Author Topic: Nerf Ranged 2014  (Read 5479 times)

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
Re: Nerf Ranged 2014
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2014, 05:23:14 pm »
Damn Shokoschugi called me a leecher, guess he wanted to be friendly. Regardless, i called him a my old friend in russian :mrgreen:

Cool, but isn't he Hungarian? :P

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2014, 05:43:55 pm »
You might consider placing some cover in these zones, as I do not carry a shield and am a terrible dancer.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:47:02 pm by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2014, 10:59:11 am »

So when you play Siege as an archer you actually play gimped melee and expect others to do the same. Meh.

I agree that the on Siege archers aren't that useful, but that's a problem with the game mode, not the class. One can not expect archers to fight with a sword and they shouldn't be forced to do that.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2014, 07:43:13 pm »
+1
I can always stay near the flag and block with my pickaxe or whatever :D

Problem with ranged is mentality issue. I've never seen it on NA1, every time I was pleasantly surprised with your archers (except Fallen archers who have same style both on NA and EU servers). But on EU we have cowardly archers like Shokoshugi, Timour and others who will never come close to help their teammates.

I'm siege archer, with 2 ATH, 24 kg of gear on my back and just 1 PS. But I'm often near the flag, helping teammates to either conquer it or defend it. Have 2/18 scores every round. But I'm more useful than any of those sharpshooters with 20/2 scores. How is that possible? That's because they are pussies as I said, they will never come close to the flag. They also will back off if you shoot them unless they are Druzhina (they never play alone, always come in archer packs). Means that just one hit in the body of very accurate EU archer is enough to scare him and force him to change his position, while my team defended/capped the flag and won the round.

You can try to fix this by forcing certain playstyle but you'll never truly fix it. Most long-term archers on EU come from a far and have high ping. They will never play melee with less than 70 body armor and 10 PS. That is why they are shooting.

What you are suggesting is similar to siege on open plains, most people dislike it.

What do you expect? To enter in a fight with a pickaxe? Do you know why archers wear light equipment? Maybe for insane arrow weight? Ranged adapt as melee do. Pure ranged builds avoid melee because it are not their strenght. I don't see a full tincan shooting with a bow and 0 pd, so don't expect a 0ps ranged to come into a melee. I see it reasonable. You can like it or not but it's a natural behaviour.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2014, 09:44:04 pm »
+2
Do you know why archers wear light equipment? Maybe for insane arrow weight?

No, if i could use hi weight armor without loss ow wpf i'll run around in plate :D
Archer forever :D

Offline Lactating Vegetables

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Aurora/ Lactating Vegetables/ Aurora_Borealis/ Hirovard
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2014, 10:32:22 pm »
Whats the point in a 0 PS archer fighting that 7 PS melee guy? the archer is going to loose 99% of the time so why bother? After all, all the archer would be doing is playing to the melee guys strength, yet when an archer plays to their strength you all whine and bitch about it.

Aurora makes me grab a shield every game!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2469
  • Infamy: 1939
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2014, 10:55:51 pm »
+1
In battle mode it is pointless most of the time. But in siege, if you're near the flag blocking you're helping more than sniping players from distance. No matter how accurate you are and how fast you reload, you can't stop pack of enemy players ready to cap the flag.

I'm pleasantly surprised what I'm able to pull off with 2 ATH (feels like no ath because arrows weight a ton), 71 wpf in 1h, hatchet and just one PS. Soon I'll have 4 PS, and then I won't be so harmless anymore. Final build will have 7 ATH and 7 PS and that's completely different story.