stands out a bit. This is even though we all hated throwers when they were OP and very few are throwers now.
It´s not about the size of your sword, but the ferocity with which you thrust!

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2011, 03:30:13 pm »
Code: [Select]
horseschange armorchange 1hchange 2hchange polechange shieldchange thrownchange bowchange xbowchange
46 -8 74 13 -15 31 187 51 43

(counting any non-ranged as armoured)

two things you need

1 - Stats on weapon kill types (yes its possible)
2 - Stats on the actual population of crpg (to get some ideas on how widely changes would effect cRPG)
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2011, 03:33:57 pm »

Read what he wrote properly and you sir will see that you have failed.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline TomFoolery

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2011, 03:47:07 pm »
Thank you InqWiper for understanding where I am coming from. I usually play devils advocate to propel debate.

Now the debate can start.

It's not only people who vote for selfish or ignorant reasons. There are people who have voted genuinely on their own class which is considered underpowered by the community which will not be counted. You can't determine who is objective,subjective or ignorant.

You can't use the elite method either, because impartiality can not be certain.

I don't know if it's possible to gleam kill/death ratios as some people despite their class can be great opportunists.

It is very difficult.