Author Topic: Total Warhammer 2  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Total Warhammer 2
« on: September 30, 2017, 01:37:09 pm »
Supposed to be really good, and the improvements they made over WH 1 sound great too.

Mortal Empires (combined wh1+2 campaign with new features) comes out in a few weeks.

Also, it's already cracked. I think it's retarded that to play Mortal Empires you need to spend something like 130 euros, so IMO they can blame themselves for all the pirates.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Total Warhammer 2
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 02:01:44 pm »
Uther has it I think and he seems to be liking it. Never got into warhammer myself, though I am a big fan of the Total War series.

Would love to see a remake of Empire Total War.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 02:48:51 pm »
+2
ETW had one of the best campaigns (would be my favorite TW if it had the gameplay of NTW). It was amazing to have such a massive map where you could be completely immersed in only Europe for 200 turns and there was still Americas and the Middle East to explore if you wanted to.

Mortal Empires will hopefully be something like that with the combined map.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 10:20:53 pm »
I bought it and I really enjoy it, but not gonna continue playing it until I get my SSD. It just gets so fucking boring waiting 5 minutes for a battle, playing the battle for 5 minutes and waiting another 5 minutes when it's done. Might play some Shogun while I wait for it to arrive.

Also, it's already cracked. I think it's retarded that to play Mortal Empires you need to spend something like 130 euros, so IMO they can blame themselves for all the pirates.

What the fuck? Didn't they say Mortal Empires was gonna be free if you own both games?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:26:53 pm by Bittersteel »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 12:43:47 am »
+1
What the fuck? Didn't they say Mortal Empires was gonna be free if you own both games?
Yes. I'm talking about someone getting into the series now, who does't own WH 1 yet.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 01:20:56 am »
I bought it and I really enjoy it, but not gonna continue playing it until I get my SSD. It just gets so fucking boring waiting 5 minutes for a battle, playing the battle for 5 minutes and waiting another 5 minutes when it's done. Might play some Shogun while I wait for it to arrive.

Thats weird, I don't have an SSD and my load times have been under 10 seconds for everything in this game, but in Shogun/Shogun 2 and the first Warhammer it was 15+ min loads lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 02:43:12 pm »
This sums up my playing experience so far:

(click to show/hide)

Lovin' it. Major time sink though.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 04:30:12 pm »
Yes. I'm talking about someone getting into the series now, who does't own WH 1 yet.

I bought both games for 45 euros each at launch at some shady CD-key site, he should do the same, should be even cheaper now.

Thats weird, I don't have an SSD and my load times have been under 10 seconds for everything in this game, but in Shogun/Shogun 2 and the first Warhammer it was 15+ min loads lol.

That's really strange  :? Well I just got my SSD and loading times are down under 10 seconds now aswell which is awesome.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 05:06:37 pm »
I bought both games for 45 euros each at launch at some shady CD-key site, he should do the same, should be even cheaper now.
Warhammer 1 with all the DLCs costs a whopping 130 euros on Steam. That's just fucking ridiculous. I doubt it's all that cheaper on a shady CD key site with the DLC included.

It's absurd that you're looking at ~260 euros for the full Mortal Empires campaign.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 06:39:52 pm »
http://www.allkeyshop.com/catalogue/search.php?q=Total+War+Warhammer

102 euros for WH1 with all DLC + WH2. It's still a lot of money but doable if you've bought it over the course of a year.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 05:14:06 am »
And that'll be doubled once the DLC's are released.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 11:02:08 am »
Well that depends if you want to play with all the Factions right off the bat. I am not a big fan of the DLC age we have had thrust upon us, but by no means do I feel forced to buy any of the DLC for either of these games. I bought the DLCs I wanted for the first game and didn't bother with others with Factions I weren't interested in, like the my old friendgy Wood Elves. Even Attila is still knocking on toward £90 I think for the game and all the DLCs and I don't think Rome 2 is far behind.

The four factions that come with the game have plenty of play time within them due to their uniqueness and the 'core' of the game made the first game worth its price without the DLC content. My biggest gripe is that I don't feel WH2 justified another £40 price tag, because the core of the game is just WH1, on a different map, with different artwork and different factions. So I felt like I was paying for the core of the same game again, just reskinned, so less value for money, would have been nice if they offered a decent discount for owners of the first game, like £30 would've been nice at least. I did think to myself "But only 4 factions, compared to all the older games many more factions!", but when I thought about it reasonably, each of these Factions in WH1 and WH2 TW, are unique and require MUCH more work to create than those in any of the older titles, where everyone was human and most Factions had plenty of cut and paste units.

If you bought both the WH TW games before or around release date to receive the early buyer bonuses, but didn't buy any DLC, you will still have access to I think 10 Factions/Races in Mortal Empires. Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember that there were 4 playable in WH1 ( Empire, Dwarf, Greenskin, Vampire ), with Chaos as a bonus for early buyer, making 5. Then 4 in WH2 ( High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven ), but with Norsca DLC for WH1 as a bonus, which might not be useful for WH2 right now, but they will be playable in Mortal Empires, making another 5. That's 10 different Factions without any DLC, 10 factions that are much more unique than any Faction in any other TW title, each with their own unique faction mechanics and Rosters etc. But not just 10 Factions/Races, you also get multiple Legendary Lords to play as, which can change the way you start and how you play the game, at least in WH2 the Legendary Lords make a big difference in starting a game and how you might play it. If you didn't get them around the release dates, you still have what, 8 Factions and their respective Legendary Lords, some of which make a noticeable difference.

All in all, yes it is fairly expensive if you want the Mortal Empires business, but you don't need to buy the DLC straight away and can justify the purchase of DLC over time if you are actually playing enough of what the core game offered already. And in my opinion, compared to older TW titles, it actually is better value for money, touching on what I mentioned earlier about the Factions and Races being far more unique and differing in gameplay. And at least on Steam you can buy both WH1 and WH2 (without DLCs ofc), for as cheap, or cheaper, than you can buy Attila TW and all its DLCs, or Rome 2 and all its DLCs, which both contain a ton of cut and pasted units with no where near the variety of campaign and gameplay mechanics for the differing Factions even with all their DLCs.

Is it worth it? if you're a TW fan then yes, I believe it is, especially if you are a TW and a Warhammer fan. Though the game does have some bugs and issues atm, but any TW fan knows that's how all TW games are released  :lol:.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:11:39 am by Leesin »