Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 488861 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #2490 on: April 09, 2014, 12:20:46 pm »
Best way to solve internal problem is to find external enemy.
wthat's why u hate putin and not ur goverment
Pull your head out of your ass, open eyes and be happy  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BIA_ivani4

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ivani4
  • IRC nick: Ivani4
« Reply #2491 on: April 09, 2014, 03:34:11 pm »
+1
...Best way to solve internal problem is to find external enemy. ...
It is the way today the governments of the EU countries and Ukraine. Why should Russia seek "external enemy"? Russia has always called "the invaders". "Outside enemy" we have always. To turn on the TV or radio is very simple. Huge and is not limited choice. Plug and "enjoy" threads "objective information" shit about Russians about Russia. So it was in the 20th century, this continues in the 21st century. It does not need Putin, Zhirinovsky, Medvedev or Zyuganov...
Europe considers Russia an enemy? Yes. But Russia is not convinced by the enemy EU. The U.S. sent warships in black sea pool. Let it swim (they floated and during the conflict in South Ossetia). This is the USA will have to think how to save his ships, if something will not happen so. Who should be afraid of Russia? Lithuanian "Forest brothers"? Crazy Yarosh, Tymoshenko? The Polish Army? Even my grandma laugh.  :mrgreen:
However, if You do not periodically to scare, "the civilized world" begins to engage in hooliganism and banditry. When the EU and the US, there is no pressure from Russia, "the bold hawks democracy" fly to do with " freedom in a totalitarian country". Yugoslavia, Libya, Iraq, Syria... Who needs an "external enemy"? Who uses this ' trusted ' principle for many years?  :rolleyes:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: April 09, 2014, 06:27:11 pm »
Ivani and Vovka do you know Garry Kasparov ?

Oh look, its the french lord of shitlords

Oh look, its the turkish lord of shitlords.

You see... I don't care, but you definitely do.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: April 09, 2014, 06:51:52 pm »
+1

Oh mighty enlightened russian who receives the most pure and legimate news on earth, will u help us see these situations clearer.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:56:36 pm by Tibe »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2961
  • Infamy: 1745
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: April 09, 2014, 07:49:36 pm »
+3
News you receive aren't any better than RT and stuff. That's the nature of the media. I remember very well what CNN and BBC were reporting while planes were dropping bombs on a hill near the place I'm living. Bunch of bullshit and lies.

Thankfully, we have fast way to spread news directly, from one person to another. But they want to take that away from us.

Westerners aren't morally superior to Russians or Chinese in any way, doesn't matter how hard they try to project it on others. Eastern powers are just more honest in their ways, more blunt. Westerners tend to sugarcoat a lot more.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #2495 on: April 09, 2014, 07:51:14 pm »
+2
Still BBC version of what's happening in Ukraine is much, MUCH closer to truth than what we can see on russian TV.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2813
  • Infamy: 809
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: April 09, 2014, 08:02:56 pm »
+3
That's because situation is good for them so no need to lie. Russians din't sprout lies during bombing of Yugoslavia, because they had no interest to do so. Other side was already doing bad stuff, no need to present it than how it actually is.

What west is lying about is true backstory of Maidan. I know how that kind of revolution goes and who stands behind it. Tovi said one true thing, there were Otpor guys at Maidan. They were also present in Yugoslavia in 2000 where it all started.

Otpor members were instrumental in inspiring and providing hands-on training to several other civic youth organizations in Eastern Europe and elsewhere, including Kmara[107] in the Republic of Georgia (itself partly responsible for the downfall of Eduard Shevardnadze), Pora (black)[108][109] (which was part of the Orange Revolution) and Vidsich (opposing the president Viktor Yanukovych) in Ukraine, Zubr[107] in Belarus (opposing the president Alexander Lukashenko), MJAFT![110] in Albania, Oborona[111] in Russia (opposing the president Vladimir Putin), KelKel[109] in Kyrgyzstan (active in the revolution that brought down the president Askar Akayev), Bolga in Uzbekistan[112] (opposing Islam Karimov) and Nabad-al-Horriye[113] in Lebanon. A similar group of students was present in Venezuela against Hugo Chávez. In 2008, an April 6 Youth Movement was founded in Egypt, the group which has facilitated and joined the 2011 Egyptian protests, and took advice from Otpor in the process.

Source

Otpor is financed by US Congress and most of initial members were trained in USA.

