Poll

When should Strategus Round 7 End

November 1st, 2018
December 1st, 2018
January 1st, 2019
February 1st, 2019
Round 7 should continue for an extended period of time

Author Topic: Strategus 7 Reset/End Date - Strategus Council Applications - Council Chosen  (Read 6662 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Strategus 7 - Reset/End Date Poll
As this round of Strategus has been running for quite some time now we are seeking community opinion on a desired reset date to end Strategus 7 and begin preparations for Strategus 8. Possible dates being considered for reset are November 1st, December 1st, January 1st, February 1st, or letting the round run for a more extended period. Please answer in the poll regarding your opinion on possible reset dates.

Strategus Council - Applications
(click to show/hide)
As we move forward into Strategus 8 we will be looking to implement some changes to Strategus to make it more fun/balanced. In the interest of discussing and deciding on what mechanic/balance changes we want for round 8 we will be putting together a group of Strategus veterans/faction leaders. The council will be comprised of 12 players + the current devs / head admins / balance team. If this is something you are interested in please respond and fill out the application below.

Application Format and Example Submission
Name in Strategus: Castellan_James_of_Acre
Strategus Rounds Participated: 4,5,6 and 7
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Kingdom of Acre / Holy chadzian Empire, Free Companies of Calradia
Why you want to be on the council: My ego is the size of a small moon
Example improvements you would suggest: Attacking should be easier, Retreat mechanic should save 20% troops, Renown needs to be reworked, Certain fiefs should be removed, etc.
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): No I swear

Blank Application Template:
(click to show/hide)

Thank you in advance for your applications and poll responses.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 01:20:07 pm by njames89 »

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
Re: Strategus 7 Reset/End Date - Strategus Council Applications
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:03:52 pm »
Do I really even need to fill a application for this? Ive been playing CRPG longer than most of you and since strat 1, Also since I rarely get to play anymore or do anything on strat make me useful here.

Name in Strategus: Knightmare_
Strategus Rounds Participated: Every one
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Name it ive been there I played as a Mercenary for all clans for most of them then made my own clan
Why you want to be on the council: I have alot of Knowledge about strat and the game and can bring alot to the table
Example improvements you would suggest: There is too much to list but mainly to make more fighting and less trading and hoarding like this strat
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): I thought that was Arrowaine?

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 05:34:34 pm »
+4
may I suggest giving the new strat a game master,  that can once in a while invade lands with hords of armies that attack anyone,  have bad weather kill crops and half of population of all towns and what not?  could break the routine a bit mayhaps
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 05:52:22 pm »
+6
First off, I'm quite pleased to see this thread up for the community to openly discuss this strategus and how to improve the next round! Thank you James for putting this thread up and taking the time to organize a council, this should greatly improve strat and the level of enjoyment people gain from the game. It's been a wild and enjoyable round so far, though I admit the meta has certainly gotten a bit stale. Even with a shakeup towards the end of the round, I personally think the best way to breath new life into strat and allow for new players/factions to join in and really feel as though they have a shot is to reset in the relatively near future.
I personally advocate for a reset in November.

I'm definitely looking forward to Strat 8 and I think I have a deep enough understanding after thousands of hours put into cRPG/strat to suggest feasible and reasonable changes to the game.

(click to show/hide)
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Haramir

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Haramir
  • IRC nick: Haramir
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 06:03:43 pm »
+8
Name in Strategus: Occitan_Haramir

Strategus Rounds Participated: 3-4-5-6-7

Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Occitan/Hospitaller,Les Chevaliers Occitans,Goblins Empire, Fallen

Why you want to be on the council:   I am a really active member in this round and i managed to make it a good experience for both sides with my good friends the HOC.  We have been able for awhile to make it fair game and we brought back a lot of activity to the mod.

Example improvements you would suggest:   
-Big changes to the looting mecanic to stop defending castle from being litteral cash cow with no risk. So there is more incentive to attack castle.

-If ever possible the ability to siege properly a fief and block any incoming troops from reinforcing the garisson if there is an Army blocking it.

