Author Topic: 0.5.5.0: you to decide  (Read 87424 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.5.0: you to decide
« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2019, 02:10:09 pm »
+7
Let me introduce a new patch, we had quite a break because we were doing A LOT of work. It is a transitional patch before huge changes, mostly in Strategus, so let me add a little bit of hype here :-)

What's new:
1. Upkeep for most loomed items is heavily reduced (for some items up to 70%) and is now equal for every item type: with each loom level an item gets its priced increased by 10% comparing to original item price (broken items cost much LESS though). Previous numbers were intentionally too extreme, but it allowed us to see what numbers can work. It will also work in synergy with upcoming additional gold sources.

2. Several new weapons and armors but we'll get back to it later.

3. Items are getting nation (faction) flags, it is Strategus related and we're going to announce&release a new Strategus with around 50 changes in mechanics by the end of this month!

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2019, 09:57:52 pm »
+1
Nice, upkeep was shit.The game getting better everyday dave,but when are you gonna realize noone needs the game good rn?

Btw "0.5.5.0: you to decide"
I DIDNT DECIDED ANYTHING YET,YOU SAID WE WERE GONNA DECIDE NEXT BLOODY PATCH.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #332 on: March 01, 2019, 01:07:59 am »
Absent for a while, maybe this has already been implemented? Otherwise, my vote is reverse the whole mod to pre-upkeep patch, with the ladderpaulting, the xp leeching circles and good times etc~

Carried over

Ladderpaulting
Kill for tiny amounts of xp/gold
Fast and weak horses
Native lancing angles
Peasant wars
Random Plains
BoaS, LTA, LoC, SoT, SoC and heaps of other nice items

Not carried over

None of the above
Especially wpf requirements and free xp/gold for noobs

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 01, 2019, 02:19:27 pm »
+2
Absent for a while, maybe this has already been implemented? Otherwise, my vote is reverse the whole mod to pre-upkeep patch, with the ladderpaulting, the xp leeching circles and good times etc~

Ladders are back to battle servers, though ladderpulting isn't. Although it might be fun but it was an obviously ugly mechanic code-wise.
Fast&weak horses - horses maneuver and speed across all unarmored horses was buffed.
Kill for tiny amounts of xp/gold - it's going to get implemented (kinda), but was postponed because of work on Strategus.
Native lancing angles - nope and not going to move it back. The only possible way to change is to make the angle depend on current horse speed so slower you move - the wider angle you have. Reverting to native is a no go because it is incompatible with warband collision detection, horses&riding levels of crpg, item stats and damage calculation of crpg. Would bring massive shit and exploits to the game.
Peasant wars & Random Plains - welcome to Strategus.
BoaS, LTA, LoC, SoT, SoC and heaps of other nice items - BoaS might find its way back, we actually discussed it, LTA is an event item, LoC (can't remember what it means), SoT and SoC are basically German and Danish Greatswords.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 01, 2019, 08:21:00 pm »
Kill for tiny amounts of xp/gold - it's going to get implemented (kinda), but was postponed because of work on Strategus.
This right here, this is why mod ls dead. Most playerns don't give a fuck about strat except mercs clan, cRPG has essentially become owned by mercs clan because DeveUKR is a merc. And certainly not a single new or old but inactive players give a fuck about strat. These people just want to jump in the game to test it out, not get involved in Strategus, which requires regular playing. cRPG first, Strategus later.

Anyway, long time ago you were asking about compromise with wipe. Well here's my idea: make a backup of everything, then wipe it. If people don't like it, and mod dies more than dead, bring current state back. If people play, let wipe be.

Better yet, how about we make a stone soup? Let's vote someone from community, give them almost full access to cRPG for a few days, see how it goes. If people like it, let them stay for a bit longer. If not, kick them out, revert to backup, and choose new vice dev.

