Author Topic: I know you don't care. Still worth a try. [cute kitten inside!]  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
I know you don't care. Still worth a try. [cute kitten inside!]
« on: December 02, 2014, 05:12:54 pm »
+12
Hey guys - I know you have squeezed the last cents out of your credit cards to support the donkey crew in their lost cause very successful Kickstarter campaign.

Yet - there are other things in this world as well beyond gaming and the dark basements most of you are hiding in...

So I ask you for your promotional help and/or money. The goal is way less ambitious, the effects way more immediate.

We (my friend and me) are currently in a tight spot (financially and man-power wise) here, trying to help a few wounded / neglected / underfed / not neutered dogs and cats in the neighborhood.

So I have started a billion dollar kickstarter campaign a little GoFundMe fundraiser.

Link it, facebook it, tweet it or otherwise promote it, if you will.
And if you have some cash available - a wounded tomcat, a dog with a nasty skin problem, another pregnant little dog, a BUNCH of nameless cats and kitten and an old Hermit would be quite grateful.

Link to campaign: http://www.gofundme.com/helppetsinparaguay

Supporting facebook page with more images & updates:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paraguay-Pet-Support-Fundraiser/724550017623027

imgur-Album with link to fundraiser: http://imgur.com/gallery/725vy

Reddit (I iz new there, so no direct fundraiser link, just up that link to the imgur album:
http://www.reddit.com/user/MartinTheWanderer

All pages/threads could use some likes/shares/tweets/whatevers if you have a minute. Thanks!

This is one of the little buggers we try to care for (and find a new home for him):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trying to keep them fed - some of the cats and one of the dogs we are currently taking care of in addition to our own:

(thats my friend Sibylle btw - she gets a bowl of rice sometimes as well... )
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:10:10 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
Re: I know you don't care. Still worth a try. [cute kitten inside!]
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »
+1
Sorry there are enough humans to care about.
Dogs and cats can go full Darwin(only the fittest survive).
I understand your feeling toward a living creature that needs your emediate help but I don't think there is use to transfere money to the other end of the world to save a cat if I could save a human as well.
Good luck!

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 05:53:23 pm »
+5
Sorry there are enough humans to care about.

I respect that point of view - even if my life and experience has led me to quite the opposite.
BTW most of the animals we try to help / neuter / feed here atm belong to an old man and ex-monk who spent most of his life helping others (humans)  and now lives off almost nothing since humans are an incredibly grateful species...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 05:57:44 pm »
+4
I could only spare 10 euros but if that will do any good at all I'll be happy.

Good luck to you man!

Love, Prpavi

You Utrakil I'm in a really bad mood today and could say allot of things to you right now... but I won't because that would make us the same.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 06:28:39 pm »
+2
Animal philanthropy, always worth the money

Here's one of mine for shits and giggles.  Warning: cat is a cyclops, not for the squeamish

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 07:29:23 pm »
+6
Sybille's nose makes me wanna donate......
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 08:20:00 pm »
+1
Does the project have a limited time? this isn't really the right time for me or else I would gladly have donated, but if there isn't any limit ill be able to give a few in the future.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 08:45:11 pm »
I could only spare 10 euros but if that will do any good at all I'll be happy.

Thanks man! it is a start - and here in Paraguay some things (like meds) are relatively cheap, so 10 bucks are way better than nothing!!!

Does the project have a limited time? this isn't really the right time for me or else I would gladly have donated, but if there isn't any limit ill be able to give a few in the future.

AFAIK the GoFundMe campaigns are NOT time restricted.

I can not support stray/other people's animals from my own very limited (AKA non-existent...) funds - therefor the fundraiser. GoFundMe donations are payed out weekly, and we will do the most urgent things first, like getting the sick/wounded guys to a vet. But we will need more on an ongoing basis - for food and to get at least the females neutered, so the problem does not multiply any more...

Right now we YET another problem - Flocki, the little dog in the picture, raided another neighbor's chickens last night (that happens if dogs get a completely unbalanced diet... ) and killed a few dozen chicklets... fuck me... now the owner thinks about shooting the poor little fucker... humans...

Sybille's nose makes me wanna donate......

LOL - you guys are related, eh? LMAO. But hey, whatever reason - if someone opens his wallet, it is a good reason! :)

BTW in case someone has problems with Stripe - Paypal address is mh (at) elfenwald.org - I will list those donations manually on the campaign site, GoFundMe supports tracking of "offline" donations. 

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 08:57:43 pm »
+3
My sympathies are with the innocent and defenseless. Humans are very rarely the former.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 09:27:25 pm »
+3
Dogs and cats can go full Darwin(only the fittest survive).

This made me think.

Humans have developed a society that provides for those who are not fit to survive. While those are not fit to survive typically won't reproduce, some will (rednecks and hilljacks). Animals will continue to develop and evolve over the ages due to darwinism, and perhaps someday, we'll be the reverse in this scenario.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 09:46:24 pm »
+3
This made me think.

Humans have developed a society that provides for those who are not fit to survive. While those are not fit to survive typically won't reproduce, some will (rednecks and hilljacks). Animals will continue to develop and evolve over the ages due to darwinism, and perhaps someday, we'll be the reverse in this scenario.

Fuck that eugenics "not fit to live" shit.  If I can afford it without burdening the rest of society with the cost, I'm going to take care of it, be it human or animal.

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 09:57:43 pm »
+2
Question about your campaign; are your goals in order of importance? The animals will survive with what you feed them plus what they can get on their own, but I would definitely prioritize the sterilization and medication.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 09:59:57 pm »
+2
Question about your campaign; are your goals in order of importance? The animals will survive with what you feed them plus what they can get on their own, but I would definitely prioritize the sterilization and medication.

This, neutering, deworming, and feline leukemia tests are the first things on my list

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 10:05:11 pm »
+2
I think this goes without saying.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 10:17:27 pm »
+2

Of course. Priority is medication. I have treated the dog with the skin problems with what I have, but it is not ideal. Same with the wounded tomcat - wound needs to be properly sewn. Vets here in Paraguay are a long story (most of them are only interested in cattle and don't give a shit), but a guy I know seemingly found one who is not a butcher and is a bit more knowledgeable...   

Sterilization is the most important topic - unfortunately the most expensive, so that has to wait until some funds poured in. Plus I have to negotiate hard with the owner on that point - he dislikes the idea, but can't handle the offspring either. So he WILL be convinced. I will slap him with an Elder's Stick, if need be.  :mrgreen:

De-Worming meds (we use natural stuff like papaya seeds for prevention, but every couple months you need to feed them one of those nasty pills...) etc. are included in the "stock up on meds" point, not that urgent, but important as well.

So basically: yes, there are priorities, but we have to try and balance what we can do to support the animals with what is possible right now. This is a different world here (leukemia tests? much lol - nobody ever heard of that here, I bet... ) and if you are short on cash it does not make things easier.