Author Topic: NA 1v1/Duel Tournament! Prizes/Rules Confirmed!  (Read 187410 times)

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
NA 1v1/Duel Tournament! Prizes/Rules Confirmed!
« on: September 25, 2018, 11:36:47 pm »
+21
cRPG Duel Tourney

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have been given permissions and blessings by Tristan and James to host a duel tournament for cRPG.

Hopefully with the participation and engagement of the community this can be the start of a new life for events and tournaments in cRPG as we now have several new groups of active players!

SIGNUPS:

Signups begin today and will likely last 10 days-2 weeks, but depending on the turnout, I may increase/decrease the signup period!

In order to sign up you must reply to this post AND add me on steam

Here is the signup format:

STF Character Name: *Character Name*
Steam Name AND link to Steam account: *Steam Username*, *link to Steam profile*
Have you added Assington on Steam?: *yes/no*[/b]

RULES AND FORMAT:

The amount of stages will be based off of how many players sign up. At the beginning of each stage, a time period begins where the two opponents MUST communicate to each other and organize their fight. As the stages progress, the allowed time period for you and your opponent to schedule your fight will decrease. The amount of days allowed to schedule your fights in each stage will be based off of how many players sign up. Once the duel is concluded, both players MUST message me confirming the winner and also, optionally but preferably, send a screenshot of the results.

IF NEITHER PLAYER COMMUNICATES WITH ME ABOUT THEIR DUEL, WHY THEY HAVEN'T SCHEDULED IT, OR WHO WON, BOTH PLAYERS ARE DISQUALIFIED!

If your opponent refuses to duel you, or is offline, and not communicating with you, you MUST send me screenshots of your attempts to fruitlessly communicate with them, otherwise you will be disqualified, as will they.

During the final stages (which will be determined once signups are complete) both players must notify me when they are going to fight and MUST send me confirmations of the winner AND screenshots.

DUEL RULES:

- Duels will be in a First to 7/Best of 13 format.
- Character used MUST be a STF.
- NO crushthrough weapons
- NO horses
- NO ranged weapon of any form. If you wish to use a throwing weapon in melee mode for whatever reason, go for it. If you throw it, you are disqualified.
- LOOMED GEAR IS ALLOWED
- Max armor value of 40000 gold! WEAPONS DO NOT COUNT TOWARD GEAR VALUE
- All fights will take place on NA_8, the event server, using the Arena map. If both players are fine with it and there are no strat battles, feel free to use NA_3.
- Players can decide to duel ANYWHERE in the map; HOWEVER, if either opponent requests it, the duel can and MUST be fought in the actual Arena Pen pictured here:
(click to show/hide)
- If you don't understand the reasoning for the above rule, feel free to ask.
- SHIELDS ARE ALLOWED
- YOU CAN BRING MULTIPLE WEAPONS
- NO changing character stats mid fight

Breaking any rule will result in disqualification.

REWARDS AND PRIZES:

Before I go into the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes, I will note a VERY IMPORTANT prize rule to encourage sportsmanship and participation:
Showing up to ALL assigned fights over the course of the entire tournament will earn you 1 Loompoint upon its conclusion, or your final elimination. If you are completely eliminated in the first rounds, then you will receive 1 loompoint if you showed up to all of your fights. If you are the winner, you will receive 1 loompoint in addition to your first place earnings. Every round you win will earn you 50k gold. You win 3 matches, but are then knocked out? Then you complete your lower bracket matches and receive 1 loompoint and the gold from your 3 wins in the upper bracket and any wins you had in the lower bracket.

1st Place:

500k Gold in addition to all gold won from winning individual duels, 3 Loompoints, 30m XP, event item of your choosing, and the temporary title, "Champion of Calradia". This title will be held until the conclusion of future tournaments.

2nd Place:
250k Gold in addition to all gold won from winning individual duels, 3 loompoints, 15m XP.

3rd Place:
100k Gold in addition to all gold won from winning individual duels, 2 loompoints, 10m XP.

SCHEDULE:

As previously mentioned, signups begin today and will last, most likely, 10 days-2 weeks. If you know people who would be interested, but they do not browse the forums often, you should alert them as soon as you can.

The first stage will likely last 5 days. Giving both participants all the time in that period to organize and complete their fight. Each successive stage will likely be chopped down in allowed time; HOWEVER, because I will be communicating with EACH player individually, case-by-case judgements on time extensions/rescheduling WILL BE POSSIBLE. Just contact me, I'm your friend!1!

Participants:
(click to show/hide)

BRACKET:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:43:40 pm by bensai »

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
Re: NA 1v1/Duel Tournament! Prizes/Rules Confirmed!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:47:55 pm »
+4
I think ive won 3-4 of these 1vs1s and 2vs2s but im old now and cant feint or block but ill give it a try maybe

STF Character Name: Knightmare_1
Steam Name AND link to Steam account: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048114879/
Have you added Assington on Steam?: No shit

Im a good teacher though if anyone needs advice on builds or feinting or kicks or spins add me on steam and ask!

List of Pupils:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:58:56 pm by Novamere »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 12:09:49 am »
+5
Hot damn can't wait to lose in the first round!

