Author Topic: NA_Siege Admining Suggestions.  (Read 44648 times)

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
Re: NA_Siege Admining Suggestions.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 04:41:22 pm »
So basically if they stay on their team while dead for over a minute (defenders) or 30 seconds (attackers) you should admin chat **** please join in the fight.  Wait about 15 more seconds then temp ban/kick depending on what you feel is appropriate

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 07:11:45 pm »
Sounds good to me

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 09:38:52 pm »
1.  Have Ecko put server rules on nacrpg website

2.  please clarify ladder rules

A.  can ladders hang over ledges in the air to allow attackers to walk out and drop down?

B.  can ladders be put up into ceilings to allow attackers to walk up thru the ceilings to get to the next floor?

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 10:02:14 pm »
Quoted from the Siege Rules

To avoid being disciplined for this, use ladders in the way they were meant to be used, up against the walls.

Sadly, about the ladder that makes you go "through" the ceiling, nothing has really been defined for Siege. On 100, Exploiting a bug to gain advantage is prohibited, but these rules only apply on 100 so far (changes to come).

I didn't really like seeing you guys using that glitch on the siege map, but like you brought up, you said Nindurr tolerated it or some other admins .. since it's not precisely define in the rules, I couldn't do much about it.

The 100 server is being annexed to the other NA servers, so rules will be updated for all servers and we'll bring that matter to Nindurr or Gash so it is dealt with in a descent time frame.

I honestly dropping a ladder to get off the wall makes it very hard for Defender as they probably are defending the stairs going down to ground level, and it usually gives direct access to attackers to the flag or give a very huge advantage. This said, it is a very clever idea and in real life, it is doable to drop a ladder to get down faster... it is the defenders job to destroy that ladder ASAP, so I don't see anything wrong with it, but I don't make the rules, I enforce them :P (Just stating my opinion and where I stand about those ladders). If the ladder doesn't touch the ground, then there's a problem though, it has to look like if it was "dropped" there and it ends it's "deployement" when reaching the ground. A straight ladder where you have to "drop" or jump off because it's not touching the ground, this I wouldn't really like to tolerate as it defeats gravity/ nature laws :P

Thanks for being patient, we'll update the rules asap

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 11:16:28 pm »
I think bridging ladders should be allowed since they mimic things people can do in real life.  They don't defy the laws of physics as long as they don't float.  The way the ladders are designed though I rarely see floating ladders anymore and the collision detection is pretty good so you can't stack them.  Yea it does make things more difficult for defenders but it makes some maps doable. It would be pretty difficult to admin since ladders are a critical part of the siege server so we can't blanket ban ladders. 

Ladders through ceilings I've not seen though that could be disallowed.  The sideways ladders in the wall I'm not sure I'm kinda torn.  It would be hard to deal with.  Imo I would say as long as the ladders aren't floating they're good.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:19:15 pm by Rangerbob »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 11:29:43 pm »
Ladders against walls or for crossing gaps I think should be allowed, just non for obvious glitching nor ladder stacking.

My two cents :/

(and yes I realize that I am agreeing with some of you)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 08:06:14 am »
Rules will be revised this week-end and should be ready next week, thanks for Nindurr for taking the time to look over this

Offline Lorden

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 08:00:05 am »
Oh BABY I am -loving- the new admin ban system.

I suggest the typical kick for purposeful TK/TW/Griefing should be an automatic 1h ban at a minimum, and what used to be 1h bans be upped to 24h bans or more. It's -so- much easier to track with this system.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 09:09:27 am »
+1

You fucked up , 1 hour ban , you really fuck up , 24 hours , you still don't get it ? now we're talking about days :P

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 09:15:49 am »
i been playing on your server for a couple of weeks and would like to say you guys do an awesome job. if someones a jerkoff there gone and its great. good job dudes
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 07:45:38 pm »
1- Can Banner Balance be always on?  Seems sometimes it goes off.

2 - What is the process for maps being put into rotation?  Seems some poor ones have been added lately - do we need to screen these more before being put into rotation?  Do you need help with this?
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 08:41:29 pm »
BB (Banner Balance) should always be on , but when the server was updated it was put to 3 by default (which was change shortly after).

For the maps you'll have to talk to Airith. Check the map section of the forum or check general discussion.

This topic will be locked and moved in a few days... it doesn't really belong here, and I think we shared our thoughts enough.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 10:21:56 pm »
What about the ladders that people put down above the flag so the attackers drop down onto the flag so fast defenders cannot do anything about it? Like the one map where they go up the siege ramp, jump over the little fence onto a roof and pop a ladder down right there so all attack has to do is hold w to win. I think it is very unfair to defense and should be punishable.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 10:37:44 pm »
Is that even still possible? Ladders should always have 2 physical contact ( ground + leaning on something ). If the ladder is in the air so people drop from it on the flag and there's no way for defender to destroy it, it's really unfair and makes the whole defense setup useless. But if they start the ladder from the roof and it goes all the way down and make contact with the ground, it's the def. team's responsability to destroy it asap. There aren't very clear rules about it, use your own discretion and make sure people know. I usually warn people when we play a map where ladders can be used to go throught gates or ceilings that I wont tolerate such glitch abuse. Nindur is working on very defined and clear rules.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:40:06 pm by Sphinxer »

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 10:07:45 pm »
Could Siege be done like 22nd Siege on Native -- so instead of having a massive spawn timer for defense (where if too many die at once the flag is basically just ninja'd), it would be that each defender only had X lives and when they were used up he could no longer spawn.  Attack of course would be limited by the time, if it reached 0:00 they lose....the usual.

Thoughts?  I wonder if this would be somewhat more rewarding of a game experience...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:35:24 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE