Author Topic: What is the best 1h sword?  (Read 6205 times)

Offline xElite777x

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best 1h sword?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 11:09:39 pm »
I have the grosse messer, side sword, italian sword, and broad short sword all +3. They're all great weapons, just some are more appropriate for different play styles. When I had a long espada I enjoyed using that to outreach other people with my thrusts, but chances are you'll glance more often with that than the side sword because of the length. If you're using a shield, then go with what the others here have said. Short weapons with high swing damage and high speed are great for shielders. Especially if you aren't very good at stabbing yet.

Also, I believe that the higher your pierce damage on the thrust, the less likely you are to glance. I could be wrong though. So if you're going to be stabbing it is best to get a more balanced weapon in terms of swing/stab damage.

In your opinion what do you think the best weapon is for swinging?

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 11:10:55 pm »
In your opinion what do you think the best weapon is for swinging?

I would say (He might agree) that the Grosse Messer and Italian Falchion are the best two at swinging.  Although, the Grosse Messer is a bit slower and longer.  While the Italian Falchion is much shorter and faster.  (It is also 0 slots)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 11:12:02 pm »
Long espada you can easily buy for 2 loompoints, just put your offer and in a few days someone will accept it. YOu could even try to buy it for less than 2 lp.

I would say (He might agree) that the Grosse Messer and Italian Falchion are the best two at swinging.

Dunno why almost no one likes paramerion which is really great weapon.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:15:28 pm by Falka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xElite777x

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 11:15:03 pm »
I would say (He might agree) that the Grosse Messer and Italian Falchion are the best two at swinging.  Although, the Grosse Messer is a bit slower and longer.  While the Italian Falchion is much shorter and faster.  (It is also 0 slots)

Ok and do you know what the Long Espada looks like with a loom point? Right now I don't like the look but that is just looking at the picture.

Offline xElite777x

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 11:15:34 pm »
Long espada you can easily buy for 2 loompoints, just put your offer and in a few days someone will accept it. YOu could even try to buy it for less than 2 lp.

Umm well I thought two loom points was worth like 700k.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 11:19:01 pm »
+1
Necro's got it, those two and the dao weapons are nice as well (liuyedao and niuweidao specifically) because they're very fast and fairly strong at +3, and they can't actually thrust so you won't get any of those accidental glances that just end up getting you killed anyway.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 11:20:50 pm »
+2
Ok and do you know what the Long Espada looks like with a loom point? Right now I don't like the look but that is just looking at the picture.

All of the weapons look the same with a loompoint unless you download a texture pack of some sort.  If that is the case than I have no clue.  If you want to find out the stats of a loomed item, go to the regular item in the store.  Then click "Ranks"  It will tell you the difference.

Dunno why almost no one likes paramerion which is really great weapon.

It is a great weapon for dueling and horseback.  Although, I am a shielder who fights groups of enemies often.  The backswing on that thing will hook onto everything behind me like glue, which will leave me open.  Only reason I do not like longer weapons.

Offline xElite777x

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 11:22:09 pm »
Necro's got it, those two and the dao weapons are nice as well (liuyedao and niuweidao specifically) because they're very fast and fairly strong at +3, and they can't actually thrust so you won't get any of those accidental glances that just end up getting you killed anyway.

So what sword is your favorite?

Offline xElite777x

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 11:25:03 pm »
All of the weapons look the same with a loompoint unless you download a texture pack of some sort.  If that is the case than I have no clue.  If you want to find out the stats of a loomed item, go to the regular item in the store.  Then click "Ranks"  It will tell you the difference.

It is a great weapon for dueling and horseback.  Although, I am a shielder who fights groups of enemies often.  The backswing on that thing will hook onto everything behind me like glue, which will leave me open.  Only reason I do not like longer weapons.

Thanks for that and you said you don't like the longer swords like the Long Espada so what 1h weapon is your favorite?

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 11:27:18 pm »
+1
Out of those? The grosse messer. My opinion is a little biased though, as I haven't tried the others as much as I should have.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 11:27:46 pm »
+1
Thanks for that and you said you don't like the longer swords like the Long Espada so what 1h weapon is your favorite?

My favorite used to be the Short Broad Sword.  Although, I have started to use the Grosse Messer and I am really liking it as of now.

Hint for future posts:  Do not double post in threads, it is against the rules.  Just modify your last post and add something to the end of it.  Or get everything you want to say out at one time.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 11:32:36 pm »
+2
Elite Scimitar. Good damage, good length, great speed, curved blade. Got everything but a stab.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 12:33:42 am »
Side sword or Italian sword are the best IMO

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 12:44:33 am »
Elite Scimitar. Good damage, good length, great speed, curved blade. Got everything but a stab.

and look. Ugly piece of junk :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 01:31:11 am »
+2
Long Espada is fantastic. You get enough reach that it is harder for everyone to just S key out of your swing then hit you in the face... it also has a wicked stab if you get good with it. The Broad Short Sword is also really damn good even after the recent nerf, it has good cut and a good stab and good speed just short reach. Grosse Messer is cool too but the stab sucks, if you are ok with not having a good stab I would just take an axe.