STF Character Name: ichadz_James
Steam Name AND link to Steam account: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975252250/
Have you added Assington on Steam?: Yes, I link him many battle

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 12:13:07 am »
+3
I am not a dueler but I would gladly participate and lose horribly if the "event item of your choosing" was for participating regardless of winning. With the udead state of the mod.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Corvo

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 12:16:20 am »
+6
STF Character Name: Corvoo
Steam Name AND link to Steam account: Depsty , https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044857944/
Have you added Assington on Steam?: yes
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 04:24:26 am by Corvo »

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 12:22:48 am »
+1
If you want to apply PLEASE link your steam profile and ADD ME! It's important so I can add you and your opponents can add you to organize your duel! Read the post doofuses
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:26:15 am by bensai »

Offline nikklenikkle

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: OE nikkle the BROWN bat
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 12:39:19 am »
+4
STF Character Name: HIS_GRACE_KING_NIKKLE
Steam Name AND link to Steam account: nikklenikkle,  https://steamcommunity.com/id/ribbityRABBITY/
Have you added Assington on Steam?: *yes/no*[/b] no but ill add him rn

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 12:53:36 am »
+7
STF Character Name: monster_energy_ULTRA
Steam Name AND link to Steam account: Kadeth, https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032158744/
Have you added Assington on Steam?: Yes

Offline Jack1

• Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 02:25:32 am »
+6
STF Character Name: jack1_a
Steam Name AND link to Steam account:jack1_, https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027105564/
Have you added Assington on Steam?: maybe
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Simon.

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 03:39:31 am »
+4
STF Character Name: s3
Steam Name AND link to Steam account: simbob, https://steamcommunity.com/id/dirtyweaselrat/

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 05:27:21 am »
+3
STF Character Name: randingo_gamertamer
Steam Name AND link to Steam account: Rando, https://steamcommunity.com/id/99str/

after speaking with assington and him passing a speech & intelligence check on me, I decided this tournament WON'T be gay like the last one because he's actually enough of a bull to enforce his own rules.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:22:05 am by Rando »
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 05:54:21 am »
+3
I'm gonna break my own rule and comment on the failure of the 3v3 tournament in order to justify why a very similar format is used here simply because this information should have been in the OP.

The last tournament failed for 2 big reasons: lack of communication between event hosts and teams and between the 2 teams, and a lack of enforcement on the completion of the assigned fights. In regard to addressing these errors that I found to be the main cause of the failure of the last tournament, and due to the fact that this tournament is going to be 1v1's (single individuals communicating is much more simple and efficient), I have enforced that everyone link their steam profile on this thread so others can easily add and communicate with them. They also must add me. I AM going to message everyone daily about their fights and ask when they have scheduled and if they have communicated. I AM going to formally disqualify people for not adhering to the rules, and I am going to enforce the completion of the duels within the given time.

Players can communicate with each other and I will communicate with all of them. If player A and B are set to fight, but A is talking to me and B is not, B is out of the tourney, A moves on.

The reason why we can't have a huge duel tournament all within 1 or 2 or even 3 days at this point in cRPG, in my opinion, is simply due to everyone showing up. If we have very few people actually participate, say, 8, or so, then will the first place taker really be the "Champion of Calradia" lol? If things were like they were in the old days where we could easily get 30+ people on the event server for several hours, then that would be awesome, I just don't think it's possible.

With this format we can get a lot of people in the tournament with really simple scheduling, but the stakes are high, there's a lot of people, the first place taker will have bested a good deal of other players, not just a few.

This is the most serious post I have ever written, please respect it and me. Thank you.

Also after a most intriguing and erotic discussion with rando, it is decided that instead of earning gold for fighting your duel AND additional gold for winning, the reward is changed to 1 loompoint for attending ALL fights you are scheduled for. If you get knocked out in the first round and lose in a lower bracket match, you will receive your loompoint. If you win every single match you fight and take 1st place, you will take an extra loompoint. Reason: looms are more valuable than gold to both new players AND old players. Gold isn't good for much until we revert the 3LP Reforge.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:28:57 am by bensai »

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 08:37:20 am »
I think ive won 3-4 of these 1vs1s and 2vs2s but im old now and cant feint or block but ill give it a try maybe

STF Character Name: Knightmare_1
Steam Name AND link to Steam account: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048114879/
Have you added Assington on Steam?: No shit

Im a good teacher though if anyone needs advice on builds or feinting or kicks or spins add me on steam and ask!

List of Pupils:
(click to show/hide)
dude why do you consider me a pupil just because you warmed me up on duel before a tournament. i'm self-taught
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Casul

• Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 08:56:14 am »
- NO ranged weapon of any form

lol I am out fk u
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline FTG_Pablo

• Balancer
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knightmare, Murder Boner, Acre
  • Game nicks: Pablo__, iK_2sekC_KbW_Pablo_MB, KbW_Silence_MB, Pablo_xD, Bishop_Pablo_of_Acre
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 02:08:24 pm »
+5
KbW_Silence_MB
https://steamcommunity.com/id/PabloThaGod/
Have you added Assington on Steam?: Yup

lol Im def going to lose.