Author Topic: Add more 0 slot items  (Read 1355 times)

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Add more 0 slot items
« on: May 17, 2011, 09:57:48 pm »
I feel that archery could use some 0 slot quivers, with not much arrows in it, and not good bonus damage that would go for longbow characters who want to use some real 2h/1h+shield/polearm.

Also, add some long knife (about 60 length, mediocre damage, can block) that take 0 slots for nordic archers who want to use longbows and for example shield. Right now archers have just the hammer, and more variety is always welcome.

(maybe making some weak throwing weapons as 0 slot items would help throwing as well).
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Add more 0 slot items
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »
No.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 11:26:50 pm »
I feel that archery could use some 0 slot quivers, with not much arrows in it, and not good bonus damage that would go for longbow characters who want to use some real 2h/1h+shield/polearm.

Also, add some long knife (about 60 length, mediocre damage, can block) that take 0 slots for nordic archers who want to use longbows and for example shield. Right now archers have just the hammer, and more variety is always welcome.

(maybe making some weak throwing weapons as 0 slot items would help throwing as well).

erm all this things u suggested are kind of against everything that last patch introduced. The point IS to keep archers away from using shields so they can stay being real archers.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:29:35 pm by Radix »

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:38:22 pm »
I get the draw for Nordic bowmen (bazinga!) but the main goal is balance rather than roleplay.  Right now there are 10(?) 0 slot weapons and, from what I've heard from archers, that's working well enough.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:09:20 am »
We really should have a fifth inventory slot. Strong bow + 3 quivers of arrows + hammer = 4 slots, yet I can't roll with all of that. The Hammer in this case effectively takes up a slot even though it's a zero slot weapon. Anyone else get my meaning here?
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 01:19:39 am »
The 0 slot items are meant to provide a melee weapon to ranged using a weapon that takes two slots, rather than providing a fifth slot.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 09:11:22 am »
I get the draw for Nordic bowmen (bazinga!) but the main goal is balance rather than roleplay.  Right now there are 10(?) 0 slot weapons and, from what I've heard from archers, that's working well enough.

Yes, they are working good enough for archers. But more variety is always welcome, if we fight all the time against archers with hammer, why not fighting with archers using long knifes ?

The suggestion for weak arrows is for hybrids who want to shoot too, those would be far less effective than real archers and due to low amount of ammo, they would not deteriorate the gameplay.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 06:39:28 pm »
Hmm, I would love a zero slot long knife that can block, even if it is worse then the hammer I would use it.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 07:51:25 pm »
Hammer seems to be the only viable 0 slot choice, hence its popularity.

IMO this means some more viable 0 slot weapons are called for of a roughly equal power. Just so there is some diversity.

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Fide, pro utilitate hominum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Pikedan
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 03:10:09 am »
The 0 slot items are meant to provide a melee weapon to ranged using a weapon that takes two slots, rather than providing a fifth slot.
This. The only people who need slotted weapons are Stongbow guys going bow/arrow/arrow/1slot melee or Battle Archers with a single slot of arrows (I.E: Bow/arrow/1 slot weapons that are either 1h, 1.5h such as the Spiked Mace and the few 1 slot polearms such as the Quarterstaff) who are expected to go into melee anyway.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.