DeveUKR, I must say I am FUCKING annoyed at your unwillingness to do simple changes suggested in the "you to decide" thread. Maybe you implement lots of changes decided by strat plebs from some merc discord circlejerk, but that doesn't count. It has been almost 4 months, 23 pages and your response to most suggestions was "NYEEH this will kill mod", "NYEEH strategus more important", "NYEEH 10 people played for a minute today, so I guess mod is alive". If you don't want to do this, or simply don't have the time to, just give dev access to the next most sane, mentally stable member of this forum. I know I'm being rude and unreasonable, but let's achieve something, anything other than some strat bullshit that only a tiny little teeny peeny part of cRPG community plays.
FUCK
To balance my angry post, I admit that I like the new factions/nations thing in cRPG item shop (not strat, I don't care about strat)

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #335 on: March 01, 2019, 10:15:21 pm »
This right here, this is why mod ls dead. Most playerns don't give a fuck about strat except mercs clan, cRPG has essentially become owned by mercs clan because DeveUKR is a merc. And certainly not a single new or old but inactive players give a fuck about strat. These people just want to jump in the game to test it out, not get involved in Strategus, which requires regular playing. cRPG first, Strategus later.

Anyway, long time ago you were asking about compromise with wipe. Well here's my idea: make a backup of everything, then wipe it. If people don't like it, and mod dies more than dead, bring current state back. If people play, let wipe be.

Better yet, how about we make a stone soup? Let's vote someone from community, give them almost full access to cRPG for a few days, see how it goes. If people like it, let them stay for a bit longer. If not, kick them out, revert to backup, and choose new vice dev.

DeveUKR, I must say I am FUCKING annoyed at your unwillingness to do simple changes suggested in the "you to decide" thread. Maybe you implement lots of changes decided by strat plebs from some merc discord circlejerk, but that doesn't count. It has been almost 4 months, 23 pages and your response to most suggestions was "NYEEH this will kill mod", "NYEEH strategus more important", "NYEEH 10 people played for a minute today, so I guess mod is alive". If you don't want to do this, or simply don't have the time to, just give dev access to the next most sane, mentally stable member of this forum. I know I'm being rude and unreasonable, but let's achieve something, anything other than some strat bullshit that only a tiny little teeny peeny part of cRPG community plays.
FUCK
To balance my angry post, I admit that I like the new factions/nations thing in cRPG item shop (not strat, I don't care about strat)
go set urself on fire IDIOT
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 01, 2019, 11:18:57 pm »

FUCK

didn't make it to the end because it started with bullshit from the very first sentence  :lol: Mercs being one of the biggest cRPG clans, yet passive in Strat, always tried to be neutral and chilling faction in Strat during all the rounds, members were always free to join any strat faction or fight on any side. There were Strat enthusiasts a long-long time ago but the vast majority didn't give a damn. We didn't even have our faction last Strategus on strat map and active members were spread between different factions.

Actually Strat was something that I left for the dessert and everyone from cRPG team can confirm that, because I was telling people that I've lost hope at some point and was about to let cRPG die. The only thing that I promised to do before I quit is to restart Strat as a measure of last hope.

So it was either a joke troll post or you just went full retard. Both scenarios are bad, unlucky son.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 01, 2019, 11:29:24 pm »
didn't make it to the end
ok fine, here is most important part:

1. make backup of cRPG
2. wipe
3. if it works, let it be
3. if it's worse than now, revert to backup

doesn't hurt anything
simple
easy
quick
compromise

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2019, 09:58:56 am »

1. make backup of cRPG
2. wipe

doesn't hurt anything
simple
easy
quick
compromise

there has already been plenty of discussions about wipe in the past two years and in the end, people really, really did not want it, as reasonable as "a fresh start" sounds at first, thinking more about it it would do more harm than good in the end. Where have you been in the past two years?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:02:56 am by Ikarus »

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2019, 10:02:26 am »
I have no idea how you can accuse dave of having an "unwillingness to do changes suggested to him". That's almost all he's done, what people have asked.

