Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 489339 times)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2014, 02:33:43 pm »
+3
Not cool - those are people burning there... not cool at all.

Yeah, well, things are tough all over. And while they're people, they're not exactly the nicest people.

As for molotovs:
(click to show/hide)

What's the point of these protests? Seems pretty dumb to continue them for this long.

Did you not hear about the new set of laws? I think the point is to tell the government to go fuck themselves.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:17:16 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2014, 02:51:41 pm »
+2
any examples?

Thailand is doing a turn of that circle atm.

This vid in the post above is terriffying shit. It's frustrating taht there are so many shitheads in the police aswell, at least if you judge it by the video. I bet everyone of the jerks hitting that guy feels really cool about beating someone who is already ready to go into a hospital. Sadly there are jerks everywhere...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:02:53 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2014, 02:56:44 pm »
+2
Thailand is doing a turn of that circle atm.

Not to add all revolutions I heard from were all basically stolen from people not coming from those revolutions.
All others were just stomped to the ground.

The media impedes real revolutions from happening (oh noes, blood is bad! peaceful only!), and the modern repressive tools stop any revolution leader from emerging (that guy is leading this mob, he's a terrorist lets put him in jail!).

Maybe it was pretty much like that since forever, just with more primitive tools, but its very sad to hear that recently formed government are doing pretty much the same shit all over again.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:00:41 pm by Butan »

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2014, 03:04:56 pm »
+1

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2014, 03:15:41 pm »
+1
Did you not hear about the new set of laws? I think the point is to tell the government to go fuck themselves.
By getting beat up?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2014, 03:18:55 pm »
Hey, at least they're trying. There's also talk of international sanctions against the Ukraine over this shit, so there's that.
Don't.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2014, 03:26:45 pm »
+2
Hey, at least they're trying. There's also talk of international sanctions against the Ukraine over this shit, so there's that.

Being as effective as in Syria or Iran?  :lol:
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2014, 03:28:40 pm »
+1
Well, I guess if you don't mind possibly dying or getting permanently injured in the hope of some international sanctions that could potentially maybe be effective, then sure.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2014, 03:31:37 pm »
It's not exactly like they have a lot of other options. It's either protest or let Yanukovych have his way.

Being as effective as in Syria or Iran?  :lol:

Probably, but what can you do?
Don't.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2014, 03:52:15 pm »
+13
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2014, 03:57:54 pm »
"New laws "rammed through" the Ukraine parliament to curb protests are "anti-democratic," US Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday, adding that the legislation also violated EU norms.

"We believe deeply that the people of Ukraine want to affiliate, they want to be associated with Europe," Kerry said, noting the new laws "are anti-democratic, they're wrong, they are taking from the people of Ukraine, their choice and their opportunity for the future.""

Thanks Kerry, where were you when Occupy Wall Street was going on?
And how!

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2014, 03:58:33 pm »
+3
This vid in the post above is terriffying shit. It's frustrating taht there are so many shitheads in the police aswell, at least if you judge it by the video. I bet everyone of the jerks hitting that guy feels really cool about beating someone who is already ready to go into a hospital. Sadly there are jerks everywhere...

Well, policemen are a part of society, they are no different from the rest of population. Same goes for politicians. That is why i dont really "believe" in civil wars and such. You will end up having same shit as before, probably even worse. I don't know why exactly, or at what point a society begin producing fanatic savages - intolerant, deaf and blind to any arguments, but when it happened - it's time to pack and move on!

I am not taking sides with anyone in Ukraine or Syria - imo they are all wrong. Nothing good comes out of it, only broken promises, false hopes, poverty, humiliation, repressions etc.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2014, 04:04:49 pm »
+2
Well, policemen are a part of society, they are no different from the rest of population. Same goes for politicians. That is why i dont really "believe" in civil wars and such. You will end up having same shit as before, probably even worse. I don't know why exactly, or at what point a society begin producing fanatic savages - intolerant, deaf and blind to any arguments, but when it happened - it's time to pack and move on!

I am not taking sides with anyone in Ukraine or Syria - imo they are all wrong. Nothing good comes out of it, only broken promises, false hopes, poverty, humiliation, repressions etc.

Also, most revolutions fail or end up in even worse conditions then before it happened.
And how!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 842
  • Infamy: 2824
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2014, 04:17:28 pm »
+2
What's the point of these protests? Seems pretty dumb to continue them for this long.

Some people want money and power. So they mobilize major crowd, while being supported from outside (money, resources). After it's done, they get their positions and power but have to give back something to foreign forces that allowed them to do this. Has nothing to do with common folks, they just act like cannon fodder.

There's a word for it, it's called transition. It happened in every post soviet block state and is happening in some even today (Ukraine is one of them). As long they are resources to steal, this will happen.

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2014, 05:43:48 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)