Author Topic: How To Spot The Auto Block Hack And How To Defeat It  (Read 15224 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: How To Spot The Auto Block Hack And How To Defeat It
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 06:18:23 am »
If auto block hacks do get removed/spotted, I'm going to lol at those master players who suddenly suck at the game for no apparent reason.

Much of BRD says this, I've noticed. How do you guys know so well? :?
because of the obscene amounts of time spent in the duel server.

I honestly don't think there is anybody that autoblock hacks who is good enough that I've noticed them. I'll look for people blocking down --
--
--Oh wait I use a pike they always block down. I wouldn't be able to tell a decent hacker from a decent player. Wouldn't make a difference, all my kills are based on timing not blocking.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:19:40 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 08:00:05 am »
I thought this was a joke for the longest time, but I've been convinced otherwise by seeing this in action exactly as Galg mentioned. Initially I thought: "Great, Some baddy admin is going to think I'm an auto-blocker because I can block well, or because I always block feints from people with longer range weapons than mine, or when people are standing on hills and can accelerate randomly."

Thing is, it's actually really easy to spot. That being said, I think Galg should be givin admin of all the NA servers so he can take care of this problem. It seems that because he has tested this that he is the best suited for the job. I'm not asking that he ban people permanently without anyone getting a 2nd opinion, but if anyone's to take care of this, it does seem like he is most qualified.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 08:04:51 am »
I thought this was a joke for the longest time, but I've been convinced otherwise by seeing this in action exactly as Galg mentioned. Initially I thought: "Great, Some baddy admin is going to think I'm an auto-blocker because I can block well, or because I always block feints from people with longer range weapons than mine, or when people are standing on hills and can accelerate randomly."

Thing is, it's actually really easy to spot. That being said, I think Galg should be givin admin of all the NA servers so he can take care of this problem. It seems that because he has tested this that he is the best suited for the job. I'm not asking that he ban people permanently without anyone getting a 2nd opinion, but if anyone's to take care of this, it does seem like he is most qualified.

Impressive Trololo sir.  Good on you.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 08:15:01 am »
only noobs with katana spam need autoblocker.

Can't engage and defend at the same time?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 08:18:03 am »
Impressive Trololo sir.  Good on you.
That was an honest post. I try not to use too much sarcasm on forums, it's always misunderstood.

Though I will admit that even with the surface of such a hack, it hardly seems like much of an advantage when you see it actually being used.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:31:16 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 03:33:39 pm »
That was an honest post. I try not to use too much sarcasm on forums, it's always misunderstood.

Though I will admit that even with the surface of such a hack, it hardly seems like much of an advantage when you see it actually being used.

We have admins that know how to spot it quite well Tydeus.

Galg spilled the beans on the topic publicly; however we already knew about this problem beforehand and we can tell when it is being used.  We also understand the concern of those who are very good legit blockers and duelers - and it shouldn't affect you folks at all.  To be completely honest, this isn't going to turn into a witch hunt because those who were caught using it are a decimal minority of this community.

Stay legit folks, don't bother to try it out "just to see" - cause that's what happened to  No_Sir  and he's pretty butt-hurt about it.

So be warned.
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 03:40:19 pm »
Why after spectating a few rounds the other night I have half a mind to accuse Galgorth here of using this auto block hack!  Just kidding of course...

Then again, fighting a hacker with 15 ping and good fighting ability could quite possibly be the most frightening thing imaginable in this game.  I don't want to think about it.

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 11:54:52 pm »

Thanks for the recommendation dude. I wouldn't make a good admin though, I'd get drunk one night and start demanding people dance/answer trivia questions or get banned.

Offline mulas

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 12:09:45 am »
This is a by the longest time a myth, unless I can see it on video to believe it.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 12:11:07 am »
the way to beat auto block hack

used range weapon or spam... great advice.
Turtles

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 12:12:18 am »
I have the perfect solution!
Remove every weapon except Long Maul.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 12:14:54 am »
Only if you buff its thrust damage, else no-one will play and we will all nekid fist fight / care bear hug
Turtles

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 02:10:33 am »
Only if you buff its thrust damage, else no-one will play and we will all nekid fist fight / care bear hug
I think you mean remove it's awkward looking horribad thrust that is awful bad awful
would be such a better weapon without it.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Quallen

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_Quallen
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 02:16:16 am »

"Great, Some baddy admin is going to think I'm an auto-blocker because I can block well ..."

I'd like to piggy-back off of tydeus here and say, doubt over administration can be really poisonous to a community.  In my CSS admin experience if it was a known community member or server regular ( CTU clan server 06-08 ) I'd take the extra time to demo what I was spectating so there would be no doubt.  It really helps when you have to axe a guy that is not only one of the server stat leaders but a member of your CAL team.

I think establishing some kind of protocol for evidence (fraps, playclaw, whatever works) would be really beneficial to the community.  Something at the very least a 2nd admin could look at and say yeah, good call and with evidence like this EU admins could go ahead and black list as well.  Obviously detection is preferable but in its absence or even along side it something like this is still good for everyone.  Its good for the player base knowing they're getting a fair shake and its good for the admins because it takes the pressure off decisions like this (its hard to be 100% sure in the moment.)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 02:32:02 am »
We have admins that know how to spot it quite well Tydeus.

Galg spilled the beans on the topic publicly; however we already knew about this problem beforehand and we can tell when it is being used. 

Security thru obscurity = fail.

Evidence = win