Author Topic: New map rotation [EU1]  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
Re: New map rotation [EU1]
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 02:21:47 pm »
+1
Please put tavern in, it's wasted as an Event only map.

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 02:31:12 pm »
Please put tavern in, it's wasted as an Event only map.

I agree that Tavern is a timeless classic, but it doesn't fit for 30v30 at all.

Would be nice to have Ruined Fort back in the rotation

I would, but isn't it ridiculously OP for cav and ranged? I haven't played it much, so I don't remember.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 02:42:47 pm »
+1
I would, but isn't it ridiculously OP for cav and ranged? I haven't played it much, so I don't remember.

It's hilly and have a lot of cover. All classes have a decent chance, I'd say.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 02:44:29 pm »
I agree that Tavern is a timeless classic, but it doesn't fit for 30v30 at all.

Ruined fort is very unbalanced and makes the game a living hell for inf, ranged is basically unreachable in some positions.
I think with the current ranged situation we can all agree, that we don't need that map right now.

Offline Beleg

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapıkulu
  • Game nicks: Beleg
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 02:46:25 pm »
+5
It always seemed ironic to me that battle players despise siege because "it's for noobs"; while teamplay, strategy is much more common in siege. I wonder how many of those "too good for siege" players are the same ones who complain about ranged all the time because they can't bother to use covers.
Oh and its Gnjusoğlu Saracoğlu, you illiterate goat-shagging baklava-eater.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 03:00:43 pm »
+2
Would be nice to see a bi-weekly map rotation change. Not sure how much work that is though.

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 03:02:07 pm »
+1
Added map Ruined Fort

Please don't hate me for this, but I think it's important to try maps that hasn't been played for 5+ years. Giving it a chance, it can always be changed.

Would be nice to see a bi-weekly map rotation change. Not sure how much work that is though.

That's a lot of work, if you have to make the map rotation from scratch. That would require someone to change the codes all the time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:06:45 pm by Athelar »

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2018, 03:24:14 pm »
+1
Added map Ruined Fort

That's a lot of work, if you have to make the map rotation from scratch. That would require someone to change the codes all the time.

Just an idea but I was thinking two pre-made map rotations, one of all older maps, the other of newer maps. After a few weeks or a month swap them out with each other to keep things exciting.

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2018, 03:37:19 pm »
+1
Just an idea but I was thinking two pre-made map rotations, one of all older maps, the other of newer maps. After a few weeks or a month swap them out with each other to keep things exciting.

I think some people like the newer maps more,  while some people prefer the older maps more. You would probably lose some population, doing it like this. I made an all-in-one map rotation with both old and new maps.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 04:09:49 pm »
+5
For EU2, we need small maps i.e. native maps to make it work. So even with 20-25 population it won't get dull and slow paced.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 06:31:26 pm »
I asked Prof yesterday to give me admin rights on EU_8 for the weekend so I could do the exact same thing LOL

Offline Kenda

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 10:59:54 am »
+6
"Down by the river" is not very good. The reasons being you have no vision because of all the trees yet there's a completely open layout, this makes for confusing engagements, not being able to see your team or your enemies properly and the trees are annoying as hell to fight around since they constantly block your vision.

Not only that but the altitude constantly shifts which slows you down, feels like you're constantly walking up or down a tiny hill.

Archers are able to climb that steep ass hill in the northern area which makes it incredibly annoying to try to do anything about them or they camp the beach taking advantage of the shitty layout and the fact that you cant move or hide there.

Remove please
Trollers hear me, i rek you all motherfuckers in real life. You think you can troll me like this behind your screen foking nerd asses? I m gonna find you and ban your ass myseld.

I m watching you

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2018, 12:17:35 pm »
+6
I'll like to complain the same way about Booty Island and Templar Church. Those maps offer no other tactic than running in circles and whichever team runs faster wins the round. I know we have many other maps in the same style of "run or die" maps, but those two are the most obvious ones, what are the chances of them getting removed?

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 01:27:22 pm »
+1
After 5 years of playing the same map rotation, it's finally time for a fresh new start.
Therefore, I've decided to make a new map rotation with more than 80 maps to play.

This thread will pretty much work as an evaluation thread, so if you're dissatisfied with one specific map and want it removed (or replaced), you can make your complaint here, with a reason why. The more a request to remove or replace a map gets upvoted, the more I'll  take into consideration to remove it. Also, I'll be posting updates on this thread if a new map gets added, map removed or map updated.

NA will get a separate evaluation thread.

New siege map rotation will be looked into, if Professor manages to get HH to work.

What is late night event maps, you may ask? This is an event (credits to Cassi), where you play maps you normally wouldn't play, because they're so different from others. This will be held at a specific time of day (preferably in the weekends) and will happen at least every second week, if not every week. (don't expect any prizes for it though, it's not a proper event)

The map rotation is likely to be changed in less than a week when I get the code ready.

(click to show/hide)
Thank you for your efforts. This might even make people forget your macro abuse  :lol:.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2018, 03:08:00 pm »
+1
"Down by the river" is not very good. The reasons being you have no vision because of all the trees yet there's a completely open layout, this makes for confusing engagements, not being able to see your team or your enemies properly and the trees are annoying as hell to fight around since they constantly block your vision.

Not only that but the altitude constantly shifts which slows you down, feels like you're constantly walking up or down a tiny hill.

Archers are able to climb that steep ass hill in the northern area which makes it incredibly annoying to try to do anything about them or they camp the beach taking advantage of the shitty layout and the fact that you cant move or hide there.

Remove please

Normally I would wait for more to upvote your request in order to get it removed, but you make a valid point. I kinda feel obliged to listen to requests, and as we already had this one in the current map rotation, I don't see anything wrong with replacing it.

I'll like to complain the same way about Booty Island and Templar Church. Those maps offer no other tactic than running in circles and whichever team runs faster wins the round. I know we have many other maps in the same style of "run or die" maps, but those two are the most obvious ones, what are the chances of them getting removed?

This is true, there's no fun in those run and die maps, no proper combat. Will work on getting those maps removed, and hopefully replaced with other maps.

Thank you for your efforts. This might even make people forget your macro abuse  :lol:.
Haha, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror.  :lol: My "macros" are as bad as they can get, so people won't even make that thought about me having macros anymore.

Removed map Booty Island
Removed map Templar Church
Removed map Down by the River

My first thought was having more maps, but quality over quantity. Still had about 12 maps more than the previous map rotation.