Author Topic: NA_Siege Admining Suggestions.  (Read 45336 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: NA_Siege Admining Suggestions.
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2011, 09:09:02 pm »
You can always remind the guys carrying two ladders that they can also spawn with a zero slot weapon.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 10:18:59 am »
Quoted from the Siege Rules

To avoid being disciplined for this, use ladders in the way they were meant to be used, up against the walls.

Sadly, about the ladder that makes you go "through" the ceiling, nothing has really been defined for Siege. On 100, Exploiting a bug to gain advantage is prohibited, but these rules only apply on 100 so far (changes to come).

I didn't really like seeing you guys using that glitch on the siege map, but like you brought up, you said Nindurr tolerated it or some other admins .. since it's not precisely define in the rules, I couldn't do much about it.

I like how you kick with no warning and start inventing rules on the fly to boot someone you dont like, that contradict what you've already said.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:24:50 am by Digglez »

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2011, 10:46:05 am »
From the official rules

-Common Sense & Fair Play-
Glitching terrain and walls is forbidden. Use common sense. Floating ladders (ladders that defeat gravity laws) and abusing such bugs or glitches is against the spirit of fair play and not tolerated on our servers.

Dont be such a crying baby .. those ladders to go through the ceiling haven,t been tolerated for a  while , and lucky for you if you werent caught earlier.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2011, 11:56:20 am »
From the official rules

-Common Sense & Fair Play-
Glitching terrain and walls is forbidden. Use common sense. Floating ladders (ladders that defeat gravity laws) and abusing such bugs or glitches is against the spirit of fair play and not tolerated on our servers.

Dont be such a crying baby .. those ladders to go through the ceiling haven,t been tolerated for a  while , and lucky for you if you werent caught earlier.

Those rules you just quoted were in effect while using ladders thru ceilings was CONDONED by server operators (Nindur, Rangerbob, etc).  No change or update was ever made to this post to explictly outlaw them, like you claimed in-game (hence, making up rules on the fly). 

So add it to the rules instead of your vague references.  Part of being a GOOD admin is spelling out the rules and responding to community when they want clarification...so they can operate WITHIN the rules. 

And that was the only time I've used them recently because the other map that they were useful was taken out of rotation thankfully.  This same day earlier I saw people in the moat under the castle using ladders to walk up thru the ground of the castle.  It was actually quite inventive and realistic (sappers digging tunnels). The ladders are incredibly easy for defenders to break if they notice them.

And if I cared more I'd debate you on using the ladders that way.  Its no different than using a 8ft tall ladder to get thru ceiling tile.  Both attackers and defenders can attack thru that grated floor so I dont see why squeezing thru it on a ladder would be impossible.  But I dont care enough because its easy enough for defenders to break the ladders and I wont be using them anymore, since KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.

New Question
?  What is the verdict on ladders that run parallel and partially into a wall so they deploy faster?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:57:00 pm by Digglez »

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 03:33:24 am »
Imo sideways ladder along the walls is hard to catch.  However if you catch someone warn them then you're free to warn them then kick them if they do it again.

Offline pwny

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2011, 03:36:56 pm »
Duke of Disco should not have admin if he bans people so unfairly.  #justsayin

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2011, 05:44:17 pm »
Why would you tell people to QML leechers instead of just doing your job. Most leechers aren't stupid enough to not be near the M button, you're just making the contributors lose multipliers while doing nothing to solve the problem.

Otherwise, hell yeah I'm really tired of seeing admins negotiating with idiots, it's one of the greatest sources of comedy in CRPG. In any other game i know people who choose to subvert the system get banned without so much as a warning, yet a temp ban here seems to require documentation in triplicate.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2011, 11:58:15 pm »
i think new patch solved alot of the ladder problems.  I like new formula alot, although makes it even harder for the already difficult to win defenders.  Attacker win % is even higher with your current map rotation

Offline Keslord

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2011, 12:48:24 am »
Please fix the map rotation.

Offline Keslord

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2011, 11:46:34 am »
sorry for polluting the forum with my spam.

Good luck more lith the new one

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »
I'm just gonna throw this out there.  For chronic players who repeatedly cause trouble I would suggest implementing a system where they get perm banned from the server.  It would require 5 previous bans and a poll vote lasting a week where they must have at least 75% of the people recommending a perm ban.  You can only attempt to perm ban on a player once a month and it would save us admins some trouble as well as have people realize that fucking around no longer is just a time out.

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2011, 07:16:48 pm »
Make it 60%, and I have someone in mind to kick off that beautiful idea.  :twisted:
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2011, 07:19:33 pm »
Obviously only and admin can submit a perm ban request and there needs to be a min of 30 votes.

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2011, 07:21:15 pm »
So only an admin would be able to create the poll, but the community would be able to vote. Am I reading that right?
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2011, 08:04:52 pm »
Thats the idea.