Hopefully, you'll remember my words in five years or so when you realize how much bullshit you've been fed.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #2497 on: April 09, 2014, 08:29:40 pm »
+1
That's because situation is good for them so no need to lie. Russians din't sprout lies during bombing of Yugoslavia, because they had no interest to do so. Other side was already doing bad stuff, no need to present it than how it actually is.

What west is lying about is true backstory of Maidan. I know how that kind of revolution goes and who stands behind it. Tovi said one true thing, there were Otpor guys at Maidan. They were also present in Yugoslavia in 2000 where it all started.

Source

Otpor is financed by US Congress and most of initial members were trained in USA.

Hopefully, you'll remember my words in five years or so when you realize how much bullshit you've been fed.

FU Leshma. You took a paragraph out of context and presented it like another conspiracy theory.  From the same article:
"Otpor! (Serbian Cyrillic: Отпор!, English: Resistance!) was a civic youth movement that existed from 1998 until 2003 in Serbia (then a federal unit within FR Yugoslavia), employing nonviolent struggle against the regime of Slobodan Milošević as their course of action. In the course of two-year nonviolent struggle against Milošević, Otpor spread across Serbia and attracted more than 70,000 supporters. They were credited for their role in the successful overthrow of Slobodan Milošević on 5 October 2000.[1]

Otpor had an important "watch dog" role after the October 5, 2000 revolution. It launched campaigns to hold the new government accountable, pressing for democratic reforms and fighting corruption, as well as the unpopular cooperation with International Criminal Tribunal (ICTY) at the Hague.[2] In 2003, the group transformed into a political party, failed to pass the 5% threshold and win seats in the Serbian National assembly on elections, and soon ceased its activities by merging into the Democratic Party (DS)."

Also - youths being inspired by other successful youths is... like.... INTERNET MEME stuff. Its contagious, it uses the same symbol in their adapted situation, its NOTHING FRIGGIN NEW :)

CIA guys were present in Lithuania during 1990 CCCP attempts to install military rule. It was their advise to avoid armed resistance, what course to take, "do's" and "don'ts". Your mileage may wary, but I sure as hell would pick that help over what I see over the border in neighboring Belorussia or even the same russia (barring Moscow and St.Peterburg. Oh, and Sochi... :rolleyes:), which is where we would have ended.

Do you feel a difference in wiring x amount of cash to a movement, that you support Vs invading and annexing part of neighboring FRIENDLY nation? Because it sure as hell sounds like you don't.

It is the way today the governments of the EU countries and Ukraine. Why should Russia seek "external enemy"? Russia has always called "the invaders". "Outside enemy" we have always. To turn on the TV or radio is very simple. Huge and is not limited choice. Plug and "enjoy" threads "objective information" shit about Russians about Russia. So it was in the 20th century, this continues in the 21st century. It does not need Putin, Zhirinovsky, Medvedev or Zyuganov...
Europe considers Russia an enemy? Yes. But Russia is not convinced by the enemy EU. The U.S. sent warships in black sea pool. Let it swim (they floated and during the conflict in South Ossetia). This is the USA will have to think how to save his ships, if something will not happen so. Who should be afraid of Russia? Lithuanian "Forest brothers"? Crazy Yarosh, Tymoshenko? The Polish Army? Even my grandma laugh.  :mrgreen:
However, if You do not periodically to scare, "the civilized world" begins to engage in hooliganism and banditry. When the EU and the US, there is no pressure from Russia, "the bold hawks democracy" fly to do with " freedom in a totalitarian country". Yugoslavia, Libya, Iraq, Syria... Who needs an "external enemy"? Who uses this ' trusted ' principle for many years?  :rolleyes:
Are you fucking kidding me? "if you want EU to be peacefull, you have to smash it in the face from time to time"? Seriously? Do you REALLY think this is the only way to coexist with your neighbor? How do your neigbors react to you threatening them from time to time, just you know... to keep friendly, constructive and "balanced" relations? Sad dude, sincerely sad.
wthat's why u hate putin and not ur goverment
Please... I hate my current government WITH A PASSION. Though... a disclaimer: please refrain from invading and safeguarding me from my own hate by installing some puppet suitable for putler. kthxbai :)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: April 09, 2014, 10:24:54 pm »

Source

Ho my, they are supporting the opposition of Hugo Chavez. These guys are soooo evil.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: April 09, 2014, 11:13:21 pm »
That's because situation is good for them so no need to lie.

