Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 489368 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #6930 on: October 03, 2014, 12:46:12 pm »
Now that's a good reason to invade and grab land from another country if I ever heard one :rolleyes:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Anuran

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
« Reply #6931 on: October 03, 2014, 12:55:17 pm »
Now that's a good reason to invade and grab land from another country if I ever heard one :rolleyes:

Didn't know Putin invaded eastern Ukraine already. Wait, I think I've read it in the newspaper. It was like 6 or 7 times I think.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6932 on: October 03, 2014, 12:58:31 pm »
Who called these rebels "subhumans who have to be defeated"? One hint: it was not Putin. But that man I mean is happy that you (in)directly support him...
And according to some in russia - there are planes full of zombies, which are meant to publicly shame russia and Ukrainian forces crucify babies... before they eat them. Tru story. Cool story. Much important.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #6933 on: October 03, 2014, 01:40:25 pm »
+4
I think the kuujis's damaged brain still alive only because the feed in this topic   :P pls dont stop write here ! save kuujis!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: October 03, 2014, 02:19:29 pm »
I think the kuujis's damaged brain still alive only because the feed in this topic   :P pls dont stop write here ! save kuujis!
You are too cute :)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: October 03, 2014, 02:34:38 pm »
And according to some in ukraine - there are self-bombing rebels, which are meant to publicly shame ukraine and russian forces rape children... before they eat them. Tru story. Cool story. Much important.

Yeppers.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: October 03, 2014, 02:58:37 pm »
Yeppers.
Oh no you didn't... tell me my eyes are lying. Although... scratch that :) There are enough nutjobs telling enough bullshit on both sides  :rolleyes: No need to fret over it.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: October 03, 2014, 03:19:17 pm »
Read it somewhere that apparently Latvia got shitton richer from this crysis. Russian intellectuals are pretty much leaving Russia and placing their funds in other countries where in return the government gives them livingrights. You know what? This is actually quite nice. We'l just take all your smart people and money. Putin can keep his nationalist skinheads, since he clearly favors them so much. :rolleyes:

Cant really give you the source, since I cant find it in english, so it might aswell be moar propaganda and lies(I admit it, it happens), but its still a pretty hilarious thought that could be a potential possibility. A country like Russia, which pretty much favors nationalism, patrotism and selling raw resources over anything else is clearly no place for intellectuals.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: October 03, 2014, 03:50:33 pm »
The good old brain drain over-hyped phenomenon.

It is completely impossible that "intellectuals" all switch off like that, at best a few important ones who dislike the current government, and then if its just book sellers and philosophs its not going to hurt at all.
I would be more worried of scientists and military officiers selling their knowledge to other nations, but this is always way more "locked" for obvious reasons.
How money is linked to brain drain though? Money is more cynical and does not follow politics, the people who least welcomed economical sanctions are the capitalists...

The unrest in Ukraine boosted Russia population up to 1 million thanks to refugees, if they manage to assimilate them and give them jobs I think thats their win. While Ukraine is depopulated and many of its south east industrial zones are completely destroyed.
I would go as far as saying that its in Russia interest to not annex those barren no man's lands.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #6939 on: October 03, 2014, 03:51:13 pm »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: October 03, 2014, 03:57:48 pm »
Not lying but exaggerating a natural phenomenon.

Some are too eager to see any crack in Russia economy/diplomacy/whatever and I want to calm them  :P

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: October 03, 2014, 04:52:33 pm »
+1
Not lying but exaggerating a natural phenomenon.

Some are too eager to see any crack in Russia economy/diplomacy/whatever and I want to calm them  :P

The brain drain is real, but what it mostly does is weakening the opposition. It just shows that basic freedoms don't apply in Russia.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: October 03, 2014, 05:04:17 pm »
The good old brain drain over-hyped phenomenon.

It is completely impossible that "intellectuals" all switch off like that, at best a few important ones who dislike the current government, and then if its just book sellers and philosophs its not going to hurt at all.
I would be more worried of scientists and military officiers selling their knowledge to other nations, but this is always way more "locked" for obvious reasons.
How money is linked to brain drain though? Money is more cynical and does not follow politics, the people who least welcomed economical sanctions are the capitalists...
How is it so impossible? It happened before and it is pretty logical. And it wasnt booksellers and philosophs... It was IT workers, lawyers etc. Many cities constantly experience the brain drain phenomen cause inevitably some environments are just more suitable for certain professions. Like for example the town im currently in ideal for techwork, since its basically run by a massive uni and the government funds and media praises its technologicalprojects and IT companies like no tomorrow, since its basically the only thing we could shine with. These workers couldnt do jackshit in any other town and lessening governmentfunding would probably scare off most of them, due to well less ideal living/working conditions. The thing about "intellectuals" is that they are not idiots. They arent bound to stupid shit like patriotism and they are somewhat informed. If they clearly see their livelyhood threatened they bail out and other countries are more than happy to accept them.

As towns it also happens with countries. And money? Isnt really linked yea. Its just that Latvian law states that people who basically invest large sum of money into the country get the "green card".

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #6943 on: October 03, 2014, 05:18:33 pm »
Oh, I'm so tired of discussing evil Russia.
About Ukraine. In the center of Donetsk because of shelling 10 civilians were killed and was killed Laurent Etienne Du Pasquier from Red Cross. Separatists stated that Ukraine army bombed that regions, Kiev stated that separatists bombed that regions.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: October 03, 2014, 08:08:11 pm »
Still with the self bombing?  :rolleyes:

Link please if you have. I want a laugh.