Author Topic: NEWS REPORT! FCC RETURNS! WAR OVER! WAR DECLARED!  (Read 7694 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
Re: NEWS REPORT! FCC RETURNS! WAR OVER! WAR DECLARED!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 07:37:27 pm »
+5
Pretty sure sJimmy brought up faction size first by saying the other side was a megafaction (implying they are a way bigger faction than anyone else).

Also, gotta love taking quotes out of context several months after they were stated. Ya our faction got bigger when we recruited more members pretty shocking i know
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 07:39:28 pm »
+3
Ya our faction got bigger when we recruited more members pretty shocking i know

Is that how that works? Gonna have to take this information to the King. He will definitely want to know about this.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 07:47:42 pm »
Pretty sure sJimmy brought up faction size first by saying the other side was a megafaction (implying they are a way bigger faction than anyone else).

Also, gotta love taking quotes out of context several months after they were stated. Ya our faction got bigger when we recruited more members pretty shocking i know

Calling people a megafaction is hardly the same as bringing up actual member counts. It's the same reason we're called carebears - typical strat propaganda, not even based on reality. Nothing new to see here.

And even when you guys were "small" you had about as many active members as the rest of us.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 07:51:03 pm »
+2
gotta love how people are still taking strat personnel

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 07:55:37 pm »
+1
gotta love how people are still taking strat personnel

Tbh I think the reason why NA strat is still alive and kicking while EU for a long while hasn't been is because very few, if any, NA players actually take it personnel. EU has had people rage quit crpg entirely time and time again due to strat, hence the struggling population. The only possible exception as far as I can tell is Arowaine's hate boner for kesh, somehow still going strong some 6 years later.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 07:59:29 pm »
+6
Calling people a megafaction is hardly the same as bringing up actual member counts. It's the same reason we're called carebears - typical strat propaganda, not even based on reality. Nothing new to see here.

And even when you guys were "small" you had about as many active members as the rest of us.

I used to consistently deal in reality and explain casus belli (not in those exact terms) using facts, not opinions.  And it would still always get turned into some propaganda bullshit by each side.  Doesn't matter what people say.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 08:01:24 pm »
+2
Again, comparing "faction size" is a pretty dishonest measurement at this point in strat. Look at the rosters, that is where you get a real sense of "faction size". Yes, you can always have a few afk people making some tickets or doing the odd trade run, but the active players on the strat battle are the ones that actually matter.  So i reviewed six previous battles between HoC and other folks. Here's how it staked up in terms of mercs.

Battle 1: HoC 9, Pink 7
Battle 2: HoC 8, Pink 7
Battle 3: HoC 9, Pink 3
Battle 4: HoC 9, Pink 5
Battle 5: HoC 7, Pink 7
Battle 6: HoC 5, Pink 5

So Tristian, if you are actually wanting to be honest about this and put shit posting aside for a moment. To say that HoC has 19 and to use that as implication of actual strength in a strat battle is just inaccurate. I got back into crpg with the understand that pretty much all these factions that have played previous strats are shadows of their former selves, and its the efforts of a few dedicated people in each faction that keeps the whole damn mod alive (that and blood offerings James of Acre gives every night).

So lets just cut the crap. I am sure if I looked at the rosters in detail, we'd see that there are 4 factions that can field  somewhere between 7-10 fighters with some regularity. 3 of those factions are allied (or at least mercing together) against 1.  Yes, in the early days there were some battles where HoC had a merc advantage. But its not the merc advantage that bothers me so much as dishonesty in trying to say that its a fairly evening fight as things stand now. It's not. and actually, thats fine. Its a war game, you have an advantage you use it. But its the virtue signaling and hypocrisy, aside from the normal shit-posting, that gets people to stop caring about this game.

So please, Tristran. Talk to me about about faction size.

I'd also like to just give a shout out to the various smaller factions, afk'ers, and other rag-tag assortment of warriors who have merced for HoC and made from some pretty decent battles afterall.

To others in Acre, Occitan and Pinks, regardless of whatever official or secret political deals you guys have with eachother, the rosters don't lie.  I don't care who "wins" this war, but lets just have an honest one for crying out loud. Do you're worst, but don't pretend that you are some how fighting some mega-faction or that the odds are exactly even.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 08:02:40 pm »
+1
All too true. I had just hoped there was enough maturity to have balanced that out a bit from however many years ago. Perhaps I'm just getting to old for this shit.

I used to consistently deal in reality and explain casus belli (not in those exact terms) using facts, not opinions.  And it would still always get turned into some propaganda bullshit by each side.  Doesn't matter what people say.

