Author Topic: World Cup 2014 Deutschland Uber Alles  (Read 54121 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Re: World Cup 2014 Deutschland Uber Alles
« Reply #1275 on: July 14, 2014, 07:28:27 pm »
+2
That's because they were trying to kill him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #1276 on: July 14, 2014, 07:59:54 pm »
Did anyone else notice that no Argentine player complaint when Schweinsteiger got treatment on the field in the last minutes of the game?
That's great respect for a player who took a severe beating but always stood up time after time.
Well because the game was 0-0 there ; argentina could select  for penalty shoots instead of playing the match.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #1277 on: July 14, 2014, 09:15:48 pm »
+2
Both teams did some stupidly hard stuff. But watching Schweini getting beaten to crap really made me angry.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 14, 2014, 09:29:18 pm »
+3
Did anyone else notice that no Argentine player complaint when Schweinsteiger got treatment on the field in the last minutes of the game?
That's great respect for a player who took a severe beating but always stood up time after time.

You mean they didn't complain that he was lying on the ground after they put him there?
Yeah, a lot of respect.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #1279 on: July 15, 2014, 04:17:53 am »
+6
But in the end...

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #1280 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:39 pm »
+13
My fav quotes from page 1-2 :
Brazil has by far the best defenders on the tournament. Marcelo is the reason why Real managed to win in the final. [...]
:lol:

A bunch of injuries on the German team lately.
Personally, I'd be surprised if Germany makes it into the quarter finals.

[...]Sadly Germany will probably not play a big role in this tournament. They have problems at too many positions.

No way, the german team is much weaker than the 2010 and 2006 ones were. Many players out of form, the defense unstable and a number of injuries lately.

Brazil, Argentina or maybe Spain.

I bet argentinia will win
Good job. Close one  8-)

France is obviously going to loose win one match then loose.

& Good job to Germany.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #1281 on: July 15, 2014, 02:56:56 pm »
I felt it since the beginning, since the first match against Croatia. Brazil had nothing to do in this tournament. No style or tactic whatsoever, players run like chicken without a head... It looked like Santos couple of years ago - pass to Neymar and see what happens. Unfortunately for Brazil one player solves nothing.

I'm happy they got humilliated, I can't stand their coach Scolari, what despicable grumpy man. Hopefully he'll be dismissed and get his arse kicked out of management.

Oh and I didnt expect Argentina to make it to the finals. Certainly Netherlands or even France deserved that spot far more. Goodbye to Messi, your career ends now. It was cool watching you these last years.

Congratulations to Germany, since Spain was forced out, I vouched for them. They lost 1 final and 1 semi-final to us. Poor Löw deserved this championship. They also have a similar style to us treating the ball nicely so, cheers!

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #1282 on: July 15, 2014, 03:13:53 pm »
+2
I felt it since the beginning, since the first match against Croatia. Brazil had nothing to do in this tournament. No style or tactic whatsoever, players run like chicken without a head... It looked like Santos couple of years ago - pass to Neymar and see what happens. Unfortunately for Brazil one player solves nothing.

I'm happy they got humilliated, I can't stand their coach Scolari, what despicable grumpy man. Hopefully he'll be dismissed and get his arse kicked out of management.

Oh and I didnt expect Argentina to make it to the finals. Certainly Netherlands or even France deserved that spot far more. Goodbye to Messi, your career ends now. It was cool watching you these last years.

Congratulations to Germany, since Spain was forced out, I vouched for them. They lost 1 final and 1 semi-final to us. Poor Löw deserved this championship. They also have a similar style to us treating the ball nicely so, cheers!
Argentina went so far by destroying the play-style of his oponent.
Germany went so far by developing their play-style.

(click to show/hide)

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil.
« Reply #1283 on: July 15, 2014, 04:04:03 pm »
The German team looks insane, but COLOMBIA! are going to win.
Belgium, who everyone's calling the underdogs are  deffo gunna flop.

I'd say i was spot on.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1284 on: July 17, 2014, 12:22:46 pm »
+1

Brazil 7th, Spain 8th, France 10th, 14th Italy, 16th Costa Rica, 17th Croatia aaand (iiit's cooooming home, iiit's coooming home... *sing*) on 20th... England  :twisted:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #1285 on: July 17, 2014, 02:12:35 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

What'S the purpose of this ranking anyway? (Except for determining the group heads at tourneys)

Summing up my pov on this World Cup: I'm really surprised about what the German team did there. I was rather sceptical at the beginning and I still think that the team is far from dominating world's football in the next years as some noobs in Germany are now already caliming.

I'm disappointed of Brazil's performance. I was aware that they had lost their role as football super power some time ago but I at least expected them to show more dedication with their fans behind them (just as the German team in 2006).

I'm also disappointed of the teams from Africa and Asia. I don't know for how long "experts" now predict that Asia/Africa will become serious opponents for the established nations, but this World Cup, (as well as the other tournaments) showed that from the Quarter final on it's still mainly an EU/SA thing. Ghana'S and Algeria'S performance vs Germany still deserve much respect and any team more effective would have kicked us out of the tournament.

I have, however, the impression that the US team is getting stronger and stronger with every World Cup they participate in. I'm not sure if I am happy about this. I mean, they are already #1 in almost everything, can't they just leave football to us?

Finally, the European teams:
The Netherlands impressed me a lot in their first match vs Spain though I am not sure how much Spain's weakness contributed to this. I had not watched any of NED'S games until the semifinal afterwards but even after Germany's 7-1 over BRA the prospect of having to meet NED in the final match scared the shit out of me.

England's performance was not really a big surprise to me. To me, someone who does know shit about English football, the English team consists of Rooney, Gerrard and some other random guys who could be replaced anytime by someone else, and this is surely the problem English football is facing right now.

To me Italy and Spain both seem to have  missed the chance to develop their teams further after their respective World Cup wins (just like Germany did after '90 and France after '98). I do not know about Italy, but I am sure we will see a stronger Spain at the Euro 2016 and the World Cup 2018.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:37:11 pm by Franke »
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #1286 on: July 17, 2014, 02:25:45 pm »
What the fuck, why is Greece even on there. They suck donkey ass.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #1287 on: July 17, 2014, 03:00:04 pm »
+1

England's performance was not really a big surprise to me. To me, someone who does know shit about English football, the English team consists of Rooney, Gerrard and some other random guys who could be replaced anytime by someone else, and this is surely the problem English football is facing right now.

I didn't expect us to make it out of the group stages and we didn't.

Personally, I feel one of the issues is due to the nature of the Premier League, it seems less and less young English players are getting their chance in the biggest league here because a of clubs rather just splash their cash and sign a ready made player from a foreign League, well, it's along those lines anyway. That's just my opinion of course.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 19, 2014, 10:41:45 am »
Germany victory theme