Author Topic: 0.5.5.0: you to decide  (Read 86293 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: 0.5.5.0: you to decide
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2019, 09:07:46 pm »
This all makes me very happy, and I completely love 95% of what you have done, 4% I am unsure of but am willing to see how it plays out, but 1%... the grinding for silver... well, I can't do that.  I already play cRPG as much as I can, and I don't want to start with 150k less silver than the people who have a lot of time and are willing to play DTV.

since supply and demand will be easier to accumulate (although still people will buy it all the way down to 0 and wonder why the fuck the village sucks like idiots) making silver should be easier. shit, i played for a hour and a half or so and i only got 3k silver. that ain't shit, i'll get 10x at least or more than that off one trade run
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2019, 10:29:32 pm »
+1
since supply and demand will be easier to accumulate (although still people will buy it all the way down to 0 and wonder why the fuck the village sucks like idiots) making silver should be easier. shit, i played for a hour and a half or so and i only got 3k silver. that ain't shit, i'll get 10x at least or more than that off one trade run

Yeah, but you need silver to do a decent trade run- horses, gear and goods.  I have 15k that I earned in about 10 hours today and yesterday.  Next week I won't have near as much time... I probably won't even get 5 hours in, so I'll be lucky to have over 20k.  That's just enough for 100 mules.  Meanwhile there will be guys starting with around 200k, who could easily buy 500 mules and arm their men and a crap load of goods and start doubling and tripling their money in days.

I don't want to be a peasant just because I can't get on my PC for 4 or 5 hours a day.

Offline Pandemomium

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2019, 10:34:34 pm »
+5
Guys, sorry for offtop, but why the fuck shitty Mercs are popular and Crpg is dead? WTF?

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2019, 02:50:18 am »
+4
Guys, sorry for offtop, but why the fuck shitty Mercs are popular and Crpg is dead? WTF?

finally someone's asking the real questions
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 30, 2019, 01:10:14 am »
The grinding for silver and men is obviously to force players into servers.  Having to play 4 hours daily is too much for most people. 

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #410 on: April 30, 2019, 02:20:05 pm »
The grinding for silver and men is obviously to force players into servers.  Having to play 4 hours daily is too much for most people.

Don't know whether it was the case but that's the sort of feeling I got as well, though it doesn't appear to have worked if that was the case :o

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2019, 12:35:43 am »
+1
i really couldn't have said it better than havelle. it should be working, but it ain't. funny enough, with nearly nobody playing NA1, the low-pop bonus is insane for generating strat silver lmao

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 01, 2019, 05:12:17 am »
Yeah but strat won't be any fun with few people in it.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 01, 2019, 03:44:39 pm »
The grinding for silver and men is obviously to force players into servers.  Having to play 4 hours daily is too much for most many people.

comments similar to this is something ive encountered a lot in many other games. this mode is time consuming yes, it is the nature of this mode and many other games. once you did not have a problem with it.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 01, 2019, 09:44:41 pm »
comments similar to this is something ive encountered a lot in many other games. this mode is time consuming yes, it is the nature of this mode and many other games. once you did not have a problem with it.

The fact that you say you've encountered similar remarks does not reflect on whether this is the best method or not.  I would say it's a problem for most people since very few players are populating the servers.  I did not have a problem with it previously because I did not have to grind to get started in Strat.  I started with some money and some men, not at 1 & 1. 

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #415 on: May 01, 2019, 11:56:47 pm »
People overreact on the 1 silver and 1 man start on strat, ive barely played anything, already at 20k, its a few hours of player thats all, and if people dont have time  for that in the timespan of a week, then they damn well wont have time to do strat battles or be active on strat (and yes i know its in the browser and you dont have to sit down for hours, but strat and cRPG is connected, so playing the game has too be a factor of the earnings and how effective one can be on strat. This isnt a browser based mod after all.)

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 02, 2019, 12:14:02 am »
The fact that you say you've encountered similar remarks does not reflect on whether this is the best method or not.  I would say it's a problem for most people since very few players are populating the servers.  I did not have a problem with it previously because I did not have to grind to get started in Strat.  I started with some money and some men, not at 1 & 1.

i don't really think that the lack of population in NA or elsewhere is due to people not wanting to "grind" to get started in strat. firstly, its just playing the game. grinding is playing the game. it ain't killing a bunch of shit mobs or waiting for spawns of some shit, it's just fighting, killing, and dying with your internet friends.

maybe half plus or minus a few of the "regular" players in NA1 don't give two shits about the strat map. they'll play in battles to style on people but do you really reckon there are numerous individuals thinking to themselves "damnit i want to play strat but HELL with this one week of grinding i just won't play instead"?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #417 on: May 02, 2019, 01:05:24 am »
Strat has always driven cRpg.  The mod has died a few times, and it was always when people started playing strat again that the mod fired up.  And a lot of people who would play strat made the choice not to grind, and now they won't play because so many others will have a huge head start on them.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #418 on: May 03, 2019, 06:28:51 pm »
ding dong