Author Topic: Persian Armor: Safavid Period (Shia Islamic)  (Read 14608 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Re: Persian Armor: Safavid Period (Shia Islamic)
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 03:34:54 am »
(click to show/hide)

Condensed what i had as misty thoughts into a well written stream +1
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • "The Sultan's own...Sipahi of The Sublime Porte"
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
  • Faction: The Turks (Kapikulu)
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Safavid
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 09:00:01 pm »
The difference between Islam and other religious systems is that it does not make a difference between Science and Religion, it is considered one and the same.  Meaning that Science proves religion, not that religion proves Science as in Christianity.  For example, we don't believe the earth is 6000 years old.  In fact, we believe there was a bing bang and the earth is Millions of years old.  The key here is that Islam does not limit Science and it focuses on Social Justice for humanity based on living in harmony with God (Islam).  The word Islam means living in harmony and peace of God.  We believe that everything ever created in the universe is a Muslim (submitting to the harmony/peace of God).  It is the exterior things such as culture that changes that original "fitra" or state of being.  So, as a Muslim, I see every Non-Muslim as a Muslim who does not know they are a Muslim.  It is like this movie I saw about the Angel Gabriel recently where they come through this black hole and on to earth as mortals that can bleed, but their origins are angels.  We see other humans as spiritual Muslims who some have come to remember their original fitra and others do not.  Our jobs as Muslims is to help re-awaken that knowledge of the fitra or original being.  Those Muslims who go to extremes have gone in the path of the Devil or Shaytan.  They want to force other people to their origins...they are like the Sith vs. the Jedi.  Using the darkside of the power that God has created, which serves the Devil. 

Regarding Science, we do not see a difference between Science and Religion, because Science always trumps superstitious beliefs.  I think the Westerners hostility to Islam has it's roots in their own understanding of Christianity.  However, this is where education and guidance comes in and we should be able to teach others about this truth or "Haqq". 

This is something I ran across recently from one of my favorite Islamic Authors/Scholars by the name of Harun Yahya, talking about the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) foretelling the use of Laptops: http://en.harunyahya.tv/videoDetail/Lang/4/Product/43006
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:08:19 pm by Safavid »
"Nasrun minallahi ve fethun garib. Ve bessiril Muminin!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!

Offline becca

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHANEL
  • Game nicks: Becca_of_Chanel
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 07:39:21 pm »
Is the big bang in the Koran?  I'm pretty sure it's not.  *stones you to death for ignorance*  Great belief system you've got there.
Ban request forum: Where shitty players go to recoup their self-esteem after getting their shit pushed in at internet swords and horses.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 07:57:40 pm »
This is something I ran across recently from one of my favorite Islamic Authors/Scholars by the name of Harun Yahya, talking about the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) foretelling the use of Laptops: http://en.harunyahya.tv/videoDetail/Lang/4/Product/43006

Referring to this renown forum troll does you no service whatsoever.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 05:41:23 pm »
Mounted Elephant Archers were awesome :)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 07:33:28 pm »
Mounted Elephant Archers were awesome :)

What were the elephant archer riding?

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 11:04:33 pm »
What were the elephant archer riding?

Your mom :)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2011, 10:31:30 am »
Elephant Archery was amazing, later they added Muskets and Cannons as the technology increased...virtually making Elephant Tanks.  :)

Regarding the big bang theory, it is in The Holy Qur'an, it talks about other worlds and aliens as well.  A really good website to learn more would be www.harunyahya.com

Gnjus, what is your problem?  Speaking of 'forum trolls', not only are you one but your picture looks like one.  You make posts as if anybody asked for your opinion.  Your intense hatred of Muslims is obvious by your posts and the number of times you put negative marks on my karma.  The hate will eat you up and drain you of any humanity.  That is where that sarcasm and psychotic trolling comes from.  All you do on every post is the same exact thing.  I think I may take every one of your posts and turn it into a blog and then you can read about yourself all day long.  :twisted:

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 11:01:30 am »
Your intense hatred of Muslims is obvious

Rofl !

I don't know where you bring your conclusions from, not only that i don't hate anyone, let alone the Muslims, but i have great admiration for arabian culture and history, and i often listen to arabian/turkish music while i play cRPG.  :wink:

As for the trolling part: not my fault you didn't get the jokes.  Smileys are all there to be seen. :)
(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 11:31:33 am »
 :D In that case, my beef with you is over.  However, I pray that anybody that gives me negative karma gets a hundred in return. 

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 11:51:38 am »
:D In that case, my beef with you is over.  However, I pray that anybody that gives me negative karma gets a hundred in return.

Just for the record: i never (as far as my memory serves me) gave -1 to anyone on this forums, yet yesterday i got -11.   8-)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2011, 04:24:45 pm »
Yeah, despite some of my acidic responses I have no hatred for Islam or Muslims, or at least no more than I have for any other religion and it's believers XD. Don't really see a point in continuing the conversation, as we're not going to agree, but as a gesture of goodwill I'll +1 you when I can :D.