In no other developed country a goverment would dare to take such drastic measures with such straightforward awnsers cause the public would lynch them almost at an instant and their political opponents would use it as ammo to gain ground. If you rule a country with an iron fist, there's no point of wasting energy on covering it up. So I dont think their situation is good. They just dont lie because the truth doesnt really harm the decisionmakers positions internally. Nobody wants to spend resource on sugarcoating, but it mostly has to be done. The fact that in Russia nobody even mostly bothers is bad at most part for the russians themselves and everyone else. Cause its kinda oblivious they dont give a crap about foregin relations.

Offline BIA_ivani4

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ivani4
  • IRC nick: Ivani4
« Reply #2500 on: April 09, 2014, 11:44:56 pm »
...Are you fucking kidding me? "if you want EU to be peacefull, you have to smash it in the face from time to time"? Seriously? Do you REALLY think this is the only way to coexist with your neighbor? How do your neigbors react to you threatening them from time to time, just you know... to keep friendly, constructive and "balanced" relations?...
Quite seriously. Look at the situation in the Donbas. Supporters of a Federal Ukraine demanded: "to Hold a referendum on the status of regions. And then to hold elections of the President". The Supreme Rada in Kyiv urgently adopt the law against such people and such "bad" actions. Now they are "separatists" and criminals. Announced the beginning of the antiterrorist operation. Verkhovna Rada Aparion calls to physically destroy supporters of a Federal system, calls them "being" worthy only of death"... (by the Way, in the EU or the US have such deputies? Such words it is possible to hear in parliaments?)
In a Federal system of government has advantages and disadvantages. Russia Federation. Probably, Russia is a bad example. The USA and Germany - are the same Federal States. In the USA, by the way, each state determines itself - what language can and should lead the state administration. In some States of the USA, the "official" are two and more ... But, now is not about "political views in the East of Ukraine, and not about the brutal persecution of dissenters" (while this is not the case)...
Question: what keeps the Ukrainian authorities to fulfill their threats? Answer: Fear. The Ukrainian authorities fear the actions of the Russian side. Serr (man reflects the opinion of the television of Ukraine) accurately said:
...Protesters have firearms and don't even try to hide them. Now I don't see good way to solve this, there will be bloodshed. Its scale totally depends on Russia's actions now...
What Russia they waiting for? Guarantees of "non-interference"? In vain. Maybe for You is a paradox. Nevertheless, the fear of Russia allows you still keep the situation in Ukraine from the beginning of hostilities, civil war. While the Ukrainian authorities are afraid of Russia - bloodshed will not. There is a time and place for the negotiation process.

P.S. Kafein, Are you interested in the history of chess? We have a lot of very talented players. Sadly only that they are all a little crazy.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2935
  • Infamy: 2825
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: April 09, 2014, 11:46:07 pm »
Ho my, they are supporting the opposition of Hugo Chavez. These guys are soooo evil.

How many times I have to tell you there is no good or evil. For a scientist, you sure believe in god.

They aren't evil, but they are indeed paid by USA to bring democracy to the world. However, every country is independent and has laws against such activities which ultimate goal is to replace legally elected government by so called revolution.

Proof that what they are doing doesn't work is the fact that after few years people realize they made a wrong move supporting so called young revolutionaries. I would always support real revolution, but these paid ones smell bad and leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Otpor is now called CANVAS.

Fakeing Revolution - OTPOR - promoting Capitalism under Leftist Guise

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1122
  • Infamy: 2194
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: April 09, 2014, 11:47:32 pm »
+1
In no other developed country a goverment would dare to take such drastic measures with such straightforward awnsers cause the public would lynch them almost at an instant and their political opponents would use it as ammo to gain ground. If you rule a country with an iron fist, there's no point of wasting energy on covering it up. So I dont think their situation is good. They just dont lie because the truth doesnt really harm the decisionmakers positions internally. Nobody wants to spend resource on sugarcoating, but it mostly has to be done. The fact that in Russia nobody even mostly bothers is bad at most part for the russians themselves and everyone else. Cause its kinda oblivious they dont give a crap about foregin relations.

What do you know about developed countries, you live in Latvia ffs...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: April 09, 2014, 11:58:02 pm »
+1
How many times I have to tell you there is no good or evil. For a scientist, you sure believe in god.
What do you think people are who kill children and women by the thousands? People responsible for the Rwandan Genocide etc?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: April 10, 2014, 12:12:57 am »
What do you think people are who kill children and women by the thousands? People responsible for the Rwandan Genocide etc?
People with different norms and values which are as valid as anyone else's.