Author Topic: New Strategus (new round & mechanics)  (Read 17064 times)

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
Re: New Strategus (new round & mechanics)
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2019, 08:10:05 am »
Catapults don't need a damage buff against walls. If you want to buff them/make breaches quicker, decrease their material requirement. Making them take down walls faster negates possible counter catapults because they won't have time to dial in enemy catapults. While I succeeded at this tactic last strat with the help of spotters, it's obviously not easy. Making walls weaker takes away this strategy that only a few NA players are capable of (Probably Jaren, Me, a couple of others).

If people suck with a catapult, they should reach out to a skilled engineer merc not get an easier time from dev changes.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2019, 08:14:25 am »
+1
Catapults don't need a damage buff against walls. If you want to buff them/make breaches quicker, decrease their material requirement. Making them take down walls faster negates possible counter catapults because they won't have time to dial in enemy catapults. While I succeeded at this tactic last strat with the help of spotters, it's obviously not easy. Making walls weaker takes away this strategy that only a few NA players are capable of (Probably Jaren, Me, a couple of others).

If people suck with a catapult, they should reach out to a skilled engineer merc not get an easier time from dev changes.

The fastest way to take down catapult is to get out of the castle/town and destroy it. 1-2 sneaky guys with an axe can destroy it quite easily.

It is a subject to change anyway because we are to test it in real sieges.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2019, 09:46:05 pm »
+4

·  Character's title and clan banner are not shown any more if player is using a pseudonym during Strategus battle
·  Added Lallan tiny nation (items and fiefs), inspired by Scots and Irish regions
·  Two-handed weapons of high tier got their strength requires increased drastically to prevent AGI spam with them
·  Added more gear for several nations (and will add MUCH more in future)
·  Item conversion will now only convert to non-loomed items (no matter if item was loomed or broken) with national priority (if there is any national item, even worse than common, then it's gonna be prioritized, it will only get converted to common if there are no national items)
·  Field battles now also reward with captured troops: if attacker wins by capping flags - half of survived defenders get converted to attacker's army, if defender wins by capping flags - 1/4 of survived attackers get converted to defender's army
·  Field battles now reward with more silver loot: minimal silver loot from a field battle is 10,000 now, if defender has less than that - he loses all of his silver. If loser has 100,000+ silver, he'll lose 10% of his silver

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2019, 03:31:43 pm »
+1
How does it make any sense that attackers get to choose the server and time for a battle? Makes no sense at all it should be one of the other I just noticed this and it is appalling!

If I attack an EU player its on NA servers at NA primetime........................Should be fixed ASAP to fix that......if anything defender should get the boost and help

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2019, 03:55:27 pm »
+2
How does it make any sense that attackers get to choose the server and time for a battle? Makes no sense at all it should be one of the other I just noticed this and it is appalling!

If I attack an EU player its on NA servers at NA primetime........................Should be fixed ASAP to fix that......if anything defender should get the boost and help

We're in transitional state in that question. Vicinity is gonna decide the battle region for players with different region. But well, other than that it is fair IMO. Attackers always risk more than they get and safe caravans for huge distance should not be a thing. Defenders also get equipment help if they lack that.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2019, 01:37:46 am »
+4
·  Fief vicinities mechanic expanded: captured fiefs now have a certain area of influence. 3km for villages, 5km for castles, 10km for towns.  Priority is also important if fiefs' area of influence overlap each other: towns>castles>villages. If positioned in the area of two or more fiefs of equal type then the closest fief is considered the most influencing. Fiefs vicinity can be toggled to be shown on the map. Make sure you refresh your page
·  Place and time of battles is now picked differently. Possible scenarios are:
1) Attacker and defender have the same region and are in/out any fief vicinity (regardless): battle takes part on their regional server in their primetime;
2) Attacker and defender have different regions and are within a fief vicinity: the battle takes part on vicinity's regional server, time will be adjusted to be more suitable for both regions (it will try to place a battle at least 3 hours later of EU's prime time start if server is EU or 3 hours earlier NA's primetime if server is NA);
3) Attacker and defender have different regions and are out of any fief vicinity AKA "No man's land": the battle takes part on defender's regional server, time will be adjusted to be more suitable for both regions (it will try to place a battle at least 3 hours later of EU's prime time start if server is EU or 3 hours earlier NA's primetime if server is NA);
·  You now see exact numbers of your faction's fiefs'/parties' armies and silver

