Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 488950 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2014, 04:04:36 am »
I was really hoping those "protesters" in the first video were going to get shot. Or at least brutally beat up. Retards.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2014, 04:16:11 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2014, 06:18:45 am »
+4
I think seeing those last vids, its pretty clear the cycle of hatred is complete now. There is even more brutality when it comes to civilians than policemen : putting people on fire and using 2x4 beats rubber bullets and sticks.
Seeing the guy in the first vid get unshielded and repeatedly beaten in the head while he's trying to get behind his other shieldmates was just wow. And then the few isolated policemen who cant run up the stairs with the others are properly lynched, I wonder what happens to them backstage.

And all this to join a european union I'm a part of and have nothing good to say about it :P

Now to be clear I'm not naive about violence, but when you see this you cant listen seriously to those guys who talks about peaceful protestation and that we should put international sanctions on Ukraine for their undemocratic use of force. If the people of this country wish to use force to overthrow their government, then deal with the backlash without using the media as hypocratically as those they are fighting against... But I think its just going to end like all those european "revolutions" where a political party calm everyone down with promises of doing everything the protesters want, run for the elections, wins, do the same shit all over again. What can happen but a new Orange Revolution? Well, at least the country will move and thats better than staying the same!

Whats even funny is that in France, we only see videos of protestants being beat up and reports of hundreds of wounded/dead civilians (some by gunfire, but its never precised who shot) never one video on the civilians doing the bashing or policemen casualties.
Its EXACTLY the opposite when there is a french protest against the government, you only hear about how violent the protesters are and how they ransacked such and such places, how they wounded police officers and destroyed X cars/shops/houses.
If Ukraine was trying to leave the European Union instead of trying to join it, I'm sure our national media would only transmit videos of civilians bashing policemen heads-in  :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:28:51 am by Butan »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2014, 07:55:22 am »
+6
I think seeing those last vids, its pretty clear the cycle of hatred is complete now. There is even more brutality when it comes to civilians than policemen : putting people on fire and using 2x4 beats rubber bullets and sticks.

Does it, though? As far as I know there are no dead cops yet. On the other hand there are several dead civilians.

But yeah, this probably hasn't got much to do with the EU anymore. I'm sure many of them just want to see the cops bleed at this point.

The government is more or less responsible for that escalation, though. The protests were largely peaceful before, but then Yanukovich tried to force them to stop with a violent crackdown. That has clearly backfired now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:20:23 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2014, 12:56:58 pm »
+2
without any implied judgement: a revolution goes hand in hand with violence,  and this looks like a revolution in the making.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2014, 03:12:37 pm »
+2
I remember the times when some Brits did the same(& worser) to some other Brits. Then 'Murrica was formed  :rolleyes:
Same goes for French, Russian & other revolutions.
It's never pretty & sometimes it leads to even worser regime(like Soviet Russia), but it had to be done. Otherwise we will still be bitches of some feudal or church, giving them everything we have & working 12h a day until you die at age 40.

Of coarse it better to use democratic measures like referendums, voting & other stuff like that, but sometimes it is not enough.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2014, 03:18:31 pm »
+2
They should nerf shielders in Ukraine. Maybe buff throwers a lil' bit.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2014, 03:34:27 pm »
+1
without any implied judgement: a revolution goes hand in hand with violence,  and this looks like a revolution in the making.

While all revolutions in the making looked like angry mobs, not all angry mobs end up being revolutions. Logic !

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »
+3
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2014, 05:11:17 pm »
+3
I simply don't trust this movement. The cause is right but the actions taken are goin overboard imo. Also there are far too much chocolate chip cookies/ right wing demonstrants in theese vids.
I doubt a gouvernement made by them would be better than the current one.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2014, 05:35:36 pm »
+1
I remember the times when some Brits did the same(& worser) to some other Brits. Then 'Murrica was formed  :rolleyes:
Same goes for French, Russian & other revolutions.
It's never pretty & sometimes it leads to even worser regime(like Soviet Russia), but it had to be done. Otherwise we will still be bitches of some feudal or church, giving them everything we have & working 12h a day until you die at age 40.

Of coarse it better to use democratic measures like referendums, voting & other stuff like that, but sometimes it is not enough.

Totally agree, my post below isnt meant to be against any revolution in the making. I just despise the way it is corrupted by some leading protester/media/politicians. Its even sadder when the angerly mob stops just a breath away from effectively topping the actual government. If it doesnt succeed, then the blood spilt will have been spilt just for the fun of a few stupid boys who likes violence for violence sake and think of those kind of national event like a big playground where they can do whatever they want without being punished.

So here's to Ukraine sacking every politicians actually in place  :)  dont let anyone steal the glory

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2014, 07:32:18 pm »
+4
oh no he broke a camera
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »

And all this to join a european union I'm a part of and have nothing good to say about it :P

Think its more about joining the lesser evil. Would you rather be influenced by Russia or the West? Not going to pretend I know more about this region than I do, but I believe there are also older people involved in this who remember what it was like to be under Russia's influence.

Human rights are pretty shitty in Russia. Just look at how they treat a simple band like Pussy Riot or their recent treatment of gays. Plus state run media, no say in who governs etc. I wouldn't want anything to do with them
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2014, 11:49:18 pm »
+2
Most of the countries, that have been under Kremlin's rule, want to have nothing to do with Russia.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2014, 12:25:27 am »
+3
This is true ptx..  I honestly think Ukraine are better off with EU, one day, perhaps russia too.

Europeans needs to stick together to face off Murica and China!

Euros are not that different from each other, just some systems are shittier than others. Russian system is clearly inferior to EU, although none are perfect.

And russian system is not a reflection of russian soul. Just the people live and gets corrupted in a bad system for too long. Russians I've met are warm, kind and intelligent, with an unhealthy dose of cynicism.. Muricans are warm, kind and unintelligent. :D

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:55:53 am by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.