Author Topic: Round restart on DTV: Ballista functionality  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
Round restart on DTV: Ballista functionality
« on: November 23, 2017, 10:27:51 pm »
On DTV today I noticed that on round restart; if a player is using a ballista their view will remain focused there. Is this intended or just a real annoy to fix? Avoided 'muh relaism' to post here; as this may be considered balanced and fair as;
Any movement resets the view to the players avatar.
Conversely this does give a player (or two) a heads up as to what the bots are doing.

Seems more legitimate that this is the case to me after writing this all out. Thoughts?
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
Re: Round restart on DTV: Ballista functionality
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 10:33:28 pm »
+8
On DTV today I noticed that on round restart; if a player is using a ballista their view will remain focused there. Is this intended or just a real annoy to fix? Avoided 'muh relaism' to post here; as this may be considered balanced and fair as;
Any movement resets the view to the players avatar.
Conversely this does give a player (or two) a heads up as to what the bots are doing.

Seems more legitimate that this is the case to me after writing this all out. Thoughts?

Considering that ballistas used to teleport people who stood on top of them, I don't really want to touch their spaghetti code. If I manage to fix everything I want to, then I'll take a look, though.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Round restart on DTV: Ballista functionality
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:47:59 am »
+1
Greetings Peasant_Woman,

This is yuhmaz from crpg forum team.Thank you for informing us about the bug,we had several issues with the ballista in the past,our dev told me that "ballista has a very complex code structure,time spent on fixing it does not worth,why are you trying to fix everything but yeye maybe i'll check".We hope that you learn to disregard such trifle problems.See you on the battlefield!

Regards,
The Melee Gaming Team