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2019, 03:27:00 am »
+1
·  Fief vicinities mechanic expanded: captured fiefs now have a certain area of influence. 3km for villages, 5km for castles, 10km for towns.  Priority is also important if fiefs' area of influence overlap each other: towns>castles>villages. If positioned in the area of two or more fiefs of equal type then the closest fief is considered the most influencing. Fiefs vicinity can be toggled to be shown on the map. Make sure you refresh your page
·  Place and time of battles is now picked differently. Possible scenarios are:
1) Attacker and defender have the same region and are in/out any fief vicinity (regardless): battle takes part on their regional server in their primetime;
2) Attacker and defender have different regions and are within a fief vicinity: the battle takes part on vicinity's regional server, time will be adjusted to be more suitable for both regions (it will try to place a battle at least 3 hours later of EU's prime time start if server is EU or 3 hours earlier NA's primetime if server is NA);
3) Attacker and defender have different regions and are out of any fief vicinity AKA "No man's land": the battle takes part on defender's regional server, time will be adjusted to be more suitable for both regions (it will try to place a battle at least 3 hours later of EU's prime time start if server is EU or 3 hours earlier NA's primetime if server is NA);
·  You now see exact numbers of your faction's fiefs'/parties' armies and silver

Wow and I only complained today holy shit your good Dave

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2019, 04:15:17 pm »
Dave how are these rules for battle times effected by the no battle during a time period selected in the settings?  IE. I can now select no battle commencement for a period of 8 hours, starting at 1500 in my strat settings.  Is that still observed under these new rules even if it's during EU prime time?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2019, 04:18:22 pm »
IIRC Currently night time setting is not affecting battle times as they are set to occur during primetime for each zone.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2019, 03:50:01 pm »
IIRC Currently night time setting is not affecting battle times as they are set to occur during primetime for each zone.

So being in NA, if I'm attacked by a EU person the battle will be at EU prime time, which could be at noon time if I live in California.  Or conversely if I'm EU it could be at 3 A.M. if I'm attacked by NA. 
Anyone else see a problem with this system?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2019, 03:52:39 pm »
So being in NA, if I'm attacked by a EU person the battle will be at EU prime time, which could be at noon time if I live in California.  Or conversely if I'm EU it could be at 3 A.M. if I'm attacked by NA. 
Anyone else see a problem with this system?

Not any more. The way it should work is if you're within a circle on the map with a solid red outline, the battle will take place on NA3 during NA's primetime. If you're attacked in a circle with a dashed blue outline the battle will be in EU. If you're attacked outside of a circle the battle should be NA.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Jarl_Onurb

• Count
  • Renown: 201
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Onurb
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2019, 07:41:07 pm »
+1
Not any more. The way it should work is if you're within a circle on the map with a solid red outline, the battle will take place on NA3 during NA's primetime. If you're attacked in a circle with a dashed blue outline the battle will be in EU. If you're attacked outside of a circle the battle should be in the defender region.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2019, 09:14:35 pm »

Seriously its only the way it is right now cause EU is raiding people and want to win especially the Merc clan other than that it makes no sense!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:18:16 pm by Novamere »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2019, 09:27:59 pm »

Right, but since he's NA it will be in NA. In general, it is the defender's region.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2019, 05:11:40 am »
Can anyone post a pic of these circles on the strat map?  I zoomed all the way out and don't see red or blue circles.