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2011, 01:27:25 pm »
When did religion get involved into this? Anyways! I like variety in armor, provided you bring forth a model for the armor you are presenting. Try looking around forums and pming people that design models if need be, recently there was a model made for the egyptian sickle sword, try contacting that person. Good luck!
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Apostata

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_John_Applebottom
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2011, 03:40:26 pm »

To my seemingly inferior knowledge I've always believed the aspiration for power was the unifying and potent factor of Scientific progress. I've aswell always presumed the speed of  technological development of various civilizations could be clarified by certain abstract "amount" of their struggle for survival over time. I can't deny I believed the faith and the knowledge are (if) only in correlational relation, so I foolishly depicted any mythological interpretations of world and its order as the essential onthological padding constructed by human's knowledge and only on the grounds of the then accessible knowledge to explain fundamental questions beyond that knowledge. I shamelessly applauded when I read about all the mythological (and thus religion) systems in the past and found how they had been overcomed over time by new findings and changes and thus by more sophisticated and accurate mythological systems. Frankly for my poor soul I never came to such a splendid revelation, that this holy teachings of shepherd is as flexible and still relevant as an newborn infant. When I read Quran for the first time, I already knew the background of its birth and necessity of social reformation, so I blindly read the proposed order by Quran as an former piece of laws for early Arab culture. I just saw the reason of Quran as what is Old Testament to Jews rather an continuation to such an nobless and revolutional innovantion as was New Testament to the known world. Perhaps I was somehow irritated by intense and continual threats of everlasting  barbecue and fire and other sort of punishment for being just not choosen to have "right" ears as Quran described. Even though the start is somewhat slimy and quileful in way of its argumentation and reasurment (ITS GONNA HURT YA! BARBECUE AND STUFF) I was quite sure its role was right in situation where it was written and it was for me a very nice reading after all, but a bit ecclectical to be honest.

However it amazes me, no matter what religion or stuff is propagated, how the actual facts  are nowadays often twisted  or interpretated (to describe a comet as an spaceship etc.) just for the sake of justifying the desired dogma or a "like to be fact". With books and language itself its really easy to find a plenty of ambiguous meanings. I once heard about someone who claimed that Harry Potter series is hidden liberal advertisement and someone another claimed that Empire in Star Wars is some abstract scheme for islamic "threat". Those who are talking about the Prophet Muhammad foretelling the use of Laptops are to me a very same jesters as those I mentioned

Comparing greek paideia to Zoro-Astrian concept of universe of oriental mythology and even declaring that Islam put the greek ideas in the real progressive place or even bonds them together with others really offended me. By your unsubstantial staments about "byzantium" and "religion proves Science as in Christianity",  I presume you have no idea about Early Christianity, Orthodox doctrine nor about greek cultural lineage and that you dont have even a slightest clue about philosophical aproach to  Dogmas of Christianity (Dum Scotus, St. Thomas of Acquitaine, Bacon) and how much the certain types of Christianity differs.

Your most pathetic stament "If it was not for Islam, there would be no advanced civilization in Europe or the USA." lacks only the equal translation to " If it was not for apples there would be no blackberry bushes and cherry trees"
United States are created out of the two great principles of western culture : 1. Protestantism and its relativism in way of God's will(God talks to you through your coincidence, not from the mouth of priest.. that is revolutionary and old as Antique Greece is *coughs*) 2. Competitive market. Now, I am at least relieved you let the most prosperous civilization of China out of your  mockery

So I fixed it for you
"if it was not for Middle East, there would be no advanced civilization in Europe"

"When the Islamic world was the America of it's time, Europe lived in the Amazon Jungle."

When the Islamic world was the America, as you say, the great Empire of beauty and knowledge were at the Bospor. Slavs, Vizigoths,Franks no matter who they were, but they were amazed and astonished by the civilization level of Basileia Rhōmaiōn, almost everybody  at that time was determined to be prepared for Judgement Day and for the return of Our Saviour or at least thought about that as about imminent event. The problem of western civilization from V.century to XII.century is far more complex than to be advertised as MUSLEM SOO STRONG AND WEALTHY = WEST STONES AND STICKS and it counts even now in switched positions but I will not bother myself to explain the ideals of ascetism and christian determination together with a problematic social the then order as you seem to lack even adequate knowledge of all of this, but I will at least try to briefly explain economical situation of Europe and Middle East in early medieval timeframe.

Europe lost most of its old cities and its population have moved back to countryside to do agriculture. With lost of most of old roman cities, trade got crippled. Trade was even more crippled by devalvation of technological skill. Trade started again from the scratch, from local trade between villages and tribes to later river and sea trade. Middle East did not had such an migration from city to countryside, its technological skill remained mostly intact and trade routes were even richer bussiness to do. Here you have it: an economical reason and its behind any growth, stagnation or fall of civilizations

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 04:04:35 pm by Apostata »

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO CLAN AMBASSADOR
  • Game nicks: roymorrison
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2011, 05:02:38 pm »
When did religion get involved into this?

Dude... It's in the thread topic?
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.