NA went from being 100% dead again, to 30-40 players a night. And we all play strat AND casual NA1. If the mod feels dead in EU, it has to be a real genuine community effort to get it going again. Maybe it's the cultural and linguistic diversity of Europe versus the fat 30iq ANnnnnglish speakin culture of america, but we have no problem hitting each other up on discord or with steam announcements getting people on.

Just earlier this week we had about 45 people on at a time, probably nearly 100 total people throughout the day

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2019, 10:36:09 am »
+1
there has already been plenty of discussions about wipe in the past two years and in the end, people really, really did not want it, as reasonable as "a fresh start" sounds at first, thinking more about it it would do more harm than good in the end. Where have you been in the past two years?
That's why I suggest the backup. People say they don't want wipe, but I have not seen these people playing cRPG, so I don't care what those people say. They have no say in this. They are dog in the managers, won't let us have fun because too stuck up masturbating to their looms. Even if it's just for a week, I think it's worth doing the temporary wipe because it takes almost no effort, just copy and paste cRPG files, then delete original character data. Revert is the same but other way.

we have no problem hitting each other up on discord or with steam announcements getting people on.
That's because you are neurotypical normie NPCs with zero self-awareness. You Americans are so normie, you probably had your dicks inside some woman even before you were born. Yee-haw brother, let's crack a cold one with the boys!

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2019, 10:40:04 am »
+1
Ty reply. Interesting to see some stuff in the works.

I think original crpg was really fun for small groups, but the mod grew and modern crpg is honed toward much larger groups... which I think everyone is aware, can no longer be viewed as sensible at this stage. I really hope you can shift the balance back toward a good small group experience, which is what it needs if it's going to survive at all.

If people are asking for a wipe, I don't think it would do anything with gold and xp pouring in as they do atm. Peasant era only lasted more than a day because of the old slow grind system.

Ladders are back to battle servers, though ladderpulting isn't. Although it might be fun but it was an obviously ugly mechanic code-wise.

Players don't care what the code looks like, it was great! I can see in the shop a bunch of new off-beat weapons that remind me of BoaS, but nothing can compare with the mechanical hilarity of the ladderpault. Players would stay up late trying to make the tincans fly. It was a golden age.

(click to show/hide)

welcome to Strategus.

Is Strategus even viable with this few players? Oceania requested a server when we had more than the current world population and were declined. It does seem like a symptom of that "aim big" mentality that's just not really appropriate with numbers as low as they seem to be, though I appreciate that some people are probably only playing at all because of more personal Strategus sunk cost.

Also, tbh, much as I like random plains over some of the crpg maps, what the game really needs is more arena sized maps. It's bonkers having to walk a mile for a 5v5.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2019, 02:03:07 pm »
+2
fortunately im self aware enough to realize how much fun i get 2 have on crpg with my fellow big strong americans while u sit in ur poor freezing eu shack, shivering, teeth chattering, wishing for a better life, a life where you had crpg and a nice bigmac in front of you yeehaw brother11!

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #343 on: March 02, 2019, 02:30:46 pm »

1. make backup of cRPG
2. wipe

doesn't hurt anything
simple
easy
quick
compromise

You know I pushed REALLY hard for a wipe when Prof first got things into his hands. I still think it was the right call, but it was the right call back then. Right now imo a wipe has no positive impact on the amount of players we have. We are not receiving new players, and we probably won't get a large amount to actually make a difference, the problem isn't high level people, the problem is the level system itself. I don't think anyone cba to grind anything at this point.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2019, 04:17:37 pm »
+1

What was fun to you was also game ruining for others.

I think original crpg was really fun for small groups, but the mod grew and modern crpg is honed toward much larger groups

cRPG has never been balanced around small groups. And balancing was always made for large groups, that's why ranged had that amount of ammo etc.

And also specify what you mean by saying "original crpg" because cRPG had 100+ simultaneous online players since Summer of 2010.