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 08:09:48 pm »
+4
Just because people dont sign up for strat battles doesn't mean they don't have an impact ingame. They can be troop farmers like I know you guys have multiple of cuz I'm in your discord and you've talked about it multiple times in general chat or they can just be trading and making you silver which I know you guys have because I'm in your discord and you've talked about it multiple times in group chat.

If they are truly AFK and inactive, why not boot them out of your faction? Your guys allies The Clan and the potatoes each can pull 7 to 10 mercs as well so don't act like things are super aligned against you.

ALSO also, I don't see the point in being aggressive towards people (Pinks and Acre) and then being mad that they are signing for your enemies. Its kind of how strategus has always worked.

To others in Acre, Occitan and Pinks, regardless of whatever official or secret political deals you guys have with eachother, the rosters don't lie.  I don't care who "wins" this war, but lets just have an honest one for crying out loud. Do you're worst, but don't pretend that you are some how fighting some mega-faction or that the odds are exactly even.

Double check the guy who made this thread chief, no one is complaining about megafactions but you guys

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 08:23:20 pm »
I mean, you can loose the work of a lot of afk ticket farmers pretty quickly with an early flag cap. And I'm guessing we aren't the only ones who have a few people to farm tickets, are who aren't super interested in strat proper?

Again, rosters don't lie. Even with the commendable efforts of the potatoes and Clan.  In all truth, there aren't really any megafactions, not by the standards of previous strats. The side that is just more organized and slightly more numerous is you guys. Which is fine. Just own it. Win the war, or don't, its fine. Just don't pretend we are the carebears in this situation. We are fine fighting all you guys to the death. Or at least I am. Lets just have a honest war without the pretense.

Just because people dont sign up for strat battles doesn't mean they don't have an impact ingame. They can be troop farmers like I know you guys have multiple of cuz I'm in your discord and you've talked about it multiple times in general chat or they can just be trading and making you silver which I know you guys have because I'm in your discord and you've talked about it multiple times in group chat.

If they are truly AFK and inactive, why not boot them out of your faction? Your guys allies The Clan and the potatoes each can pull 7 to 10 mercs as well so don't act like things are super aligned against you.

ALSO also, I don't see the point in being aggressive towards people (Pinks and Acre) and then being mad that they are signing for your enemies. Its kind of how strategus has always worked.

Double check the guy who made this thread chief, no one is complaining about megafactions but you guys

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 08:23:35 pm »

Well duh, why would anyone in a megafaction complain about it? And please try not to take a drunken shitpost so seriously.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 08:29:40 pm »
+7
I mean, you can loose the work of a lot of afk ticket farmers pretty quickly with an early flag cap. And I'm guessing we aren't the only ones who have a few people to farm tickets, are who aren't super interested in strat proper?

Again, rosters don't lie. Even with the commendable efforts of the potatoes and Clan.  In all truth, there aren't really any megafactions, not by the standards of previous strats. The side that is just more organized and slightly more numerous is you guys. Which is fine. Just own it. Win the war, or don't, its fine. Just don't pretend we are the carebears in this situation. We are fine fighting all you guys to the death. Or at least I am. Lets just have a honest war without the pretense.

to be fair when my little ragtag group of myself sugar albus and ephemeral started attacking you guys just to get shit poppin on strat, some hoc guys mercilessly spammed a lot of big mercs on steam begging them to merc for hoc and not me, so the most i could do was convince a lot of them to just not show up instead of fighting against me just to try and get us outmercced by maybe 10 at most instead of 15. so now that we are getting a slight merc advantage i think everyone should just count their blessings and have fun and thank the lord jesus that crpg is alive after 8 years1!!

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 08:34:32 pm »
Yeah, I did go back and look at the battle logs and saw the battles you were talking about.  At least it did get some stuff going even if those early battles were uneven. Looks like things are more in your favor now. I would hope that everyone would agree that the best thing to do is to just continue to create battles, do a little not to serious shit posting, and keep on bringing people back to the game so we can continue to get some decent battles.

to be fair when my little ragtag group of myself sugar albus and ephemeral started attacking you guys just to get shit poppin on strat, some hoc guys mercilessly spammed a lot of big mercs on steam begging them to merc for hoc and not me, so the most i could do was convince a lot of them to just not show up instead of fighting against me just to try and get us outmercced by maybe 10 at most instead of 15. so now that we are getting a slight merc advantage i think everyone should just count their blessings and have fun and thank the lord jesus that crpg is alive after 8 years1!!

Offline Oreo

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 08:54:50 pm »
Did u guys hear about that faction that wins battles but it has nobody merc for it, not even the guys that are in the faction
Arowaine: probably cause i told dupre he is a piss of shit

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 09:05:32 pm »
+2
And please try not to take a drunken shitpost so seriously.

I'm not the one downvoting people