Author Topic: [GK] Great Khans - cav clan  (Read 190073 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [GK] Great Khans - cav clan
« Reply #915 on: July 11, 2012, 01:47:09 am »
+2
Although I don't spawn kill wouldn't it make more sense if you ran the fuck away from spawn as fast as you can? and shouldn't you be doing that anyway? plus your team-mates that spawn but then go AFK or don't move well.....that's their fauld  :wink:
The thing is, that if you don't spawn exactly at 6:59, the GK vultures arrive. Today for example, I spawned at 6:30 and there were 6 enemy horsemen at my spawn. Atleast 3 GK. Wacked Mushashi of its horse, typed 'die scum' only to get lanced in the back by another GK.

Just the entire mentality behind rushing to the enemy spawn immediately is so wrong. Mostly you really can't do anything in these situations, leaving you to die just after you spawned. The 3-6 minute wait is easily enough to find the GK thread and type 'cunts'. I might make this a tradition. Everytime I get killed at spawn by a GK I will type cunts in this thread. Consider it a free bump. Only feel offended when you are a spawnrushing cunt, the few other GK are cool.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #916 on: July 11, 2012, 02:02:21 am »
The thing is, that if you don't spawn exactly at 6:59, the GK vultures arrive. Today for example, I spawned at 6:30 and there were 6 enemy horsemen at my spawn. Atleast 3 GK. Wacked Mushashi of its horse, typed 'die scum' only to get lanced in the back by another GK.

Just the entire mentality behind rushing to the enemy spawn immediately is so wrong. Mostly you really can't do anything in these situations, leaving you to die just after you spawned. The 3-6 minute wait is easily enough to find the GK thread and type 'cunts'. I might make this a tradition. Everytime I get killed at spawn by a GK I will type cunts in this thread. Consider it a free bump. Only feel offended when you are a spawnrushing cunt, the few other GK are cool.

Learn to spawn faster then, and its your fault for stopping to type  :wink:

and feel free to rage here, thats why we play  8-)
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline MUSASHI_

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 11, 2012, 08:13:31 am »
I wish u good "cunting"^^

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #918 on: July 11, 2012, 09:31:47 am »
+3
if everyone who got spawnraped by GKs would type "cunt" in this thread, it would have the most replies on this forum
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #919 on: July 11, 2012, 09:35:24 am »
Every map being a (large) random plains map is the best spawnrape solution.  :D

(really, it is)
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #920 on: July 11, 2012, 09:47:22 am »
Every map being a (large) random plains map is the best spawnrape solution.  :D

Random plains map are awful, mountains everywhere, imo should be called random mountains ;d

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #921 on: July 11, 2012, 11:23:46 am »
+1
As soon as you teach your members to stop spawnraping. This was only directed to the people that do that.

wow are you serious ? hahaha

dont know how they do it eslewhere but here everybody are free to play as they see fit

anyway thanks for free bumps

Offline Kerrigan

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • WTF
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Kerrigan
« Reply #922 on: July 11, 2012, 02:04:32 pm »
+3
I do not spawnrape. Reasons are because I understand that it can be very annoying and it's a cheap way to get kills. No satisfaction for me anymore. I admit I used to do it quite a while ago when I was still a nub. I actually like to defend my spawn against spawnraping cav now. They will be like; noooooo my free kills.

On the other hand, there are some maps where spawns are relatively close to eachother and you can see the other team spawn. Archers on each team will shoot the enemy spawn straight away. This is also some kind of spawnraping is it not? So, I think the intention is the same on both cav and infantry, only difference is that cav can actually do it on every map, but if infantry could I think they would do the same.
Implementing a short 30-60 second training round would minimize the availability of spawnrape (first round spawnrape is the worst) because more people will spawn on time when the real rounds start and be ready.

Alas, I can not forbid my own clanmates to spawnrape. I can only advise them not to. But if they wish to spawnrape then so be it. It is not against the server rules.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #923 on: July 11, 2012, 02:39:03 pm »
Chaaan wheres the name of that show of the guy treking on a horse?

Also re: Spawnraping:

"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #924 on: July 11, 2012, 03:29:15 pm »
dont know how they do it eslewhere but here everybody are free to play as they see fit

It's true... otherwise chagan would have forced me to sell my mw javelins, buy a mw heavy lance and made me respec to something more viable than horse thrower :P

hey guys btw ;)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #925 on: July 11, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »
+1

If you're spawning late and you know it, take a spear (ashwood pike or warspear works perfectly), stand 'afk' on spawn and then spear them as they come galloping towards you. It may seem obvious but I've taken more than a few horseman straight off their horses and many of them insta-killed as a result due to the speed they are coming at you. I see no issue with spawnraping as it is perfectly easy to defend against. Even late spawning 2h have a good chance.

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #926 on: July 11, 2012, 03:49:13 pm »
Spawn rape is natural action of cavalry, we are meant to harass the enemies line of advancement and wear down there resolve for battle, thus giving infantry the advantage at the clash. people think spawn rape is about kills, its more about ensuring victory. ( admittedly most cav probably dont view it this way.)

also hey over and lorenzo, We need to play some hoplites, as i have a new mouse again! YAY I CAN BLOCK (well once i get setting right.
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 11, 2012, 04:02:16 pm »
If you're spawning late and you know it, take a spear (ashwood pike or warspear works perfectly), stand 'afk' on spawn and then spear them as they come galloping towards you. It may seem obvious but I've taken more than a few horseman straight off their horses and many of them insta-killed as a result due to the speed they are coming at you. I see no issue with spawnraping as it is perfectly easy to defend against. Even late spawning 2h have a good chance.
What about late spawning onehanders without shield? If you think half a dozen cav at spawn is easy to defend against you have no idea or only tried it with a pike.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #928 on: July 11, 2012, 04:18:56 pm »
get a spear, spawn on time and if your a 1her with no shield well then get one you cheap bastard  :lol:

still gonna come back and hate? all the more reason to spawn kill you no?  :mrgreen:

that all? ok!

Thank you please come again  :wink:
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #929 on: July 11, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »
+2
Snip

+1

Anyway, Teeth, if you know you're spawning late (~6:00-6:30) on a good map for cav when GK's on the other team, maybe you should think about carrying a (cheap) bamboo spear until you get to your team? You have 3 slots free and it won't break the bank either. You won't necessarily counter the cav, but you can at least repel them until you're safe with your team.

The kind of spawnraping I find a completely dick move is couching someone 1-2 seconds after spawning because they can't do anything about it, nothing at all. That's just ruining other people's fun by being a complete ass. Going for someone at spawn that has been active for at least 5-10 seconds is tolerable, though I still refrain from doing it myself when I'm cav. I just feel cheap if I do it
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.