-Much higher cost for armor above average, so we dont end up with the same army everybattle near the end of the round

-Tone down a little the recruitment speed of troops, but make it possible to trade your excess strategus tick into troops. So you have a good incentive to bring people back to NA1.  Someting like 1000 ticks for 100 troops

Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N):   Im the only Occitan who talked to Kesh, fought for him a few times and briefly joined BRD, so maybe i am.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:17:35 pm by Haramir »

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 06:05:40 pm »
+6
Name in Strategus: Thane_Thalion
Strategus Rounds Participated: This one, the one before that, the one before that, and the one before that, I think.
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Warriors of the First Age / Mithrim / HoC
Why you want to be on the council: Enforced Historical Accuracy
Example improvements you would suggest: Randomly spawned bandit armies if people set their taxes too high. I mean come on, people. Do we all want to end up like the EU? Did none of you listen to Ron Paul?

Serious ideas for strat are here.
(click to show/hide)

Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): Kesh is just an old wives tale, Occitans tell their children to keep them from being bad.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:19:26 pm by Thalion_Menelvagor »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 06:07:49 pm »
+1
Name in strat: jack1_
Strategus Rounds Participated: 1,2,3,4,7
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Teutonic/aow, fcc, Frisia, Dutch/jack clan, the clan
Why you want to be on the council: because my ego is bigger than james’
Example improvements you would suggest: -%50 Rick rate +50% Xp rate, smaller ticks for smaller rosters with same xp
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): fuck yeah
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 06:57:45 pm »
+5
Name in Strategus: Hospitaller_Huseby
Strategus Rounds Participated: end of strat 1, have played in all complete rounds since strat 2
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: nH, Hospitaller, Occitan
Why you want to be on the council: I think I have some ideas that might help improve Strategus, but even more important, I think I have a good history of the mod and can help assess if ideas are good, bad or somewhere in between.
Example improvements you would suggest: Reduce S&D available so people have more incentive to fight for, and protect fiefs.  I'd suggest doing this by increasing the Production Points needed for each increase in Prosperity (maybe from 5 PP for +10 Prosperity, make it 1:1).  I'd also suggest adding some more fiefs on the NA side, and removing some on EU side.  Making the map more spread out would be good, right now it seems like large parts of the map are not worth traveling to (like Rhodok area, it's hard to navigate and not enough fiefs to hit up for S&D make it worth while to travel there). So you stay in certain areas of the map, but are confined to a few fiefs to get decent distance bonus on goods.  Adding more villages, and removing more castles would be good.  Trying to attack castles is a pain (which it should be) but I think people got burned out and instead of continuing to attack, they may choose to just stop playing.  Incentivize (that is a word, fuck you Chrome) more people to play by rewarding factions (or individual players) on certain criteria.  I'd suggest rewards be given as XP, since it can't be traded if people collude together, and character level is more important (to me) than loom points or items.
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): Possibly, but that would bring more people back to play the game, so it's a moot point.

I really like Reinhardt's idea of less castles/cities, more villages.  And I really like Haramir's ideas about looting or preventing people from crossing into a fief that has been sieged (i.e. no way to reinforce unless you break the siege first).  His idea about turning excess strat ticks to troops would work, but 10:1 might be too high, maybe 5:1 (500 strat ticks for 100 troops).  Also the idea of a GM would be awesome if we had someone we could trust to be impartial (maybe have a trusted EU player GM over NA map, and vice versa).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:04:36 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 08:08:50 pm »
+4
Name in Strategus: Pollux
Strategus Rounds Participated: too many to count
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Pollux
Why you want to be on the council: life is all about balance and I'm all about life
Example improvements you would suggest: Changes that would discourage ninja rostering, S&D balancing, QoL improvements. I wanna make strat fresh that will be fun to play for new and old players.
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): No I swear

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 08:13:02 pm »
+5
As the community did overwhelmingly vote in favor of making me an admin, I would take this position as compensation for the mental anguish of not being appointed an admin.

Name in Strategus: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasantCav

Strategus Rounds Participated: 2,3,4,5,7 I think?

Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Always a Free Peasant of Fisdnar

Why you want to be on the council: Talk shit to the other leaders on the council, be the first to leak rumors, and tell you all to blow it out your ass when your ideas do not align with mine.

Example improvements you would suggest: Remove all maps with walls that are bugged, or other buggy crap that pisses everyone off. Remove the maps that are way too large. Make item costs much
higher so it will take longer to get to the plate end game. Most of my other ideas have already been mentioned.

Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): No but I will try to summon him again.

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 08:17:48 pm »
+12
I think it's almost pointless to apply for a Council spot if you're an EU player, though I've some suggestions for the applicants and future council members to take note of.

• Delete all Cities, period. They're much more annoying to siege than castles. Even if you manage to dominate the defenders, they'll just play cat and mouse with you.
  • Reduce the base PP drastically (>-90%). PP per hour is okay, 2/h for villages, 3/h for castles.
  • Fix crime for castles.
  • Some kind of AI armies, instead of fief-only. (if it's even possible)
  • AI gear is shit and ugly, mostly ugly, change those. Give castles better gear than villages.
  • There are still too many fiefs in the end, theoretically we could fit both NA and EU on one Calradia map and simply put a line in between for server selection. No more Nova/New fiefs.
  • Otherwise delete all the desert and steppe fiefs. This would mean a bigger buffer zone between NA and EU, some people may like it.
  • Both points above would led to a higher fief density on the main part of the map, the average travel time is shortened and it would in general speed up the game.
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!

Offline sJimmy

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 08:28:04 pm »
+2
Name in Strategus: sJimmy

Strategus Rounds Participated: 3,4,5,6,7

Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: Hounds of Chulainn, Hospitaller, Les Chevaliers Occitans, Lost Legion/Legionaries, [Redacted]

Why you want to be on the council: I have been with or against [Directly or Indirectly] almost every faction in N.A. Having been on both sides of the fence in a battle, it has allowed myself to know how factions operate differently. That and knowing each faction’s play-style, I think is brings valuable insider knowledge to Strategus.

Example improvements you would suggest: Faster Spawn Time [So All Troops are Used], Increased XP Ticks by 50-70%, Gain Gold/Silver Ticks for Strat Battles, Limit Time for the Type of Battles: Village [30 minutes], Castles [60 minutes], City’s [120 minutes], Trading improved or at least try to focus the game on war instead of trade. Less fiefs if possible or more varied locations. Maybe go back to one map.

Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): No
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:46:11 pm by sJimmy »
"By what you decide to do every day you will be a good man or not." – Knights Hospitaller, 2nd Crusade

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 09:15:30 pm »
+5
Name in Strategus: Knute
Strategus Rounds Participated: 1,2,3,4,5,7
Affiliated Strategus Factions Current/Historical: The Free Peasants of Fisdnar,  Black Tea Bartering Brigade 
Why you want to be on the council: Strategus has potential to be a better game, let's make it easier to play and get to the good parts
Example improvements you would suggest:
  • Start the round with equipment heavily discounted in specific regions (ex. Arabic in the desert, Nordic in the north, horses in plains/steppe, and heavy armor near mountains) to jumpstart the action and add new strategic / roleplay elements.
  • Make the inventory system easier to sort and see what you have.
  • Archive out-of-date information on the forum and make one official guide so it's easier for new players to get involved.
  • Restore the original map with all fiefs on the NA side to allow for more trade route options and opportunities for small factions to get a fief
Are you Kesh in disguise come to lay ruin to Calradia (Y/N): Y

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 10:27:48 pm »
+3

• Some kind of AI armies, instead of fief-only. (if it's even possible)

This would be an amazing feature if Prof or James could set this up somehow maybe even appoint a GameMaster who is unbiased to control the armies and attack randomely and raid and do whatever! Would bring alot of Drama to the game and pull people closer together!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 10:42:53 pm »
Fully AI army is probably not possible. A game master is definitely possible. Prof toyed around with the idea of doing it a bit himself already.